Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362920

Red. wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
cba posting on suggestions thread but maybe change the title cause the current one doesn't have much going for it

Any suggestions for a better one?
ZARPGAMING.COM - DEATHRUN - VELOCITY RESTRICTION

that'll get the new players hyped :pray:
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
Login or register to post a reply.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362923

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Red. wrote:
Spectrum wrote:
cba posting on suggestions thread but maybe change the title cause the current one doesn't have much going for it

holy shit man it actually worked
  • Spectrum
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 849

Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex SSRP Head Admin
Ex TS / Discord Head Admin
Ex Forum Section Moderator
Ex Community Council Member

My Anime List
Steam | Discord: Spectrum#0001

The following user(s) said Thank You: God dammit Ross, Red.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362924

Spectrum wrote:
Lewis_is_java wrote:
Red. wrote:
Spectrum wrote:

holy shit man it actually worked
that's just joshua knocking another server of the game tracker website
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4690
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Boxy, Vodka4Gaben

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362925

Server seems to be booming after this great update
  • Legacy™
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-SSRP Administrator Ex-Deathrun Administrator
  • Thanks received: 163

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362978

12 people on the server and most of them are new players so great work :clap:
  • chiki
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • second Most wholesome person on Zarp :)
  • Thanks received: 395
Ex-Deathrun Head Administrator
siller goober
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red., Sam.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362990

There was a lot of new players today, so the update must have worked. :clap: :zarp:
also i have user feedback increase max speed by a litlle ok thx. :heart:
  • Kanna.
  • Community Developer
  • Thanks received: 300

Community Developer
Deathrun Server Owner
Prop Hunt Server Owner

EX-TTT Admin(?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1362992

Kanna. wrote:
There was a lot of new players today, so the update must have worked. :clap: :zarp:
also i have user feedback increase max speed by a litlle ok thx. :heart:

Alternatively just revert the speed :pray:
  • Boxy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Poecilotheria metallica
  • Thanks received: 1039
The following user(s) said Thank You: rroobbiinn10xx, Skippergroe

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1363142

Dislike the speed restriction that is being applied. When I first started getting into Deathrun I also got ran over by other Runners and even playing as Deaths was a challenge predicting the movement of really good runners.

That's kind of where the fun was in trying to improve my Bhopping and to try and best myself time and time again until I've "mastered" certain paths with the perfect speed / perfect jump locations (Good example is the 50/50 trap in Atomic Warfare where you could jump through the traps with optimal jumping or fall flat regardless of your speed because your jump wasn't calculated enough). I think it's taking a bit of the fun and taking away a learning curve that makes Deathrun fun to learn as a Runner and also fun as a Death by predicting optimal trap activations to catch really good Bhoppers.

Hope it gets looked at a bit better, I get that it's targeted for begginers but I really do think that looking at good Runners as a newbie can inspire a begginer player to practice their Bhop and improve their speed, which is a fun way to engage with the gamemode.

Besides that, great attempt at improving the gamemode that a lot of us still enjoy to this day. Hope this effort gets rewarded with more players and leads to more updates in the future!
  • Rilder
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Do you know what time it is?
  • Thanks received: 136
-Deathrun Ex-Super Administrator
-TS3 Ex-Staff
Mega Thanks to Bickels for buying me VIP! (:

Add me on Steam!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lewis_is_java, rroobbiinn10xx, SwiiFTz, Ashur, Lotto_Totto and 8 more...

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 7 months ago #1363342

Love you guys in the staff team, but that's one way to lose loyal people who actually like to bhop fast including me. Hope it turns out well for you but I don't think I will playing that much :/
  • morganDF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Deathrun is making its comeback
  • Thanks received: 44
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX- DEATHRUN SUPER ADMIN
EX-DISCORD/TEAMSPEAK STAFF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 6 months ago #1364356

Zoe wrote:
Sam. wrote:
Zoe wrote:
The velocity restriction honestly seems like one of the worst updates. The thing that made deathrun fun was the competitiveness, learning how much speed you would need to make certain jumps or skip traps. This basically removes highspeed baiting and taking risks. The only good thing about it is that the records have been reset which was highly requested in the past.

I totally understand what you mean, but we did this because lets just say, you just started playing deathrun and don’t know how to bhop and you see everyone zooming past you, that wouldn’t be fun, you could not catch up.

I think this will help with players not leaving because of tryhards.
The reason I stayed is that I looked up to players able to bhop like that. And when I was staff and people couldn't bhop people would teach them how to bhop, motivate them and cheer them on. And I feel like the players that were trying hard will now stop playing on the server, so there is a chance that new players will join once in a while but won't stay as they don't know the community well.

This was obviously a mutual decision by the LT but I hope that if it doesn't work out well that it will be reversed to the old velocity.
I agree totally with Zoe people aren't just naturally good at bhopping its not something your born with. The whole reason which made it was fun was learning new tricks and getting faster beating your own time and improving, now it feels sluggish and completely wrong. I didn't get put off when I first started playing as I wanted to learn and become the best and feel as though I accomplished something.
  • morganDF
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Deathrun is making its comeback
  • Thanks received: 44
EX - Deathrun Admin
EX- DEATHRUN SUPER ADMIN
EX-DISCORD/TEAMSPEAK STAFF
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by morganDF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, MsRevine, Siren, Skippergroe

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 6 months ago #1364358

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The way I see it, is that you're advancing or improving one thing for certain people but then completely fucking it up for the others. So it makes no difference, either way, it's still unbalanced, just the opposite now. The best outcome would be having solutions witch benefits/help new players but don't disable/limit the current ones.

Edit: Just adding onto this, every round is basically impossible now if you don't have a ton of runners. Basically, because of the velocity, every trap is equivalent to a 50/50. Someone is guaranteed to die, whoever goes first. You can't bait very well or at all anymore. And if Death has better reflexes than a 90-year-old condom they'll press the button and kill someone every trap.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
  • Thanks received: 1136
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Siren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsRevine, morganDF, Skippergroe, Rose

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 6 months ago #1364376

You just killed it even more, removing a skill aspect which also made new people want to stay to learn how to bhop, or to be the best
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 6 months ago #1364377

morganDF wrote:
Zoe wrote:
Sam. wrote:
Zoe wrote:
The velocity restriction honestly seems like one of the worst updates. The thing that made deathrun fun was the competitiveness, learning how much speed you would need to make certain jumps or skip traps. This basically removes highspeed baiting and taking risks. The only good thing about it is that the records have been reset which was highly requested in the past.

I totally understand what you mean, but we did this because lets just say, you just started playing deathrun and don’t know how to bhop and you see everyone zooming past you, that wouldn’t be fun, you could not catch up.

The reason I stayed is that I looked up to players able to bhop like that. And when I was staff and people couldn't bhop people would teach them how to bhop, motivate them and cheer them on. And I feel like the players that were trying hard will now stop playing on the server, so there is a chance that new players will join once in a while but won't stay as they don't know the community well.

This was obviously a mutual decision by the LT but I hope that if it doesn't work out well that it will be reversed to the old velocity.
I agree totally with Zoe people aren't just naturally good at bhopping its not something your born with. The whole reason which made it was fun was learning new tricks and getting faster beating your own time and improving, now it feels sluggish and completely wrong. I didn't get put off when I first started playing as I wanted to learn and become the best and feel as though I accomplished something.
Bhopping isnt a gift you get by nature, as with everything, you have to practise to get better.
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276
The following user(s) said Thank You: morganDF, Sam.

⭐ DEATHRUN SEPTEMBER UPDATE 2021 ⭐ 2 years 6 months ago #1364387

Ashur wrote:
morganDF wrote:
Zoe wrote:
Sam. wrote:
Zoe wrote:

Bhopping isnt a gift you get by nature, as with everything, you have to practise to get better.

exactly, something you still can't to this date
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

283 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
6/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
4/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf
3/32