Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Deathrun] DR-Revival Project

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1283743

Nick0GR wrote:
I would like to personally add that I have never been let down when trying to revive a server, I was a murder staff member for about a year give or take and when I joined it was already in a great decline. Not only that but I was the only trying even till the very end, I went as far as to start playing SSRP so I can aquire items to give away as part of events that I personally organized with little to no help from anyone else (the only thing that I didn't do myself was a way to track how many skulls users have gotten within a certain time limit that Xnator made). Not to put shame on BDnico or Wolfi (the other lead team members at the time) but they had both more or less given up by the end, BDnico focusing on deathrun and Wolfi focusing on his school work and stuff.

i am sure you had good intentions on writing this post, but what the fuck
how are you going to say that you are the only one trying? I worked fucking hard getting Head Admin on Murder, because one guy kept fucking denying me for nothing(or something), i mentally and physically drained myself, played for hours on end, day after day, week after week, so after that I didnt play as much, but I still made sure I did shit, that I didnt work my fucking ass of for nothing. I stayed on murder since its start, until its very end. Even after Xnator resigned, I was willing to spend my time learning coding.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, OxyFoxy, Nick0GR

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1283775

Wolfi wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
I would like to personally add that I have never been let down when trying to revive a server, I was a murder staff member for about a year give or take and when I joined it was already in a great decline. Not only that but I was the only trying even till the very end, I went as far as to start playing SSRP so I can aquire items to give away as part of events that I personally organized with little to no help from anyone else (the only thing that I didn't do myself was a way to track how many skulls users have gotten within a certain time limit that Xnator made). Not to put shame on BDnico or Wolfi (the other lead team members at the time) but they had both more or less given up by the end, BDnico focusing on deathrun and Wolfi focusing on his school work and stuff.

i am sure you had good intentions on writing this post, but what the fuck
how are you going to say that you are the only one trying? I worked fucking hard getting Head Admin on Murder, because one guy kept fucking denying me for nothing(or something), i mentally and physically drained myself, played for hours on end, day after day, week after week, so after that I didnt play as much, but I still made sure I did shit, that I didnt work my fucking ass of for nothing. I stayed on murder since its start, until its very end. Even after Xnator resigned, I was willing to spend my time learning coding.

• Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: RandomdudeDK, Micky, Wolfi, alexsander2k

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1283870

it would be great to see deathrun alive again
  • alexsander2k
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex-Deathrun HeadAdmin
  • Thanks received: 145

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1283872

give me ha on dr and it’s a
:support:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284334

I'll be giving this a bump since it is still very important. :heart:
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284388

Not to be a debbie downer but I just dont see it being a good use of anyone's resources or time it may get players for a few weeks or months but then will ultimately die again its not a very popular game mode anymore and clearly requires too much care and attention to keep it new and interesting.I agree that server diversity is important to keeping a community like zarp alive just feel there are better uses for the server slot. :zarp: :zarp:
  • Sup bitch
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • bum bum face
  • Thanks received: 207
I like a lot of attention! Please give me attention, daddy! uwu

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284389

ArdiEmma wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer but I just dont see it being a good use of anyone's resources or time it may get players for a few weeks or months but then will ultimately die again its not a very popular game mode anymore and clearly requires too much care and attention to keep it new and interesting.I agree that server diversity is important to keeping a community like zarp alive just feel there are better uses for the server slot. :zarp: :zarp:

Deathrun is one of the most popular gamemodes of all time in many valve games and other games the scene has died the past couple of years i'll agree but there's definitely a community for it. it might not be very big but its still a community i used to really like deathrun and i'd probably play it if it ever had any recognition again
  • Sp00ns
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 427
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick0GR

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284391

DR just isn't so popular as a gamemode like it used to be

there is potential as to reviving the server, however this will take a long time and i doubt anyone actually has the willpower to put the effort and dedication into it (example being always playing the server even when there is no players to hopefully encourage others to come on once they see digits other than 0 on the playercount)
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284393

Clarky wrote:
DR just isn't so popular as a gamemode like it used to be

there is potential as to reviving the server, however this will take a long time and i doubt anyone actually has the willpower to put the effort and dedication into it (example being always playing the server even when there is no players to hopefully encourage others to come on once they see digits other than 0 on the playercount)

holy shit what happened to deathrun
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284395

Wolfi wrote:
Even after Xnator resigned.

I never resigned from Murder :unsure: :unsure:
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by TheXnator.

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284397

TheXnator wrote:
Wolfi wrote:
Even after Xnator resigned[/b.

I never resigned from Murder :unsure: :unsure:
You resigned from all your roles and revoked a few days after!
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wolfi

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 6 months ago #1284427

I really love the idea of deathrun making a return and having the good times back. I would be willing to put effort into the server myself however, I'm worried that people would only want this server back for nostalgic purposes and then after a couple of weeks it would die down again, kinda like what happened with jailbreak.

