Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP S1] Refund Request - Smol

[SSRP S1] Refund Request - Smol 1 year 8 months ago #1389705

Smol wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
A hazmat suit will protect you from radiation, which will protect you from a nuke anywhere on the map.

If you are standing directly next to the bomb itself, however, that 1cm of lead lining a plastic suit isn't gonna save you!

If you're within 700 hammer units of the nuke (which isn't actually very far, the ACS bubble is 200 hammer units, so it's about the radius of 2.5 ACS bubbles) then the physical explosion itself will deal up to 500 damage (scaled based on distance) to you in explosion damage, which is not the nuclear blast/radiation damage.

I'll discuss with the CM Team though and see if we should chalk this one up to common sense or change the description of the item.
Wrong

"can we say that we are surprised" has me chuckling
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP S1] Refund Request - Smol 1 year 8 months ago #1389708

Smol wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
A hazmat suit will protect you from radiation, which will protect you from a nuke anywhere on the map.

If you are standing directly next to the bomb itself, however, that 1cm of lead lining a plastic suit isn't gonna save you!

If you're within 700 hammer units of the nuke (which isn't actually very far, the ACS bubble is 200 hammer units, so it's about the radius of 2.5 ACS bubbles) then the physical explosion itself will deal up to 500 damage (scaled based on distance) to you in explosion damage, which is not the nuclear blast/radiation damage.

I'll discuss with the CM Team though and see if we should chalk this one up to common sense or change the description of the item.
Wrong

That's strange, I did check over the code last night and it all seemed to look correct - I'll look into this although the original point is still the case that it is supposed to kill you when you're as close as you were in the first one!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by TheXnator.

[SSRP S1] Refund Request - Smol 1 year 8 months ago #1389709

TheXnator wrote:
Smol wrote:
TheXnator wrote:

Wrong

That's strange, I did check over the code last night and it all seemed to look correct - I'll look into this although the original point is still the case that it is supposed to kill you when you're as close as you were in the first one!
As your idol I think you should refund me
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

[SSRP S1] Refund Request - Smol 1 year 8 months ago #1389729

I've done some further investigation into this and it appears I have been mistaken from the start!

Turns out the reason I wasn't able to reproduce this is because although the code was all up-to-date on the github/my test server, someone (probably martin ngl) forgot to update the explosion entity itself when the update was released! This is now fixed, but not until the next time the map changes/server restarts.

You'll be refunded one gluon gun, contact a Community Owner ingame!

PLAYER REFUNDED
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Chuteuk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markus, CEO of Business
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

223 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop