Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do you want to see this?

• Page:

TOPIC: [Community] New Server

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229778

FP was semi serious, regardless of whatever the server name was. Its how we played, and I'm sure either Reegz or Sally will vouch for that. Not exactly sure where you guys are getting this idea from. Furthermore, I see zero correlation with this and what Jordan is suggesting considering he's asking for a specific type of roleplay.. There are a variety of successful RP servers in this regard, and you're being disingenuous if you deny that.

Also, how is there any any harm in leaving this up for consideration?
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 45
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jochs.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SoraJS

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229801

Can't tell if you're all trolling or trying to be cool with the "FP" meme but FP was never serious RP. It was called serious RP but was never "serious" RP. You could base as cop you could do a bunch of things that was no where near "serious" RP. The ONLY serious RP FP ever had was the HL2RP server. Zarp has more "serious" RP rules than FP had so saying the whole dumb FP serious RP meme isn't even a valid argument for saying no to this. If you've never played FP back when the player base was active don't even talk about it as a reasoning for anything it just makes you look dumb. If you actually wanted an RP server for Zarp just make an HL2 server with the updated HL2 game mode.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229807

Studio Banter wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
Martin wrote:
No (Just play FP 4head)
Thank you for being constructive, however FP is completely dead there is no point being alone in a dead server.

it's not dead if it didn't die :fp:
You can't kill whats dead!
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229811

Thanks everyone for there feedback & Opinion;

Just what others have said FP has never been a serious roleplay server. I cant speak on behalf of everyone else but Myself and a few will want to actually roleplay serious and a roleplay server where they're no flying suits or anything in that matter.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jochs

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229838

Jordz wrote:

Just what others have said FP has never been a serious roleplay server. I cant speak on behalf of everyone else but Myself and a few will want to actually roleplay serious and a roleplay server where they're no flying suits or anything in that matter.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. I just don't think it's fair to dismiss this as merely another Dark RP server but with tighter rules on some very minimal RP instances that hardly occurred to begin with, even when the gamemode was in its infancy. I think this should be taken as a request for something that is more or less a getaway from a game-play experience where many newcomers often see as extremely intimidating and often times frustrating because of what you sometimes have to do in order to properly assimilate in a setting such as ZARP's.

Keep in mind, I in fact have not spent an adequate amount on the current ZARP Dark RP servers as they are now to base my opinions on such, and if you want to call me out on that, then go for it; however, I genuinely believe I'm not exactly out of left field with this as I am in fact basing most of this off of correspondence I've had with a variety of players in the community, including both newcomers and avid enthusiasts alike as well as from what I've seen with Reegz's stream.

Just to reiterate, I don't think it warrants criticism to suggest that the lead team ought to spend a hour or two compromising a proof of concept of something they genuinely think would work. Isn't that in essence part of what their job is? Perhaps they come out with something that is met with disdain.. fair enough, go back to the drawing board and elaborate on something else. You can't deny that the anticipation of seeing what Chute and EMP brings out for the next update is often overwhelming.. Is it fair for one to dismiss those who share that same excitement as well just because they see it a little differently from time to time?
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 45
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jochs.

[Community] New Server 3 years 11 months ago #1229840

Jochs wrote:
Jordz wrote:

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. I just don't think it's fair to dismiss this as merely another Dark RP server but with tighter rules on some very minimal RP instances that hardly occurred to begin with, even when the gamemode was in its infancy. I think this should be taken as a request for something that is more or less a getaway from a game-play experience where many newcomers often see as extremely intimidating and often times frustrating because of what you sometimes have to do in order to properly assimilate in a setting such as ZARP's.

Keep in mind, I in fact have not spent an adequate amount on the current ZARP Dark RP servers as they are now to base my opinions on such, and if you want to call me out on that, then go for it; however, I genuinely believe I'm not exactly out of left field with this as I am in fact basing most of this off of correspondence I've had with a variety of players in the community, including both newcomers and avid enthusiasts alike as well as from what I've seen with Reegz's stream.

Just to reiterate, I don't think it warrants criticism to suggest that the lead team ought to spend a hour or two compromising a proof of concept of something they genuinely think would work. Isn't that in essence part of what their job is? Perhaps they come out with something that is met with disdain.. fair enough, go back to the drawing board and elaborate on something else. You can't deny that the anticipation of seeing what Chute and EMP brings out for the next update is often overwhelming.. Is it fair for one to dismiss those who share that same excitement as well just because they see it a little differently from time to time?
Preach it brother!
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1229934

I enjoy seriousrp, Like PERP,PoliceRP style

FP isnt seriousrp. Its just Darkrp with 1 or 2 extra steps

:plussp:
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Nate.

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1230257

Serious RP in ZARP will never work, tbf FP isn't even serious RP if it's also got tguns and nukes (suppose it's more balanced however). I'd rather not see this and want the devs to rather focus on the current SSRP server.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1230282

Clarky wrote:
Serious RP in ZARP will never work, tbf FP isn't even serious RP if it's also got tguns and nukes (suppose it's more balanced however). I'd rather not see this and want the devs to rather focus on the current SSRP server.

I am aware of the people that are saying "developers need to focous on the main server", I agree however they're no need to launch this like 1 week away. It's just to suggest it to the coummnity to see what they think. To your ZARP will never work with serious RP. I think differently, It's not the server that roleplays it's the players and I know a few that would actually join and play and actually have fun out of roleplay instead of playing Harry Potter in a SSRP server.
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1230383

TheXnator wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
Martin wrote:
No (Just play FP 4head)
Thank you for being constructive, however FP is completely dead there is no point being alone in a dead server.

If people wanted Serious RP maybe they'd play on FP and it wouldn't have a low playercount!
These are the kind of high iq statements we love to see from a community owner
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1230387

Shark wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
ToBeHonest wrote:
Martin wrote:
No (Just play FP 4head)

If people wanted Serious RP maybe they'd play on FP and it wouldn't have a low playercount!
These are the kind of high iq statements we love to see from a community owner

yep just big brain
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark

[Community] New Server 3 years 10 months ago #1238960

:blush:
  • Jordz