Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ssrp suggestion

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163463

spicydoggo wrote:
.Matt wrote:
you still play?
MATT

yeah it took a bit to guess my username/password I haven't been on in so long.
  • .Matt
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 103
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .Matt.
The topic has been locked.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163480

Everyone hates sudden changes like this initially. It's not fair to request a revert immediately after the update was released. At least take some time to get used to the new font and try to evalute it objectively before suggesting it to be reverted.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1876
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Martin.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163482

MartinGaming wrote:
Everyone hates sudden changes like this initially. It's not fair to request a revert immediately after the update was released. At least take some time to get used to the new font and try to evalute it objectively before suggesting it to be reverted.
Or add the option to choose
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
  • Thanks received: 1226
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163484

Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Is that really a thing that ZARP needs tho?
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163492

Clarky wrote:
i like it

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163494

MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

Your suggestion also does not benefit the overall user interface design on ZARP. One of the basic principles in user interface design is consistency. Certain ui elements such as colors, proportions and font should remain consistent for all users, especially in game design. Allowing users to pick from a set of vastly different fonts makes our server less recognizable and less distinguishable. Additionally it makes the user interface less intuitive and more confusing. Offering only one font style is generally a better idea.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Martin.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163505

MartinGaming wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

Your suggestion also does not benefit the overall user interface design on ZARP. One of the basic principles in user interface design is consistency. Certain ui elements such as colors, proportions and font should remain consistent for all users, especially in game design. Allowing users to pick from a set of vastly different fonts makes our server less recognizable and less distinguishable. Additionally it makes the user interface less intuitive and more confusing. Offering only one font style is generally a better idea.
Sorry forgot in a month it's back to 4 people avg
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв
Most people are searching for happiness. They’re looking for it. They’re trying to find it in someone or something outside of themselves. That’s a fundamental mistake. Happiness is something that you are, and it comes from the way you think.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 7 months ago #1163513

MartinGaming wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

According to clarky you are allowed and able to change your font client side, this would defeat your argument as it would stop it being consistent, much like weapon skins or overlays.
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163534

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

According to clarky you are allowed and able to change your font client side, this would defeat your argument as it would stop it being consistent, much like weapon skins or overlays.

Locally editing your game / addon files to change certain ui elements has nothing to do with consistency on a serve-wide level. By changing the style of ui elements locally you are forcefully overwriting our user interface design and therefore it sort of becomes your version of our user interface design and at this point, we have limited to no control over it, which in turn means that we are not able to assure consistency anymore.

To clarify, you have to differenciate between server-wide and local ui design. We have full control over the server-wide ui design and therefore can control its consistency. However we only have partial control over the local ui design so we can only partially control its consistency.

You changing the font on your client is clearly part of the local ui design and therefore doesen't have anything to do with the consistency of our server-wide ui design. If we were to add the option to choose your font, it would be part of the server-wide ui design and would be a possible consistency "problem" for us.

Obviously this is just my own opinion on the matter. I don't have any say in any matters regarding the user interface design on the ZARP servers, but it is based on my own IRL experiences so far.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Martin.

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163558

GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
The new font hurts my eyes to look at. So I would actually need it if I were to play again
fuck me a different font stops you from playing? I tHoUgHt YoU qUiT aLrEaDy?
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9542

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163594

GreenZapperZ wrote:
Clarky wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
The new font hurts my eyes to look at. So I would actually need it if I were to play again
If I were to actually play ZARP ever again, yes, that would be stopping me. And yes, I did quit and won't be playing again. I'm just giving my opinion.

Just leave already everyone is sick of asking
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163743

GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Clarky wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
If I were to actually play ZARP ever again, yes, that would be stopping me. And yes, I did quit and won't be playing again. I'm just giving my opinion.

My bye-bye post was in the DarkRP section, indicating I was leaving the SSRP servers. I'm still gonna hang around general, suggestions, and other sections.

Please just leave completely
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163751

GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Clarky wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

My bye-bye post was in the DarkRP section, indicating I was leaving the SSRP servers. I'm still gonna hang around general, suggestions, and other sections.

I will eventually. Not just gonna leave because people tell me to. Some posts are quite interesting to read and reply to.

It must be an enjoyable life reading people none stop tell you to leave or quit I can't relate but just leave to stop it
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163763

A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Clarky wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

I will eventually. Not just gonna leave because people tell me to. Some posts are quite interesting to read and reply to.

It must be an enjoyable life reading people none stop tell you to leave or quit I can't relate but just leave to stop it

Please stay on topic.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163865

MartinGaming wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
Clarky wrote:
GreenZapperZ wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:
Dovah wrote:
MartinGaming wrote:

Please stay on topic.

rob has my full permission to go off topic
  • illegalimmigrant
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • dont worry im hilarious
  • Thanks received: 526
The following user(s) said Thank You: A Good Pianist

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163905

Lumi wrote:
illegalimmigrant wrote:
Lumi wrote:
No.

this is not constructive can we PLEASE cut the attitude @richard fix this man

Excuse me? I'm pretty sure i just stated my opinion here, no need to get angry my friend!
i think its because our pfps
  • maybedovahkitty
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Бог мертв

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163924

Yes
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1163925

Richard Pinewood wrote:
I think we just got used to the old font, that's why this one looks weird to people, but after playing for a while You'll realize it's somewhat better.
Its completely subjective whether you think its somewhat better or not, regardless of how much you play with it. I don't see the harm in reverting the change tbh.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: illegalimmigrant

ssrp suggestion 4 years 6 months ago #1164180

this needs bumped