Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Average prices in shops

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375350

Mr. Richard wrote:
I think this could be a very good idea if implemented properly. You haven't really gone into detail much and explained how exactly this system would work. Would these average prices be fixed into place or would there be a system which "reads" how much an item has been sold for on average throughout X time (e.g. a month), and give people an estimate based on those statistics?

steamcommunity.com/market/

Copy that or copy fp. Not hard to understand :)
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Indiana Jones.
The topic has been locked.

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375351

zarp_smashmouth_avatar wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:
I think this could be a very good idea if implemented properly. You haven't really gone into detail much and explained how exactly this system would work. Would these average prices be fixed into place or would there be a system which "reads" how much an item has been sold for on average throughout X time (e.g. a month), and give people an estimate based on those statistics?

well there are fees on steam so people would lose money if they manipulate the market by selling items for 100x what they're worth
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375352

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

well there are fees on steam so people would lose money if they manipulate the market by selling items for 100x what they're worth

Gives me an idea! Sales tax
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375353

ronaldmarc2009 wrote:
Mr. Richard wrote:

Gives me an idea! Sales tax

Added benefit is tax evasion RP :pray:
  • RubyTheSlump
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 212

SIX BODIES DROPPED & NO BODY WENT TO HEAVEN

steamcommunity.com/id/saltswitch
Value: 1258€
Games owned: 127
Games played: 83 (65%)
Hours on record: 4,167.5h [/list

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375359

YisYas wrote:
Denis wrote:
Incoming funny ppl listing 20 slams for 1000000000000 to fry up the average
i think he’s gunna do it when they are purchased it counts
Same thing applies unfortunately, sales tax is big brain tho + you could actually tax evade (chuteuk style) ingame by dropping your item and they /give u the money or whatever
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Denis.

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375361

This is a feature we have wanted to add but simply haven't done yet due to focus on other features and the requirement for it to be done in an optimised manner (simply storing all purchase data in the database would not be viable at all), but after some consideration I've come up with a way to do it in the most optimised way possible, so we'll definitely be implementing this in either the Valentines or Easter update.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: RubyTheSlump, Mr. Richard, Faithful

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375369

Letting the people who sell you booster packs with these said items but also be able to determine the "average" price for them seems like a bad idea.

:minussp:
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375371

Morgan wrote:
Letting the people who sell you booster packs with these said items but also be able to determine the "average" price for them seems like a bad idea.

Average prices would not be determined by us, but by an automated system which would use sale price in shops.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375380

TheXnator wrote:
This is a feature we have wanted to add but simply haven't done yet due to focus on other features and the requirement for it to be done in an optimised manner (simply storing all purchase data in the database would not be viable at all), but after some consideration I've come up with a way to do it in the most optimised way possible, so we'll definitely be implementing this in either the Valentines or Easter update.

Definitely Valentines Update

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard, Faithful

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375399

TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

pkms are 1mil now?
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375400

maddox wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

pkms are 1mil now?

haha no they're $1,334,131 on average
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375403

Morgan wrote:

Excuse my ableism but this post makes you look like a fucking retard morgan. AVERAGE PRICE something that is done through transactions and market history, NOT what the lead team wants it to be (fun fact a feature for this exists! Its called rare item store)

TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Did I do a thing? Gonna go cook up a feisty sales tax suggestions next
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375447

Nafe wrote:
YisYas wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
How would you average out some of the rare items may I ask out of curiosity?
it’s only gunna go average out items people sell in their shop so if it’s like top tier items that people don’t sell them they won’t have an average prive

Everything has an average price...

Your head doesn't poo brain
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375448

maddox wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

pkms are 1mil now?

prize of the steel 53,365
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 1191

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375451

TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Btw as a little QOL feature you could add a prompt when you are buying an item for over 1.5x the average price, this stops new players being confused and the classic “mini2 in my shop for 10m”.
  • maddox
  • Gold Boarder
  • Ian foot
  • Thanks received: 1297
sky.lea | youtube | steam

Discord: edward_adonis

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375454

maddox wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Btw as a little QOL feature you could add a prompt when you are buying an item for over 1.5x the average price, this stops new players being confused and the classic “mini2 in my shop for 10m”.

thanks for the suggestion!

• TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard, Faithful, CEO of Business

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375479

After Martin doing some maths and consideration of overall averages being quite easy to manipulate and causing some other issues with accuracy over time, we've made some slight changes so the average will be calculated based on the past month of sales, using the daily averages of each day to calculate the overall monthly average.

This means that averages will update every 24 hours but should be more accurate over a longer period of time, and will also allow us to potentially display the changes in daily averages on a graph (similar to the planned graphs in the FP reboot update) in the future if we ever recode the shops menu.

I would also like to show you all the GREAT DEAL available in my shop on CHEAP PKMs
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by TheXnator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard, Faithful

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375480

Morgan wrote:

Excuse my ableism but this post makes you look like a fucking retard morgan. AVERAGE PRICE something that is done through transactions and market history, NOT what the lead team wants it to be (fun fact a feature for this exists! Its called rare item store)

Ableism police here, you have broken the rule but since you acknowledged this in your post I will let you off with a verbal.
  • PZGrens
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • You the shit to me
  • Thanks received: 548
Steam Profile
Ex TTT admin x2
Ex Minecraft Admin
Ex Surf Moderator
Ex Deathrun Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator x2
Ex Community Council member
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shae, Indiana Jones

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375504

TheXnator wrote:
After Martin doing some maths and consideration of overall averages being quite easy to manipulate and causing some other issues with accuracy over time, we've made some slight changes so the average will be calculated based on the past month of sales, using the daily averages of each day to calculate the overall monthly average.

This means that averages will update every 24 hours but should be more accurate over a longer period of time, and will also allow us to potentially display the changes in daily averages on a graph (similar to the planned graphs in the FP reboot update) in the future if we ever recode the shops menu.

I would also like to show you all the GREAT DEAL available in my shop on CHEAP PKMs

Would it be possible for a graph to show if something is going up or down? It would also highlight quite clearly if someone is market manipulating. Side note I'd add a rule to stop it if I were you
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Indiana Jones.

Average prices in shops 2 years 3 months ago #1375505

TheXnator wrote:

Would it be possible for a graph to show if something is going up or down? It would also highlight quite clearly if someone is market manipulating. Side note I'd add a rule to stop it if I were you

Adding a graph would require changing around the shops menu quite a bit, so it's unlikely to be added in this update but definitely will be in the future
TheXnator wrote:
potentially display the changes in daily averages on a graph (similar to the planned graphs in the FP reboot update) in the future if we ever recode the shops menu
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones
Moderators: MadMagic
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

125 PLAYERS ONLINE