Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287116

My profile picture has been removed twice now (yes it follows all rules before anyone asks), every forum staff member who is able to remove it has denied removing it so I can only assume it is being removed via a bug. Please fix!
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
The topic has been locked.

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287123

Maybe you just haven't managed to upload it right? Like the size or the file type etc.
  • Red.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • ✨✨✨
  • Thanks received: 719

Former Deathrun Server Owner
Former Minecraft Super Administrator

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287136

Red. wrote:
Maybe you just haven't managed to upload it right? Like the size or the file type etc.
Nah bro I’ve been using it fine for ages just recently it started deleting itself.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287147

I tried to change my signature once and it reverted to one I had in like 2017, I think it's something to do with the browser
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287237

Workaround: Edit your data in a different browser you do not usually use for ZARP.

People believe it currently has to do with them being cached, though it seems unlikely to me that is the case. My "Elysian Shield Brother" for example keeps reverting to "collateral damage is my favourite kind of damage" on both my laptop and my pc causing me to believe it has something to do with the autofill feature that chrome has, even so, wiping all data (autofill, cache etc) does not prevent this from happening so I'm kind of at a loss.

The only way I managed to edit my info without something reverting to its old state was to launch it in another browser (in my case firefox) and that seems to work. Though, then again, that is a huge workaround and something that not everyone wants to do (some people might not even have a 2nd browser installed that is not edge (or Internet Explorer, I don't judge))

Even then... I've seen it revert text and signatures often enough, but entire profile pictures? That seems odd... that usually never gets cached. Welp, another item to add to the pile of mysteries that the ZARP forums have to offer.

EDIT Forum Staff could also be the one removing it, contact any Forum/Site Administrator to verify this.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Kemi.

[FORUMS] Profile Picture Bug 3 years 6 months ago #1287242

Kemi wrote:
Workaround: Edit your data in a different browser you do not usually use for ZARP.

People believe it currently has to do with them being cached, though it seems unlikely to me that is the case. My "Elysian Shield Brother" for example keeps reverting to "collateral damage is my favourite kind of damage" on both my laptop and my pc causing me to believe it has something to do with the autofill feature that chrome has, even so, wiping all data (autofill, cache etc) does not prevent this from happening so I'm kind of at a loss.

The only way I managed to edit my info without something reverting to its old state was to launch it in another browser (in my case firefox) and that seems to work. Though, then again, that is a huge workaround and something that not everyone wants to do (some people might not even have a 2nd browser installed that is not edge (or Internet Explorer, I don't judge))

Even then... I've seen it revert text and signatures often enough, but entire profile pictures? That seems odd... that usually never gets cached. Welp, another item to add to the pile of mysteries that the ZARP forums have to offer.

EDIT Forum Staff could also be the one removing it, contact any Forum/Site Administrator to verify this.
idk bout all that but ik that no one is removing it so its gotta be a bug for em to fix
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Moderators: MadMagic
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

131 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40