Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] RDM Questions

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979167

I've received multiple reports and chat questions on two scenarios and would like to know whether they're RDM or not. Both of these questions are based around ttt_minecraft_b5

1. Player X (Innocent) has walked into Tester. Player Z (Traitor) activated Tester Trap which shows a Red Light shows Player X is a Traitor. Player Y (Innocent) presses the button to drop him to his death.

Is Player Y RDM'ing due to Player X being an Innocent?

2. Player X (Innocent) visits the nether and knows no-one is there, he then waits to see if anyone comes through. Player Z (Traitor) goes through the T Room Nether Portal then comes back through the normal Nether Portal. Player X kills Player Z.

Is Player X RDM'ing due to him only going off instincts?
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
  • Thanks received: 91

Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979169

Hm
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2232
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Henny.

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979172

First one, definitely not, the point of the T trap is to get an innocent killed, it’s in no way the persons fault who pressed the button.

The second one, is a tricky one, but in my opinion, if you definitely know and have checked the full nether, then I’d say it’s not RDM.

Hope this helps in some way.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979174

Hops wrote:
I've received multiple reports and chat questions on two scenarios and would like to know whether they're RDM or not. Both of these questions are based around ttt_minecraft_b5

1. Player X (Innocent) has walked into Tester. Player Z (Traitor) activated Tester Trap which shows a Red Light shows Player X is a Traitor. Player Y (Innocent) presses the button to drop him to his death.

Is Player Y RDM'ing due to Player X being an Innocent?
No, as the T trap made it seem as if Player X was a traitor. There is no rule that states that you have to test again. And there shouldn't be one, either, as the entire purpose of the trap is that innocents die to it.

2. Player X (Innocent) visits the nether and knows no-one is there, he then waits to see if anyone comes through. Player Z (Traitor) goes through the T Room Nether Portal then comes back through the normal Nether Portal. Player X kills Player Z.

Is Player X RDM'ing due to him only going off instincts?
It's not instinct if he properly checked every single person in the Nether and could 100% determine that there was nobody in there. He'd also have to double check if nobody joined the game since his last check, as it could simply be a new user that just joined.

If they are not 100% sure that there was nobody in the Nether then it would be RDM.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie., LonelyDodo

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979176

Yung Henny wrote:
1. You have to double test for exactly this reason, so yes, that would be regarded as RDM
2.That is killing off of sus and RDM. Someone could have ran into the nether portal that isnt in T room.
If they don’t double test, they should not be punished, it’s literally what the trap is intended to do. If people got punished why should the trap even be there?
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979177

1. No the innocent is not guilty of anything as traitor traps are designed to fool the innocents and cause mayhem. Im this case staff should open a chat and explain the T trap so accused player learns from this

2. This is not RDM if these three conditions are met

1. Player X actually checled the nether so there is no possibility of Z hiding in the nether for example

2. Z has not declared access to a teleporter

3. Player Z didnt connect to the server merely second earlier
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by LonelyDodo.

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979178

Eddie. wrote:
Yung Henny wrote:
1. You have to double test for exactly this reason, so yes, that would be regarded as RDM
2.That is killing off of sus and RDM. Someone could have ran into the nether portal that isnt in T room.
If they don’t double test, they should not be punished, it’s literally what the trap is intended to do. If people got punished why should the trap even be there?
I already edited it, but I have seen countless admins/mods punishing and leaving the reason "You must double test". This seems to be a huge misunderstanding then.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2232
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979179

Yung Henny wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Yung Henny wrote:
I already edited it, but I have seen countless admins/mods punishing and leaving the reason "You must double test". This seems to be a huge misunderstanding then.
It was mentioned in a meeting a few months ago that staff should not punish for this. I guess it should be mentioned again to refresh everyone's memories.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979182

Yung Henny wrote:
I agree, I've seen multiple Members of Staff enforce this rule and warn players and others that don't. However, the aim for this post is to make a collective decision that everyone will agree on, rather than each Staff have different rules they enforce.

I personally think the best idea is to come to a decision and include it in the rules, as It won't be noticed deep in the forums by an new player.
  • Hops
  • Junior Boarder
  • lil bunnyhop
  • Thanks received: 91

Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Hops.

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979183

Both are not RDM, there was a debate a while back about number 2 but both of them are just using you brain, which, believe it or not is allowed in a strategy game.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] RDM Questions 5 years 7 months ago #979185

Hops wrote:
Yung Henny wrote:
I agree, I've seen multiple Members of Staff enforce this rule and warn players and others that don't. However, the aim for this post is to make a collective decision that everyone will agree on, rather than each Staff have different rules they enforce.

I personally think the best idea is to come to a decision and include it in the rules, as It won't be noticed deep in the forums by an new player.
Someone threatened to warn me for this a while back, I think it was Kim or Prosyndicate but I killed them for coming up as a traitor from the tester and I had to explain to them that if you double test the trap doesn't work, and also the fact that some times people think the trap has already been activated.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

161 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun