Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions re do

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180069

1, Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Medi guns for the medics, different guns with advantages and disadvantages
How would it benefit the server:
Would make medic an actually useful job and give more of a dynamic with gangsters/police and medics.
What I was thinking was like this. Each medic would, when they press F4 and go into buy, could buy a medi gun. In tf2 there are a lot of different ones. Kritzkreig, stock, etc. It would probably best to just have a stock medi gun. It would shoot out a beam, like a laser, that when connected with a player, would heal them. This laser cannot go through walls however it can go around corners. This last part might be overpowered but I thought I might as well add this since it has to do with the game. Uber charge, if you heal someone for a certain period of time (usually theres an uber meter on the bottom right) you could make an ally go uber. For around 10 seconds they would be invurnarable and do more attack damage. You are still able to kill the medic though. I believe this medic would also have a syringe gun or melee, like the stock syringe gun, blutsauger, crusaders crossbow, etc that would attack enemies with a slightly below average DPS. I think if this idea is put in, medics should not be allowed to wear suits, at least not if we have the uber charge idea in. (model for weapon here, don't know about any with the uber charge idea though)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...33637&searchtext=tf2
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...75624&searchtext=tf2
You could even utilize some of the other weapons in those mods, like the eyelander.
Potential Issues/Exploits:
None
Additional notes:

2. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Horde day., replace with sales day, on this day if you participate you will be put in an arena with NPCS/SNPCS and players alike, each 20 enemies you kill will give you loot
Would make people active on the day that sales day is
Farming of other players
Additional notes:

3. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Only give event dailies on event day
Would make dalies easier since nobody does any events except for on arena event day
None
Additional notes:

4. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
An alien suit, a lot like the Zetans from Fallout steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...074&searchtext=alien
More costumes
none
Additional notes:

5. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Cosmetics with a hat NPC and/or hat cases, different rarity hats
More money being spent, thousands of ideas for different cosmetics, and make every person unique
Having two of the same hat, maybe you could have a different hat of that same rarity
Additional notes:

6. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Dynamite, it would bounce for a little, have a longer timer for explosion, but do a lot more damage
better options than the orange core and emp
None
Additional notes:

7. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Powder farmers, each explosive weapon would need a certain amount of gunpowder that you could get from a chemistry station, maybe if you want to make it even harder you will have to mine sulfur and charcoal as well. Maybe have a whole new job for it
Make mining harder for the people who dont like people afk mining

Additional notes:

8. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Have a predator and/or xenomorph suit
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...725&searchtext=alien
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...820&searchtext=alien
Wouldnt help or hurt it.

Additional notes:

9. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
DVA mech, it would be a suit that utilizes the DVA mech mod: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...74995&searchtext=dva
I suggest you test out the mod for yourself. When you get in a server it should be in the entities tab.
It has a shield that protects a certain amount of damage before it breaks. Two guns on each side that do minimal damage. A jet charge that you can either do a swift getaway with, or smash into your enemies for good damage. It has a lot of health and when the suit breaks you get launched out of it,

More suits I suppose
More suits could cause problems
Additional notes:

10. Server Name:
All
Suggestion Title:
Get rid of airdrops, or at least make it more available to everyone
All the airdrop is is a way of the two guys who havent slept in days to practically raid a server for 4 minutes, get a case to add to their net worth of 40b dollars, and then leave again. If we want to fix the economy, this has to go
Some people would be angry they couldnt get their 20th skull case
Additional notes:

Re-done with less ideas but more formatting since the admins said I should
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 26
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Nerdyganii.
Login or register to post a reply.