There's a lot you could do with deathrun, I remember in the past we had plenty of ideas of new things we wanted to add to the server but none of it ever got done. Like I said I'd be willing to help put the server back into an enjoyable position and giving the server seasonal events (which is something it misses out on because the CMT have to focus on the other more popular servers) but I would like to hear what the community team thinks about the idea because they haven't been particularly vocal on this post.

I also appreciate the fact that you put the effort into making this post, love seeing people taking an interest in deathrun again.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick0GR

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1284622

Bazaraxe & Others wrote:

The goal with this post is to make it return indeed. I wouldn't personally have invested the time into helping Nick0GR writing something like this if I wasn't willing to also spent the time helping on bringing deathrun back from the brink of extinction. Yes, it may be true that the gamemode has lost a lot of interest since months if not years ago, however, there's still potential for it not only to survive but to thrive if anything we can put in the effort to try and make ZARP's DR server one of the best.
(Yes that'll be a huge task and it'll take a huge amount of time but as said before there are people dedicated enough to be willing to give it a try regardless.)

The Community Team indeed has its own focus, TTT and SSRP are the most major servers that the community currently has to offer which warrants the Community Team's attention, however, that's all the more reason to instate someone who is willing to take up the charge and lead the server forward so that, even though the community team has put their focus elsewhere the server still gets the attention and updates it needs in order to get that player count up from zero.

I feel that Deathrun still has the potential to be a good addition to ZARP's servers and that it'll serve to keep the community diverse and active. Any amount of players is better than a constant zero. And even if despite all our efforts we fail to bring the server back, at least we can say that we tried.

Regardless I do wanna thank everyone who left their thoughts on it, every bit, whether it is negative or positive (though not the unconstructive ones) is important. The goals of this project will take a long time to become real and there are a lot of obstacles in our way but it is still something that regardless all the hurdles to come at least I am willing to undertake, and based on especially Bazaraxe's replies I'm not the only one that's willing to give it a shot.

We cannot guarantee success, but the least we can do is ask for a chance to makes sure that years of effort from dozens of people does not end up going to waste in the event the server breathes its final breath and gets shut down.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe, Nick0GR

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1284681

Kemi wrote:
Bazaraxe & Others wrote:

The goal with this post is to make it return indeed. I wouldn't personally have invested the time into helping Nick0GR writing something like this if I wasn't willing to also spent the time helping on bringing deathrun back from the brink of extinction. Yes, it may be true that the gamemode has lost a lot of interest since months if not years ago, however, there's still potential for it not only to survive but to thrive if anything we can put in the effort to try and make ZARP's DR server one of the best.
(Yes that'll be a huge task and it'll take a huge amount of time but as said before there are people dedicated enough to be willing to give it a try regardless.)

The Community Team indeed has its own focus, TTT and SSRP are the most major servers that the community currently has to offer which warrants the Community Team's attention, however, that's all the more reason to instate someone who is willing to take up the charge and lead the server forward so that, even though the community team has put their focus elsewhere the server still gets the attention and updates it needs in order to get that player count up from zero.

I feel that Deathrun still has the potential to be a good addition to ZARP's servers and that it'll serve to keep the community diverse and active. Any amount of players is better than a constant zero. And even if despite all our efforts we fail to bring the server back, at least we can say that we tried.

Regardless I do wanna thank everyone who left their thoughts on it, every bit, whether it is negative or positive (though not the unconstructive ones) is important. The goals of this project will take a long time to become real and there are a lot of obstacles in our way but it is still something that regardless all the hurdles to come at least I am willing to undertake, and based on especially Bazaraxe's replies I'm not the only one that's willing to give it a shot.

We cannot guarantee success, but the least we can do is ask for a chance to makes sure that years of effort from dozens of people does not end up going to waste in the event the server breathes its final breath and gets shut down.

I fully agree that at least trying to bring the server back is always going to be better than leaving it in the position it is in now.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kemi

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1284683

alexsander2k wrote:
it would be great to see deathrun alive again
:support:
  • JJ121314
  • Junior Boarder
  • Ex-Deathrun Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 82

Click on my signature to visit my Steam Profile!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexsander2k

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1286473

Bazaraxe wrote:
I fully agree that at least trying to bring the server back is always going to be better than leaving it in the position it is in now.
Let us get a move on already! Bump!
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1287306

3 days later no move was made yet : (
Welp, no need to give up yet!

bump

We're as always still looking for feedback! And obviously, we are looking to actually get the go-ahead.
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1291148

deathrun bhoppers ruin it
  • Anonymized359739
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 388

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1291154

rroobbiinn10xx wrote:
I would definitley love to see the deathrun server getting revived. However, when i used to be staff. There was always the same playerbase without newer players.
The main reason starters did not stick around was the other people being to good at bhopping.

But if the revival plan does succeed. You have my +1 playercount

:plussp:
This, at max there would be 2 new players playing for 2 weeks max
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

[Deathrun] DR-Revival Project 3 years 5 months ago #1291163

how about we just call everyone onto the dr server and ditch the other servers for like a day or two idk
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds