Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!]

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 2 months ago #1087995

Edited the main post from two years ago so it is more up to date and to show this has always had immense support from the Community (<3)
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 2 months ago #1088038

Not even 200 active members anymore so I think the required amount should be lowered

Ie just give us the svu back
  • Plankton
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Overpowering Forehead
  • Thanks received: 567

Self proclaimed greatest of all time

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 2 months ago #1088141

lmao just change psg models for svu models and swap sound files as well 4head :?
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 2 months ago #1088145

Haunted_Pizza wrote:
lmao just change psg models for svu models and swap sound files as well 4head :?
didn't know changing the skin makes the svu itself good thanks for the advice
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 2 months ago #1088149

Clarky wrote:
Haunted_Pizza wrote:
didn't know changing the skin makes the svu itself good thanks for the advice
no cuz you'd use a reskinned psg to look and sound like svu, and not use the actual svu

4 h e a d
There is nothing more valuable in a difficult time than buckwheat. Granular gold, food of the gods.

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091286

Bump because i have bad aim
  • 3than
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Micky is a top lad
  • Thanks received: 21
magnum sippa, mummy rippa

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091430

Wierd... The community clearly wants this and it wont affect gameplay since its a preference thing. Sucks that Chute only works on content that will generate revenue, though this could take 5 mins.

Hopefully someone else will step up and take matter into their own hands and actually listen... ;)
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091432

Aspect wrote:
Wierd... The community clearly wants this and it wont affect gameplay since its a preference thing. Sucks that Chute only works on content that will generate revenue, though this could take 5 mins.

Hopefully someone else will step up and take matter into their own hands and actually listen... ;)

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

EDIT: I will write a proper responce to this in a bit
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by DEADMONSTOR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, .uzi

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091451

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Here it is something like this would need to be looked at with a bigger scope than most of you think. We need to try and balance everything so that you don't just always use (psg/svu)'s etc this goes the same with suits. The community as a whole has kinda been in this rut for a while with the meta and how people play the game. I want to keep it the same way as it takes some skill to play the game however I want to try and introduce different ways for people to play the game and they can try new things instead of having to use PSG/certain suits in every situation. They should all have a place and time that they should be used.

Looking on the other side of this is that the current meta is what ZARP has been like for a while and if we change something the whole server could just go "no" and all refuse to actually like the new changes. Clarky and I have been talking to people over this week to try and get a good idea of what people want in the server and see if people have the same expectations in the server as we do. I am going to try and convince Chute to do some changes on some of the core weapons however we really do need some big changes soon. We have seen the decrease in the player count and the meta has some sort of a play in that as well as other things.

We might also need someone to keep looking at this and maybe someone who is dedicated to keep changing the meta if Chute just wants to work on big updates

If you want to suggest things DEADMONSTOR#3044 or steamcommunity.com/id/deadmonstor
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by DEADMONSTOR. Reason: Spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, .uzi, Red_, 3than

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091516

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Here it is something like this would need to be looked at with a bigger scope than most of you think. We need to try and balance everything so that you don't just always use (psg/svu)'s etc this goes the same with suits. The community as a whole has kinda been in this rut for a while with the meta and how people play the game. I want to keep it the same way as it takes some skill to play the game however I want to try and introduce different ways for people to play the game and they can try new things instead of having to use PSG/certain suits in every situation. They should all have a place and time that they should be used.

Looking on the other side of this is that the current meta is what ZARP has been like for a while and if we change something the whole server could just go "no" and all refuse to actually like the new changes. Clarky and I have been talking to people over this week to try and get a good idea of what people want in the server and see if people have the same expectations in the server as we do. I am going to try and convince Chute to do some changes on some of the core weapons however we really do need some big changes soon. We have seen the decrease in the player count and the meta has some sort of a play in that as well as other things.

We might also need someone to keep looking at this and maybe someone who is dedicated to keep changing the meta if Chute just wants to work on big updates

If you want to suggest things DEADMONSTOR#3044 or steamcommunity.com/id/deadmonstor

The Svu has this nice touch to it, that makes it one of a kind and the vast majority (152 people, +90%) of the community agrees to it. The only guy I know that enjoyed roaming around with different guns was Fennster. If you'd change things up and buff the Ak for instance that feels rather awful to play with for a longer time, then I believe it will have a bad effect on the server.

It's not always what sounds the best on paper, understanding the outcome of the changes is what's important.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091517

Aspect wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Aspect wrote:

The Svu has this nice touch to it, that makes it one of a kind and the vast majority (152 people, +90%) of the community agrees to it. The only guy I know that enjoyed roaming around with different guns was Fennster. If you'd change things up and buff the Ak for instance that feels rather awful to play with for a longer time, then I believe it will have a bad effect on the server.

It's not always what sounds the best on paper, understanding the outcome of the changes is what's important.

Obviously just currently this isn't really doable with updates coming out every 3/4 months. Changing one thing could result in 3 months of people not wanting to play the server because something has been changed. We need someone to go through the meta and change things on the daily and to fix some of the issues that have been there for ages
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091530

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Aspect wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Aspect wrote:

Obviously just currently this isn't really doable with updates coming out every 3/4 months. Changing one thing could result in 3 months of people not wanting to play the server because something has been changed. We need someone to go through the meta and change things on the daily and to fix some of the issues that have been there for ages
FAMAS !

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091531

ToBeHonest wrote:
FAMAS !
Take your awful French guns somewhere else!
  • Nafe
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyber

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1091681

Nafe wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
FAMAS !
Take your awful French guns somewhere else!
:plussp:

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1098438

B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1098442

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
will sir be doing this as owner?
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1098448

Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

B) :? :ohmy:
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1098453

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Eric Ericson wrote:
DEADMONSTOR wrote:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

B) :? :ohmy:

clarky popping off tf
  • .uzi
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[SSRP] Make the SVU great again [POLL!] 5 years 1 month ago #1098471

vote yes vote yes vote yes.