Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A note to ALL TTT Administrators

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 11 months ago #894557

Raeker wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Johnler wrote: I don't see how this is comparable. Like at all.

What do you mean? That is literally all you said but much shorter and clearer.

Besides you can't expect staff to read a whole essay, make it short and sweet.
What Johnler states in his guide entirely contradicts what I say in this post, so you're completely wrong in saying his guide is what I said but shorter. Although I did assist Johnler when he updated his old ban pastebin into that post, it actually shares a lot of misinformation that will only confuse staff even more, not help them.

Also in this case the "short and sweet" version is the staff ethos, but a lot of people misinterpret its meaning and this post explains why that is.
Please excuse me for being a moron. I went to bed at fucking 4 AM and I honestly am being extremely stupid today. Johnler's post is not wrong and it is not sharing misinformation. It could emphasise a little better that this is purely Johnler's opinion and that the actual punishment is up to the staff member's discretion, however overall there is nothing wrong with that post and it is fairly relevant to what I have written here.

However Johnler's post gives proper examples and scenarios and says the proper action to be taken whilst my post goes deeper into the ins and outs of the ban command and more specifically under what circumstances it should be used. Although I respect Johnler for sharing that guide, it made it more seem like a "I already made this" thing even though these two guides have entirely different perspectives on the subject touching entirely different issues.

Like I stated before, the TTT staff team have had this issue for a very long time now where they practically refuse to ban users. I could point fingers and make accusations as to why that might be, but really there is no point. It is a problem that has to be solved. And as great as Johnler's guide is, it does not solve that problem. What his guide does is help new administrators by giving proper examples of when to use the ban command.

What my guide does is acknowledge and clarify the misconceptions that have been going around for years to solve an issue that allows mass rulebreakers to play on the server. They serve entirely different purposes, which is why I don't understand how you, Jim_Jam, say that his guide is the same as mine "but shorter and clearer so it is better", even though that is an extremely blunt and short-sighted way of putting it.

I really didn't like the way you characterized my post Raeker and since I am the kind of person who believes that the first words said by someone are the ones that he truly means, I got a bit annoyed.

Now about why I posted it, so when our admins read your wonderful post, they could also check mine since it literally shows examples of When to ban someone, What do I have to take into account when banning a user and How long do I ban someone for.

Basically your post is theory, mine is Examples and since they can't be merged, I decided to post it here.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 11 months ago #894567

Johnler wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
Raeker wrote:

What Johnler states in his guide entirely contradicts what I say in this post, so you're completely wrong in saying his guide is what I said but shorter. Although I did assist Johnler when he updated his old ban pastebin into that post, it actually shares a lot of misinformation that will only confuse staff even more, not help them.

Also in this case the "short and sweet" version is the staff ethos, but a lot of people misinterpret its meaning and this post explains why that is.
Please excuse me for being a moron. I went to bed at fucking 4 AM and I honestly am being extremely stupid today. Johnler's post is not wrong and it is not sharing misinformation. It could emphasise a little better that this is purely Johnler's opinion and that the actual punishment is up to the staff member's discretion, however overall there is nothing wrong with that post and it is fairly relevant to what I have written here.

However Johnler's post gives proper examples and scenarios and says the proper action to be taken whilst my post goes deeper into the ins and outs of the ban command and more specifically under what circumstances it should be used. Although I respect Johnler for sharing that guide, it made it more seem like a "I already made this" thing even though these two guides have entirely different perspectives on the subject touching entirely different issues.

Like I stated before, the TTT staff team have had this issue for a very long time now where they practically refuse to ban users. I could point fingers and make accusations as to why that might be, but really there is no point. It is a problem that has to be solved. And as great as Johnler's guide is, it does not solve that problem. What his guide does is help new administrators by giving proper examples of when to use the ban command.

What my guide does is acknowledge and clarify the misconceptions that have been going around for years to solve an issue that allows mass rulebreakers to play on the server. They serve entirely different purposes, which is why I don't understand how you, Jim_Jam, say that his guide is the same as mine "but shorter and clearer so it is better", even though that is an extremely blunt and short-sighted way of putting it.

I really didn't like the way you characterized my post Raeker and since I am the kind of person who believes that the first words said by someone are the ones that he truly means, I got a bit annoyed.

Now about why I posted it, so when our admins read your wonderful post, they could also check mine since it literally shows examples of When to ban someone, What do I have to take into account when banning a user and How long do I ban someone for.

Basically your post is theory, mine is Examples and since they can't be merged, I decided to post it here.
It’s like school isn’t it? Raekers guide is like the theory you learn, the boring part, and then your guide is the practicals, the fun part

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler, Raeker

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 11 months ago #894569

Johnler wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Jim_Jam wrote:
Raeker wrote:

Uhm... sorry, I guess? Like I said, I'm extremely tired today and am honestly not thinking straight. I originally stated your post was wrong and then I decided to spend more than two seconds reading it again for the first time in a few months and I realised I was being an idiot, which I then apologised for. So I don't really see why you're taking it personally now. I said you were sharing misinformation and that was a false statement to make so I took it back because I was being retarded. I know full well I was in the wrong there, so I honestly don't understand why you're being so passive aggresive here.
And I got that the second time around, which is why I thanked your post in the end. I misinterpreted your intentions originally because - like I already said - I'm so tired my brain has turned to literal mush.
Yeah, I guess - I'm not trying to discredit your post by any strech, which is why I emphasised how different they are myself. I feel like we're literally agreeing with each other on this point lol
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Raeker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 11 months ago #894856

Hey EMP, will you please check out my TTT weapon suggestion?

I know it'd will be a great addition to the server

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...ion-position-swapper
  • Not a Cat
  • Fresh Boarder

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 11 months ago #895146

Not a Cat wrote:
Hey EMP, will you please check out my TTT weapon suggestion?

I know it'd will be a great addition to the server

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-is...ion-position-swapper

lmao, where did you come from?
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.

A note to ALL TTT Administrators 5 years 7 months ago #982814

BUMP.

I think the TTT staff need to take another look at this.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3800
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, BossComic23
  • Page:
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

135 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127