Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398744

The long-awaited big Surf Update/New gamemode is just around the corner, ready to be released for everyone to see! Join us this Wednesday 21st at 7PM GMT! A bunch of new features which include, all new ranking system, record bots and much more customization abilities!

Record Bots

At last, after all these years players have waited, we bring you record bots on the surf server. The Record bots all you to spectate the best record in the current mode. You are also able to view previous top records held by others before their record was broken.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Surf Menu

The all-new Surf Menu, easily accessed by pressing F1! The menu displays useful information about the server and provides useful commands, a wide range of settings, records for the current map etc!

New Menu Designs

With being a big update, we wanted to refresh the menus with a much sleeker design. When connected to the server you will notice our new menus when messing around below you can see the tab, style and rtv menus.

New Ranking System

Along with the new gamemode some ranking system changes have been made, this sadly does mean all players records and levels will be getting reset From now on the exp leveling system you use to know will be gone. The new system will no longer use EXP and will now use map points. Obtaining a rank will change and will be judged by the following: Map points * (Style Average Time / Your Time)

New Zones

In this update we have added new stage zones so that you can now keep track of your times per stage on the staged maps, improving over time, below is an example of what you will see!

Custom Hud Creator

In with the new and out with the old! A brand new custom hud creator for you to make your own hud of what you fully want it to be, to somewhat explain it easier, below there will be a video for you all to watch!

VIP Changes

We are going to be bringing a new updated VIP Menu with a new feature that will allow players to be able to change their chat colour. You will also be able to change your name colour to be different to your VIP Tag. Below is the new VIP menu!

Some Other Changes/Features

Along with the bigger features there also been some other changes:

New Admin system
Pausing feature
Save locations
New Modes
Hiding players
Togglable Spectator list
Ability to customize the menu colours
Audio settings
TAS
Easy binds through the surf menu
Snake & Minesweeper
Thank You

A big thanks to all involved in testing and creating of the new gamemode. A special thanks to Knuthulhu for all his work he has put into the new gamemode. We are looking forward to the players enjoying the new features just like what the other servers have. Please join us on Wednesday, if you come across any issues, please inform us or make a bug report!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5653
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OnionRings.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuteuk, Clarky, Markus, Faithful, God dammit Ross and 4 more...

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398745

didnt ask
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9543

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398746

OnionRings wrote:

The long-awaited big Surf Update/New gamemode is just around the corner, ready to be released for everyone to see! Join us this Wednesday 22th at 7PM GMT! A bunch of new features which include, all new ranking system, record bots and much more customization abilities!

Record Bots

At last, after all these years players have waited, we bring you record bots on the surf server. The Record bots all you to spectate the best record in the current mode. You are also able to view previous top records held by others before their record was broken.

Surf Menu

The all-new Surf Menu, easily accessed by pressing F1! The menu displays useful information about the server and provides useful commands, a wide range of settings, records for the current map etc!

New Menu Designs

With being a big update, we wanted to refresh the menus with a much sleeker design. When connected to the server you will notice our new menus when messing around below you can see the tab, style and rtv menus.

New Ranking System

Along with the new gamemode some ranking system changes have been made, this sadly does mean all players records and levels will be getting reset From now on the exp leveling system you use to know will be gone. The new system will no longer use EXP and will now use map points. Obtaining a rank will change and will be judged by the following: Map points * (Style Average Time / Your Time)

New Zones

In this update we have added new stage zones so that you can now keep track of your times per stage on the staged maps, improving over time, below is an example of what you will see!

Custom Hud Creator

In with the new and out with the old! A brand new custom hud creator for you to make your own hud of what you fully want it to be, to somewhat explain it easier, below there will be a video for you all to watch!

VIP Changes

We are going to be bringing a new updated VIP Menu with a new feature that will allow players to be able to change their chat colour. You will also be able to change your name colour to be different to your VIP Tag. Below is the new VIP menu!

Some Other Changes/Features

Along with the bigger features there also been some other changes:

New Admin system
Pausing feature
Save locations
New Modes
Hiding players
Togglable Spectator list
Ability to customize the menu colours
Audio settings
TAS
Easy binds through the surf menu
Snake & Minesweeper
Thank You

A big thanks to all involved in testing and creating of the new gamemode. A special thanks to Knuthulhu for all his work he has put into the new gamemode. We are looking forward to the players enjoying the new features just like what the other servers have. Please join us on Wednesday, if you come across any issues, please inform us or make a bug report!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
nice :zarp:
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6748

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398747

JoshuaIsGreat for superadmin
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398751

Good update, me for sa?
  • JoshuaIsGreat
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 3^ the Serb
  • Thanks received: 1540
a

3^ the Serb
JayHouse on top forever, fuck around and find out :)
Zarp SSRP Lawyer

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398752

Knut with the big bang! :zarp:
  • Red.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • ✨✨✨
  • Thanks received: 719

Former Deathrun Server Owner
Former Minecraft Super Administrator

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398753

Holy :zarp:
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398757

Unreal update
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 585
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398758

Thank you mate and Knu!

• Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398765

where bhop
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738
The following user(s) said Thank You: euan

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398766

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop
Bhop will probably get the same thing I'd assume, keep in mind they literally have to do all the map zones again which is incredibly time consuming
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, euan

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398767

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

The same update will be coming to bhop as soon as it is ready. There is a few gamemode changes that need to be made for it and as soon as that's done comes the creating all the zones for every map and just like clarky said it will take a lot of time. Hopefully within the first month or two of the new year.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398768

OnionRings wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

The same update will be coming to bhop as soon as it is ready. There is a few gamemode changes that need to be made for it and as soon as that's done comes the creating all the zones for every map and just like clarky said it will take a lot of time. Hopefully within the first month or two of the new year.

bhop > surf
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1738

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398769

Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop
Bhop will probably get the same thing I'd assume, keep in mind they literally have to do all the map zones again which is incredibly time consuming

True, but 2 hard working LT on a 0-online-players server time can make this happen in an hour tops.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 211

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398770

ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

True, but 2 hard working LT on a 0-online-players server time can make this happen in an hour tops.
now set up 300 zones
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398771

ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

Just done a calculation for bhop map zones. on top of leaderboard menus etc. There will be about 2,392 zones (give or take a few) to be set up on the bhop server. If you believe you can do this in an hour, when its ready to go be my guest at getting it done in an hour! This also doesn't include block zones so maybe round it up to 2,400 zones in total.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OnionRings.

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398772

OnionRings wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

Just done a calculation for bhop map zones. on top of leaderboard menus etc. There will be about 2,392 zones (give or take a few) to be set up on the bhop server. If you believe you can do this in an hour, when its ready to go be my guest at getting it done in an hour! This also doesn't include block zones so maybe round it up to 2,400 zones in total.
Piece of cake, give me 10 minutes
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, euan

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398773

OnionRings wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

According to your math, it seems that you are NOT counting 2 zones per map, which is what a pleb like me would think, therefore, i will up my estimate time assumption to a few more hours, and take on the challenge on these terms!
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398776

ItsDonny wrote:
OnionRings wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

According to your math, it seems that you are NOT counting 2 zones per map, which is what a pleb like me would think, therefore, i will up my estimate time assumption to a few more hours, and take on the challenge on these terms!
That's not his point though, you're saying this can be done in a hour which is wild
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

❄️SURF - CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2022❄️ 1 year 3 months ago #1398778

Clarky wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
OnionRings wrote:
ItsDonny wrote:
Clarky wrote:
rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
where bhop

That's not his point though, you're saying this can be done in a hour which is wild

No, i’m not saying that. You quoted the message that says so
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds