Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access!

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285766

Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
narexa wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Kronen wrote:
i still think they should prioritise damage logs over chat logs

Damage logs are useless, take up memory and cause lag. It won't happen...

How exactly are they useless?

This has been over time and time again, I'm sure everyone that has been staff has heard an angry kid complain about there not being damage logs because he got shot. There is no use for them due to how much memory it would take, it's an non essential thing as it's so easy to shadow play, or whatever the AMD version of it is anyways.

Not easy when you have a bad PC.

Also damage logs don't prove that a person wasn't provoked and had an RP reason to kill someone do they?

Well everything you say may or may not happen in a sit, its not 100% sure that the person was provoked or not and the outcome is always different depending on what they say in the sit. But the damage log will always help in the end.

No it wouldn't, in the situation I have given as an example it would confuse matters. The staff team has always managed perfectly without them and will continue to do so.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 11872
The topic has been locked.

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285789

Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
narexa wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Kronen wrote:

This has been over time and time again, I'm sure everyone that has been staff has heard an angry kid complain about there not being damage logs because he got shot. There is no use for them due to how much memory it would take, it's an non essential thing as it's so easy to shadow play, or whatever the AMD version of it is anyways.

Also damage logs don't prove that a person wasn't provoked and had an RP reason to kill someone do they?

Well everything you say may or may not happen in a sit, its not 100% sure that the person was provoked or not and the outcome is always different depending on what they say in the sit. But the damage log will always help in the end.

No it wouldn't, in the situation I have given as an example it would confuse matters. The staff team has always managed perfectly without them and will continue to do so.

No, the staff team hasn't always managed to do stuff perfectly without it... That's a very big lie.

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285792

Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
narexa wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Kronen wrote:

No, the staff team hasn't always managed to do stuff perfectly without it... That's a very big lie.

Damage logs are a waste of time, you are wasting your breathe arguing for them.
  • Nafe

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285799

Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
narexa wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Kronen wrote:

I was never arguing for Damage Logs. I made a suggestion for chat logs and out of nowhere u came and talked about damage logs. Speak for yourself.

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285801

Kronen wrote:
how about they add damage logs...
I’ve seen this suggestion be asked time and time again.

You think of 20-30 people on the server; all the shooting and damages it’ll take forever to find it and even if you use the search bar. On another note; it’ll just make the server more laggy and yeah it’s fine as it is as it’s been like that for a while.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285803

Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
narexa wrote:
Al Capone is cool wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Kronen wrote:

I was never arguing for Damage Logs. I made a suggestion for chat logs and out of nowhere u came and talked about damage logs. Speak for yourself.

• Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285822

''Damage logs are useless, take up memory and cause lag. It won't happen... ''

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285825

Al Capone is cool wrote:
Bro you must be dumb...
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, schnitzel nazi

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285826

Al Capone is cool wrote:

Your reply is literally instigating an argument, if you didn't want the discussion to continue why did you give it any attention, I was simply replying to a reply that already mentioned damage logs. Where did I start the discussion? :?
  • Nafe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Micky

[Suggestion] Give Admins chat logs access! 3 years 5 months ago #1285855

Server logs are only given to people who on the CM Team due to them contacting a mass amount of information of which admins are not trusted with. This will most likely not be changed within the future of zarp!
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5653
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by OnionRings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

137 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47