Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Change the building sign rules?

Yes! 20 87%
No! 3 13%
Total number of voters: 23 ( AceInsidious, Am1og, RedPowder, Keith Cozart, NoStoppingMe ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213529

RedPowder wrote:
Umm what?

If it says "Building" on the sign it's a building sign if it says any thing else it's not. I'm not to sure how hard it is for you to define between the two but it seems simple enough for an average person. We currently have to literally spell out every aspect of how to raid because you guys can't differ what's wrong or right.

Ok this was brought up because of what happened with the guy on server 2. In my opinion the rules just needs to be stated better. What happened was that this guy spelt his sign "Building" and said he could print because the rule says "Building signs need to be in LARGE font and need to be spelt "BUILDING" , Which classifies as the sign needing to be like this "BUILDING" in all caps or in "large" print as stated in the rules. He is saying that because he didn't put it in all caps or large print he can print because the rules say it must be in LARGE print. So i totally agree with him,but he was warned for printing with a building sign, which is technically a false warn and should be removed. In my opinion the rules is fine just needs to be worded better so this doesn't become a big problem.
  • Ella A Pompeii
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP's mom has big tits
  • Thanks received: 140
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213530

What? Caps and Large font are to different things and I didn't think that was hard to understand. Caps locks just means all the letters are uppercase the rule states it needs to be a large font. So this would be wrong and this would be right.

Caps locks and Large font the same thing......
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 3318

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213541

RedPowder wrote:
What? Caps and Large font are to different things and I didn't think that was hard to understand. Caps locks just means all the letters are uppercase the rule states it needs to be a large font. So this would be wrong and this would be right.

I thought large font meant the size to be 100.
the rule confused me , and thats why i thought "BUilDINg" does not count as building sign, yet admins can understand my confusionElla wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Umm what?

If it says "Building" on the sign it's a building sign if it says any thing else it's not. I'm not to sure how hard it is for you to define between the two but it seems simple enough for an average person. We currently have to literally spell out every aspect of how to raid because you guys can't differ what's wrong or right.

Ok this was brought up because of what happened with the guy on server 2. In my opinion the rules just needs to be stated better. What happened was that this guy spelt his sign "Building" and said he could print because the rule says "Building signs need to be in LARGE font and need to be spelt "BUILDING" , Which classifies as the sign needing to be like this "BUILDING" in all caps or in "large" print as stated in the rules. He is saying that because he didn't put it in all caps or large print he can print because the rules say it must be in LARGE print. So i totally agree with him,but he was warned for printing with a building sign, which is technically a false warn and should be removed. In my opinion the rules is fine just needs to be worded better so this doesn't become a big problem.
well. even if your english isnt the best, you will still get warned because some things are not obvious as they think they are
  • EdenB
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 43
Brother Ryan wrote:
I did do 2 F1s
- Brother Ryan , 2k15

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213548

EdenB wrote:
RedPowder wrote:

I thought large font meant the size to be 100.
the rule confused me , and thats why i thought "BUilDINg" does not count as building sign, yet admins can understand my confusionElla wrote:
RedPowder wrote:
Umm what?

well. even if your english isnt the best, you will still get warned because some things are not obvious as they think they are

Again... LARGE not capitalized even if he wrote building in all lower case letters but was large enough to see it still works out.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213552

Some people say that if they change anything in their building signs, the sign is no longer valid? I do not see anywhere in the rule that says "Once you mistype/add any type of caps on your sign it is no longer considered un-raidable".

Anyone who just does this is just trying to find a loophole to be able to print without instantly getting it destroyed, the rule itself states that it must be typed building, so don't try and type anything else other than that.
  • The Hitman Jerry
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • People Die at the Fair
  • Thanks received: 491
Ex-Staff Member

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213554

RedPowder wrote:
Umm what?

Building
building
BuILdING
buildIng
buildinG
BuildinG

^ all still says building! It might look stupid but it's all the same thing and anything that doesn't have them 8 letters and in the right order isn't a building sign.

Completely agree. It is easy to see. If this is really a problem, you need to get a eye test

Former Admin on DarkRP
Former Bunny Hop Admin
Former #5 Top poster

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213589

I've made an edit to the post as people didn't seem to think this was about the usage of caps, it was not.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213688

Jesus guys. It's so simple. If It looks like an building sign - it is one.

Don't try to avoid that rule. Nice staff on darkrp I see, rule knowledge 10/10.
  • Nexize
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • I call myself Nexize but you can call me tonight
  • Thanks received: 1215
────────────────────────
My Animelist!
Steam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nutzu3650XL

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213699

Nexize wrote:

#NexizeForAdminPlz
  • JokerMan
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ayyyyyyy
  • Thanks received: 279

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213812

Nexize wrote:

Nexize this is the issue at hand, people(me included) were told that this isn't the case and that they can create signs that look like building signs that trick people. This post and poll is in favour of having anything that clearly looks like a building sign be a building sign regardless of possible spelling errors. When someone tries to tell them that they can't and they get warned for having raidable they simply argue their case and refuse to listen. It currently seems both players and staff have an issue with understanding this.
  • Legendary Soldier
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still alive bois
  • Thanks received: 1431
Former Community Manager - Current Bartender

[SSRP Suggestion] "BUILDING" sign rules 8 years 6 months ago #213892

Tyler Durden wrote:
Nexize wrote:

Nexize this is the issue at hand, people(me included) were told that this isn't the case and that they can create signs that look like building signs that trick people. This post and poll is in favour of having anything that clearly looks like a building sign be a building sign regardless of possible spelling errors. When someone tries to tell them that they can't and they get warned for having raidable they simply argue their case and refuse to listen. It currently seems both players and staff have an issue with understanding this.

That rule was made 9 months 6days ago and there wasn't ever a problem until now? Seems a little odd to me.

Anyways I made the rule so even someone with half a brain could understand it so if you're still having issues you should maybe start playing single player.
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

183 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun