Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stocks

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367680

Server Name: SSRP

Suggestion Title: stocks

How would it benefit the server: Would be a great money sinker or a good way for new players to get money! It would be a stock board that could randomly go up and down by a random amount! It would be a game of luck that could give you massive profits!

Potential Issues/Exploits: if people get lucky they could make a LOT of money

Additional notes:
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26
The topic has been locked.

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367681

this sounds good on paper but probably very bad
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it
  • Thanks received: 295

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367732

I think a system like that would only really work if it was fully player driven. The more players invest in certain stocks, the more expensive they get and so on. Every stock starts with a certain "base value". The only money getting introduced into the economy would be the "base value" of every stock since all price changes are driven by money that's already in the economy instead of introducing a "semi-random" amount of money into the economy regularly.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiana Jones

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367739

-
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4053
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Indiana Jones.

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367744

Can’t wait for the biggest gangs on the server to begin market manipulation to inflate their wallet 100x.

It feels like you don’t really know what you want, I’m seeing two suggestions from you, one which could massively increase the amount of money on the server and the other to just flat out remove it. Care to make your mind up?
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367772

Nafe wrote:
Can’t wait for the biggest gangs on the server to begin market manipulation to inflate their wallet 100x.

It feels like you don’t really know what you want, I’m seeing two suggestions from you, one which could massively increase the amount of money on the server and the other to just flat out remove it. Care to make your mind up?
How could you market manipulate if the stocks are literally random? Markus is the one who wants to have the stocks be player made.
Maybe you should read stuff before you tell me to make my mind up?
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367774

Nerdyganii wrote:
Nafe wrote:

How could you market manipulate if the stocks are literally random? Markus is the one who wants to have the stocks be player made.
i mean hes kinda right people with most money can x100 their money with only a few clicks then
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367780

bassboosted oven wrote:
Nerdyganii wrote:
Nafe wrote:

i mean hes kinda right people with most money can x100 their money with only a few clicks then
he doesn't have a point because he doesnt seem to know what market manipulation means (british moment), they would also have a chance of losing their money as well, hence the money sink
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367781

Nerdyganii wrote:
bassboosted oven wrote:
Nerdyganii wrote:
Nafe wrote:

he doesn't have a point because he doesnt seem to know what market manipulation means (british moment), they would also have a chance of losing their money as well, hence the money sink
i mean im telling you it probably sounds good on paper but isnt good and most players would probably only put like small amounts in
  • bassboosted oven
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • i cant fix it

Stocks 2 years 6 months ago #1367783

bassboosted oven wrote:
Nerdyganii wrote:
bassboosted oven wrote:
Nerdyganii wrote:
Nafe wrote:

i mean im telling you it probably sounds good on paper but isnt good and most players would probably only put like small amounts in
That could be true yeah, what if there was a minimum amount you could put in?
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Stocks 2 years 5 months ago #1367862

:support:
  • koRe Phantom
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Severe Autism
  • Thanks received: 259