Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post Deletion

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375033

Why were all of my posts deleted upon request but other people your forcing to wait 6 months?

Also given that as you have just stated you are following the "UK Data Protection Act of 2018" (Mr richard said this morning), you are clearly following UK data protecion laws, As of the UK leaving the EU we are also following the UK GDPR which is just GDPR but for the UK specifically. Which from my understanding means you are in breach of their right to errasure policy. If you are holding data for any other reason please let me know why. Im happy to continue this conversation on another platform/medium if you are not willing to talk about it publicly here. Thanks :)

ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-da...ts/right-to-erasure/

• Shae
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • 在智慧宝贝的爱的纪念中:操你
  • Thanks received: 279
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Shae.
The topic has been locked.

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375034

Posts deleted on request previously have been restored where necessary and found as it turned out some had been deleted in the past where they should not have been and we have been more careful with it going forward from when we realized this was the case.

Data is being held for processing reasons, as specified under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (which the UK "GDPR" is a part of), there are times where the "Right to Erasure" does not apply. One of these reasons is where data is required for processing.

Data is held for processing due to our obligations with PayPal to retain data for 180 days from a request for termination being made - this includes posts as posts are the only way IPs are logged, which is one of the pieces of data which PayPal require us to retain.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375035

But what FORUM post data is required by paypal, none??

I dont see your reasoning for refusing to delete the posts thats all i care about.

Please can you elaborate on what data paypal is forcing you to store. as the only data paypal would need to audit from you would be transaction related. Of which forum posts are unrelated?
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375036

Also your telling me your storing an IP address for every user inside of the posts. But again how is that relevant to transactions, transactions are not synonymous with forum posts so i dont understand that logic. Just seems like an excuse to me but im not 100% on that matter.

Are you aware of the ongoing ICO and HMRC investigation into your procedures, (This was not filled by me im just aware of it). It will be interesting to see what they say in response to these situations and your handling of data.
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375037

You use your forum account to make any transactions via PayPal - since that is the account used and tied to the transaction, PayPal need us to store that data.

I believe it has something to do on their end with chargebacks and disputes, as 180 days is also the limit for disputes on PayPal - one of the things they use to prove a transaction was made by the user is their IP address (amongst other things of course), and in the instance of a user filing a dispute or chargeback claiming they did not "authorise" the transaction or that it "wasn't them", they require us to send over that data in order to prove that the transaction was in fact authorised/made by the user.

If you want more specific information, you'd probably have to speak with Chute, as transactions are handled by him. All I can do is relay the information that I do know regarding this, which is that we're required to hold information by PayPal for 180 days for processing reasons and that this is in line with the law and is the reason we cannot remove posts immediately but instead need to wait for 180 days.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375038

TheXnator wrote:
You use your forum account to make any transactions via PayPal - since that is the account used and tied to the transaction, PayPal need us to store that data.

I believe it has something to do on their end with chargebacks and disputes, as 180 days is also the limit for disputes on PayPal - one of the things they use to prove a transaction was made by the user is their IP address (amongst other things of course), and in the instance of a user filing a dispute or chargeback claiming they did not "authorise" the transaction or that it "wasn't them", they require us to send over that data in order to prove that the transaction was in fact authorised/made by the user.

If you want more specific information, you'd probably have to speak with Chute, as transactions are handled by him. All I can do is relay the information that I do know regarding this, which is that we're required to hold information by PayPal for 180 days for processing reasons and that this is in line with the law and is the reason we cannot remove posts immediately but instead need to wait for 180 days.

Ok thanks for clarifying about paypal that makes more sense now. Apart from the slight caveat that your also refusing to delet ethe data of people who have not made transactions. here is an example: zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/appeals-a...al-mesosorry#1320905 They have not made any payments to any of zarp services yet their data was not deleted upon request.

Also i cant seem to find Zarp as a registered company or sole trader even though you are clearly stating to me that you take payments for a service and hold data relating to these purchases. Are you able to elaborate on that? And i find it hard to believe that Zarp would be considered a "Hobby" as to not be registered as i don't believe at some points Zarp was making under the required minimum to register as a company.

Edit: Also upon checking it seems that the nothing related to Zarp is copyrighted even though in numerous places on your site you claim it is? "All content on this site is Copyright © ZARP Gaming 2021. All rights reserved."
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Shae.

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375039

ZARP doesn't need to be registered as a company as there are profit requirements before registering as a company is required, and nobody is employed at ZARP - all staff, including the Community Team, are unpaid. I am unsure if the profits made by ZARP are enough for Chute to be registered as self-employed, however they are not enough for any taxes to need to be paid.

There is no register of Copyright in the UK, and you do not need to "apply" or "register" for it - anything you make is automatically copyrighted, that is the entire concept of Copyright: www.gov.uk/copyright
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375041

Ok i dont know too much about copyright i was just wondering that, thanks.

Also Zarp doesnt need to be registered as a company? According to the HMRC if you are taking money for a service you do? Also talking about the profits not being enough for taxes to be paid, I cant provide any backing to this claim but i find that hard to beleive given a few friends of mine would spend hundreds a week on the server a few years back?? AND if im not mistaken in the past community managers were paid for their work?
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375042

After reading more on the HMRC i see about how zarp does not have to be registered as a company, im assuming chute is registered as a sole-trader then?

But either way my primary concern is the refusal to delete data including forum posts. Especially when their is no transaciton linked to the account/posts.
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375045

All transactions are linked to your account/posts, as explained above - there is no other way we collect information for transactions other than your forum account/posts.

Community Managers have also never been paid for their work, neither are Community Owners. You'd have to ask Chute to know anything about the tax side of things.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375046

Alright thanks for some clarifications. Im going to contact paypal regarding what information they require and see if that is ok. And as i stated. why are posts not deleted if someone doesnt have transactions though?
  • Shae
  • Expert Boarder

Post Deletion 2 years 3 months ago #1375050

Queries like this are to be sent to us via the Contact Us form. This topic will be locked since it doesn't concern anyone but you and the site operator. Thanks for your valuable input!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

162 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40