My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539684

• AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
Login or register to post a reply.

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539692

I read all the comments . But there is to much to reply to .
Like i said its my view how it should go.

Though let me put one thing down
If we diddnt treat the ethos as it is some of you guys might still sit out a cm ban, forum ban, or still be perm banned for something you said in game. I see many ex rulebreakers post on here. You guys have all been give. Multiple chances and every time you guys come back as a better version of yourself. That is what my aim is. Because if we were to go back on the 2k15 method half od the people on here would still be or already be permed for only half their actions
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_, Raeker

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539693

Perma ban all hackers - They ruin everyones experience.
If someones getting warned everyday and breaking the same rules ban them too.
DDOS threats should be a perma ban.

Ban everyone actually.
  • Simmy
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 85

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539706

Hello,

It's cool to see a fine and constructive debate on such an important subject. I don't know if my opinion is that good as I'm a fresh new member but ... I almost completely agree with Tyler. I understand your point of view ParaMontana. But to me it sounds like an utopia, because of this : some players are just here to ruin others' fun, break everything, offense, and so on ...

I play only TTT on server 1. And oh boy, what RDM and disrespect fiesta it is when no mods are around. First of all, why is that ? Why do you even need staff members to act like kindergarten teachers ? Why do I feel like it's always the same players who RDM, prop abuse, mic spam and shoot racism dumb stuff in chat ? Frankly I don't get it. It might be because I'm older. But come on ! Reading the rules before playing or after getting punished is THAT hard ? And if people need rules or punishments to stop pissing people off, disrepect or being racist, I might buy a one-way ticket for Mars :dry:

And lately, I believe that this kind of player is not even afraid anymore of punishments. Yesterday was a prime example of that :

The guy says the N word multiple times => a mod or admin asks him to stop (it's already nice of him to not mute already) => the guy keeps on and start being provocative => gets muted => begs to be unmuted => repeats the same shit => begs for mercy even more.

Oh doggy how it feels good to say that ! Thanks for reading !
cJazz wrote:
it's not particularly black and white but things in TTT like the limit being 2 slays regardless of the number of RDMs is pathetic - absolutely no logic to it at all

I totally agree with you. Once again, this kind of behaviour is always from the same "players".
  • Chienman
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • TTT ex-HA, still at your service
  • Thanks received: 897
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Chienman. Reason: Making it less indigest to read and reply

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539710

ParaMontana wrote:

If we diddnt treat the ethos as it is some of you guys might still sit out a cm ban, forum ban, or still be perm banned for something you said in game. I see many ex rulebreakers post on here. You guys have all been give. Multiple chances and every time you guys come back as a better version of yourself. That is what my aim is. Because if we were to go back on the 2k15 method half od the people on here would still be or already be permed for only half their actions

Could not of summed it up better,
  • luke_
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • -0121-
  • Thanks received: 1139
"R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539713

cJazz wrote:
it's not particularly black and white but things in TTT like the limit being 2 slays regardless of the number of RDMs is pathetic - absolutely no logic to it at all
There is no specific limit in slays but in which scenario would you slay someone more than 2 times?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539728

ParaMontana wrote:

Good! Thats how it should be para (I know I would be gone a long time ago) and as you said people would be banned for there actions not slapped on the wrist.

Also is there a list of the ethos I see so much talk about them but never seen them
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4057

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539742

S_T_E_W_I_E wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

Good! Thats how it should be para (I know I would be gone a long time ago) and as you said people would be banned for there actions not slapped on the wrist.

Also is there a list of the ethos I see so much talk about them but never seen them

zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...335-zarp-staff-ethos
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539753

WARNING : I've only read through half the posts before making this one, so if I am repeating stuff, don't mind me.
I'll quickly go over most of the things para has said, marking the paragrapths in colours depended if I am to agree or disagee on it, if I choose to disagree I'll provide a reason to it.

Hacking,
I get where most people are coming from, Hacking ruins the game for a lot of people, and catching them is more than often a hard job to do. However as Para said it's best to atleast give them a chance to be able to turn them off. And most people don't even know how often it is once you do confront that one hacker they will still deny it even after being shown the proof that they are indeed hacking. Which still results in a permban.

DDoS threats
DDoS Threats are 9/10 times just complete bullshit, most people don't even know how to DDoS someone. Damn they most likely don't even know what they need to be able to do it.
I'll have to agree on this point as indeed just muting someone for it is fine, and if they keep going on about it, it turns into harassment which by itself is an warnable offence.

Racism
Racism by itself is terrible, and people who are doing it on our servers shouldn't really belong on them now should they? But I have to agree that muting them will sometimes shut them up, and they won't do it again. But once they are doing it again then people would get banned, which is fine.

simple rule breaks
Or as i'd like to call it, not impacting roleplay too much. We've all seen it happen, propclimb, propblock and I can go on for ages but I'm not in the mood to do that. To keep this one simple and short, breaking these rules are more than often non-impactful to RP. Sure a RDMer can climb up using a prop to start RDMing but it doens't take long for an admin to spot him out and take him down there.

Recent warnings.
The biggest reason I'd decide to make this post, Recent warnings by themselves give admins a sign of what a user has been doing. If a user has broken like 10+ rules in the span of 2 weeks they're not improving! I myself find it both fair and justified to ban people for having over 10 recents since people are clearly not wanting to improve on their actions as proven by their actions! Once a user decides to go on a massive rulebreaking spree, RDM a bunch of people break NLR a lot, sure he would get warned for it but it surely is clear to me in that case that he won't improve. And people like that shouldn't play on our server, they can go on any other random DarkRP server with terrible admins to RDM there. Right here people want to play the game (or just AFK mine) and they should be able to do so without having people running around with 200 recents. Giving a 2nd chance is fine and we are doing so using our warning system, but having 10+ warnings is just too far.
If people simply don't have the intentions to play by the rules like most others, they should not play on the server at all. Until they're able to follow the rules like everyone else.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archick

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539766

Annasia wrote:
If people simply don't have the intentions to play by the rules like most others, they should not play on the server at all. Until they're able to follow the rules like everyone else.
  • Archick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 207

My view on some of the excessive bans 7 years 3 weeks ago #539778

I feel where you are coming from but sadly Harsheer punishments lead to less of a Rule break
  • Luan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Ex- Surf Owner
  • Thanks received: 488

EX- TS3 Staff
EX- SSRP Head Admin
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

116 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
4/127