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180070

looks like good suggestions :blink:
  • Jesus Cry
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ✡Jewish Mafia✡
  • Thanks received: 168

SSRP-Admin

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180071

Jesus Cry wrote:
looks like good suggestions :blink:
Really? Like youre not being sarcastic?
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180076

Huperchild wrote:
1. A TF2 Zarp server thread is already up
2. idk i dont like it
3. I really like this one
4. no
5. no
6. enough explosives
7. wtf is that
8. no
9. no
10. no, mining isnt supposed to be an easy way to get money and AFK mining isn't an intended feature, it's just a trick/shortcut players made

Huper, for #10, how many times have you afk printed
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180079

some nice suggestions
  • Sron
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 150

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180101

Huperchild wrote:
Nerdyganii wrote:
Huperchild wrote:
1. A TF2 Zarp server thread is already up
2. idk i dont like it
3. I really like this one
4. no
5. no
6. enough explosives
7. wtf is that
8. no
9. no
10. no, mining isnt supposed to be an easy way to get money and AFK mining isn't an intended feature, it's just a trick/shortcut players made

Huper, for #10, how many times have you afk printed
Many times. How many times did you get raided while AFK printing?
Comes with a risk, just like mining, because there is not supposed to be a way of constant AFK income with no risks.
no no i was talking about your intended feature, didnt think those were an intended feature either. And it's different, when you raid someones base you get money and gang loot. When you do that to a miner you're intentionally doing it to be a cunt
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180106

1. Mind elaborating this idea a bit further?
  2. It doesn't seem much fun if you are asking me.
  3. The current "Daily System" is quite good as it is, I see no need of making changes/additions to it.
  4. Sure, I'd say we lack some cosmetic suits, but do you have a Workshop link to this "Alien Suit"?
  5. No opinion on this, at least not until you go a bit further into the topic at hand.
  6. So, pretty much the same thing as the EMP and Orange Core grenade, but stronger? Don't see it necessary.
  7. This would require changing the current crafting system significantly as well as implementing a lot of new stuff, such as a "Chemistry Station", Sulfur/Charcoal in mines, etc.
  8. I assume a similar idea to suggestion no. 4? This could be a Halloween-only suit maybe?
  9. Sorry but, what...?
  10. No, completely unnecessary and stupid. Letting miners mine without consequences whilst making a huge profit and inflating the economy seems like a completely awful idea.

Sorry to say but most of these suggestions seem bad, they either don't fit into the community or are just completely unnecessary.
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Mr. Richard.

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180114

The suit ones admins the last one are the main ones which I think stand out as stupid, you want the devs to copy something from another game that has no association with gmod, sorry I don’t get the point and it just seems stupid. And letting miners earn loads of money with no negative is stupid, your analogy towards printing is also flawed, as anyone can raid you, and you require a hit to be killed whilst mining.
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180675

Kyber wrote:
The suit ones admins the last one are the main ones which I think stand out as stupid, you want the devs to copy something from another game that has no association with gmod, sorry I don’t get the point and it just seems stupid. And letting miners earn loads of money with no negative is stupid, your analogy towards printing is also flawed, as anyone can raid you, and you require a hit to be killed whilst mining.
Well there are a lot of suits zarp has that doesnt have to do with gmod.
Like the demon suit being from a batman comic
Or the juggernaut being from star craft
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180680

Mr. Richard wrote:
  1. Mind elaborating this idea a bit further?
  2. It doesn't seem much fun if you are asking me.
  3. The current "Daily System" is quite good as it is, I see no need of making changes/additions to it.
  4. Sure, I'd say we lack some cosmetic suits, but do you have a Workshop link to this "Alien Suit"?
  5. No opinion on this, at least not until you go a bit further into the topic at hand.
  6. So, pretty much the same thing as the EMP and Orange Core grenade, but stronger? Don't see it necessary.
  7. This would require changing the current crafting system significantly as well as implementing a lot of new stuff, such as a "Chemistry Station", Sulfur/Charcoal in mines, etc.
  8. I assume a similar idea to suggestion no. 4? This could be a Halloween-only suit maybe?
  9. Sorry but, what...?
  10. No, completely unnecessary and stupid. Letting miners mine without consequences whilst making a huge profit and inflating the economy seems like a completely awful idea.

Sorry to say but most of these suggestions seem bad, they either don't fit into the community or are just completely unnecessary.

