Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396544

Server Name: Deathrun

Suggestion Title: Remove purple fog from the Halloween update

How would it benefit the server: You can actually see the runners/traps

Potential Issues/Exploits: None

Additional notes: Don't really think this was the greatest addition in a gamemode like this. Not only is it hard just to see the runners as death, but its also impossible to see people in BHOP gamemodes after a runner wins.
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Rule.
The topic has been locked.

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396546

agreed made me leave yesterday
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by rroobbiinn10xx.

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396547

:support:
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2305

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396548

:support:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396555

REMOVE ASAP PLEASE
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396556

Hi

Rule wrote:
Don't really think this was the greatest addition in a gamemode like this.
The halloween fog was added as a major part of the halloween themed update. The fog will be removed on the 23rd of November when the Halloween Event ends.
Yes, a blanket use of fog on all maps isn't appropriate for the original map designs of those maps. But as a temporary thing, gamemode wide and in the context of a theme, I think it's worth.

Rule wrote:
Not only is it hard just to see the runners as death, ...
I will admit, one thing i have not made super clear, is that you can use your flashlight - by pressing f (or 'impulse 100' in the console, if you have it unbinded) - to increase visibility in the fog, a bit.
Durring testing the fog visibility was increased to it's current state.
Are there any specific maps you found were visibility for deaths is an issue?

Rule wrote:
... its also impossible to see people in BHOP gamemodes after a runner wins.
If you are aiming directly at a player through the fog their name will appear on your sceen. - Assuming you haven't disabled that in the F2 menu.
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396558

Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:
The halloween fog was added as a major part of the halloween themed update. The fog will be removed on the 23rd of November when the Halloween Event ends.
Yes, a blanket use of fog on all maps isn't appropriate for the original map designs of those maps. But as a temporary thing, gamemode wide and in the context of a theme, I think it's worth.

Rule wrote:
I will admit, one thing i have not made super clear, is that you can use your flashlight - by pressing f (or 'impulse 100' in the console, if you have it unbinded) - to increase visibility in the fog, a bit.

Rule wrote:
If you are aiming directly at a player through the fog their name will appear on your sceen. - Assuming you haven't disabled that in the F2 menu.

How do I edit someone else's comment
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa, Vodka4Gaben, Rule

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396559

Kanna. wrote:
Rule wrote:
It doesn't add anything good to the event though, its not really 'spooky', it just makes it tedious to try and play, especially while bhopping. Most people who have actually tried the event have agreed lol.

Kanna. wrote:
Rule wrote:
Yes, you can turn your flashlight on for an extra meter or something of visibility, its really not much better.
Most maps I've played have the same problem, like sure, you can see them when they actually go into the trap, but you can't see them while they're getting ready to go (like building up speed by bhopping).

Kanna. wrote:
Rule wrote:
Their name initially pops up when you aim at them, but the name stays in the same place for a few seconds before disappearing, so its still overly difficult to hit them. Either way, I don't think you should have to rely on seeing nametags to hit someone you physically cant see at all.
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar Bobb

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396560

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396565

Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:
halloween ended on the 1st of november mate
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6748

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396570

im quitting deathrun if this happens :minussp: :zarppride:
  • Tow Mater
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 734

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396571

Aspect wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

The release of the Deathrun Halloween update being when it was, is something that was completely out of Kanna’s control, due to the issues within the community team at the time we never had the availability to help him test the update until it was gone Halloween however, Kanna has had the update ready to go a week or so before Halloween and had we actually been able to get everyone on to test it would have been released on time.

Probably not fair to take that out on Kanna is all I’m saying.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11872
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Nafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanna.

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396575

Nafe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

The release of the Deathrun Halloween update being when it was, is something that was completely out of Kanna’s control, due to the issues within the community team at the time we never had the availability to help him test the update until it was gone Halloween however, Kanna has had the update ready to go a week or so before Halloween and had we actually been able to get everyone on to test it would have been released on time.

Nobody is taking anything out on Kanna he's the owner of the Deathrun server who else do you contact/discuss an issue about an update with? The mistiming of the update is whatever but you could have added all of the Halloween decor and removed the fog, or simply removed the fog after Halloween day. *IF* Kanna needs Community team permission to remove something like the fog which many people clearly take issue and is nothing but aesthetic I think that is a little silly. Nobody is going at anyone it's just a suggestion.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheRealNepgear, Vodka4Gaben, God dammit Ross, Nogtog, euan

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396578

I'm supportive of this suggestion as it became from an aesthetic addition to the Halloween, to a view obstruction which purely makes the death role a bit harder than it should be IMO. I'd be willing to put up with it, as Kanna mentioned until the near end of the month, but only if it gets replaced from a thick fog to a thin cloud or colored smoke instead which can be present throughout the whole map without becoming an obstacle to the smooth gameplay but still give Halloween vibes.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 211

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kanna.

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396583

Darling wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Nobody is taking anything out on Kanna he's the owner of the Deathrun server who else do you contact/discuss an issue about an update with? The mistiming of the update is whatever but you could have added all of the Halloween decor and removed the fog, or simply removed the fog after Halloween day. *IF* Kanna needs Community team permission to remove something like the fog which many people clearly take issue and is nothing but aesthetic I think that is a little silly. Nobody is going at anyone it's just a suggestion.

I think you’re missing the point of what I was getting at, I was simply replying to the comment that the Halloween update was released after Halloween. As for your point of removing the fog, it is literally only a temporary feature, if Kanna was to accept this suggestion I’m sure the soonest it would be removed is the next update anyhow. Changes were made to the fog overall and Kanna also went out of his way to individually check all the maps and even disable it in some cases for deaths.
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396584

Nafe wrote:
Darling wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

I think you’re missing the point of what I was getting at, I was simply replying to the comment that the Halloween update was released after Halloween. As for your point of removing the fog, it is literally only a temporary feature, if Kanna was to accept this suggestion I’m sure the soonest it would be removed is the next update anyhow. Changes were made to the fog overall and Kanna also went out of his way to individually check all the maps and even disable it in some cases for deaths.
Regardless of if I missed your point about it's release date it changes nothing about what's said about the feature in general. It's temporary for the next 11 days it's making certain maps astronomically harder and some maps nearly impossible to play and it adds nothing. Is there any real purpose to it at all? Aside from the "Spooky" theme which ended like 11 days ago. If it's temporary and if Kanna was to accept it why can't you just be rid of it then? Also when you say "disabled it for deaths in some cases" does that mean that the runners have it? If so that's insanely unfair as well.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vodka4Gaben

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396587

Darling wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Darling wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Kanna. wrote:
Hi

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Rule wrote:

Regardless of if I missed your point about it's release date it changes nothing about what's said about the feature in general. It's temporary for the next 11 days it's making certain maps astronomically harder and some maps nearly impossible to play and it adds nothing. Is there any real purpose to it at all? Aside from the "Spooky" theme which ended like 11 days ago. If it's temporary and if Kanna was to accept it why can't you just be rid of it then? Also when you say "disabled it for deaths in some cases" does that mean that the runners have it? If so that's insanely unfair as well.

Kanna is more than welcome to get rid of it whenever he wants, it’s an existing server feature and therefore doesn’t need any testing or agreement from us to remove it, I just personally think it’s easier to remove features at times of other updates, particularly seasonal ones. Your other point loops back to the release date of the update, which again I’ve already stated why that happened. I know you haven’t already directly said this but most of the features designed for a Halloween update will have a “spooky” feel about them so removing them deducts from a Halloween update.
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darling

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396767

Lets get this handled before the event ends B)
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • Kyber4PHSO
Ex-Staff

[DEATHRUN] Remove purple fog 1 year 5 months ago #1396768

Took this screenshot from the last time I was on deathrun, spot the runner
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member