1. 1. What I was thinking was like this. Each medic would, when they press F4 and go into buy, could buy a medi gun. In tf2 there are a lot of different ones. Kritzkreig, stock, etc. It would probably best to just have a stock medi gun. It would shoot out a beam, like a laser, that when connected with a player, would heal them. This laser cannot go through walls however it can go around corners. This last part might be overpowered but I thought I might as well add this since it has to do with the game. Uber charge, if you heal someone for a certain period of time (usually theres an uber meter on the bottom right) you could make an ally go uber. For around 10 seconds they would be invurnarable and do more attack damage. You are still able to kill the medic though. I believe this medic would also have a syringe gun or melee, like the stock syringe gun, blutsauger, crusaders crossbow, etc that would attack enemies with a slightly below average DPS. I think if this idea is put in, medics should not be allowed to wear suits, at least not if we have the uber charge idea in. (model for weapon here, don't know about any with the uber charge idea though) steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...33637&searchtext=tf2
And for the syringe guns: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...75624&searchtext=tf2
You could even utilize some of the other weapons in those mods, like the eyelander.

4. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...074&searchtext=alien

5. I don't understand what you mean by this. I can try to ellaborate more.
This Hat NPC would give out hats, shirts, glasses, and more. A lot of other servers have it and I think it would be a good addition to the server.

8. I would like that idea, but i meant like an actual suit instead of a cosmetic
Links here: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...725&searchtext=alien
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...820&searchtext=alien

9. I suggest you test out the mod for yourself. When you get in a server it should be in the entities tab.
It has a shield that protects a certain amount of damage before it breaks. Two guns on each side that do minimal damage. A jet charge that you can either do a swift getaway with, or smash into your enemies for good damage. It has a lot of health and when the suit breaks you get launched out of it,

As well I saw this model the other day and I wanted to share it, maybe it could be used for something?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...892&searchtext=alien
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1180991

bump time, massively edited
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1181022

1. Medigun is not a good idea in a matter of RP or a fighting situation. Either you use medic's services or you just buy HP/Armor Chargers. If you want to enjoy medigun, then launch TF2 and play some casual games ;)

2. Could be an extra event, but somehow it doesn't speak to me.

3. Daily quests are good as they are, if you cannot complete on of three, then you can just force one of them.

4. Could be used in future updates.

5. Just remember, the more content you have to download while joining the server, the more people will not decide to enter it. And TF2 is a hat simulator, so I guess it is not needed here.

6. Nice idea, but it would requirq modelling and scripting, unless there is some sort of SWEP around.

7. I think such thing would drastically increase complexity of gameplay, not sure if it would do more good.

8. Nah, not really

9. Same as fourth point and eight at once.

10. Airdrops are as good as it is in my opinion.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by GregoryTWIX.

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1181180

GregoryTWIX wrote:
1. Medigun is not a good idea in a matter of RP or a fighting situation. Either you use medic's services or you just buy HP/Armor Chargers. If you want to enjoy medigun, then launch TF2 and play some casual games ;)

2. Could be an extra event, but somehow it doesn't speak to me.

3. Daily quests are good as they are, if you cannot complete on of three, then you can just force one of them.

4. Could be used in future updates.

5. Just remember, the more content you have to download while joining the server, the more people will not decide to enter it. And TF2 is a hat simulator, so I guess it is not needed here.

6. Nice idea, but it would requirq modelling and scripting, unless there is some sort of SWEP around.

7. I think such thing would drastically increase complexity of gameplay, not sure if it would do more good.

8. Nah, not really

9. Same as fourth point and eight at once.

10. Airdrops are as good as it is in my opinion.
Ok! Thanks for the feedback
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1181191

:support:

on the medi gun!
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1181216

HiRo_ wrote:

on the medi gun!
Thank you, that’s one of my favorites on the list
Provides easy healing and makes one of the most useless jobs in the game (other than hotel manager) actually useful
  • Nerdyganii
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Suggestions re do 4 years 4 months ago #1181268

Huperchild wrote:
HiRo_ wrote:

on the medi gun!
Right here
no no no