Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SSRP Suggestion] Don't allow teaming in events

[SSRP Suggestion] Don't allow teaming in events 5 years 4 months ago #1123947

.uzi wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
I really don't see an easy way for this to be enforced. Sure, it is a real pain in the ass when people team up to win these events that are supposed to be solo but how are we supposed to enforce a rule that prohibits something we are probably never going to be able to prove?

We can't warn people on hunches or "I think these guys are teaming", so many false punishments would be handed out.

I don't really think that's a good excuse to not enforce a rule like this though, because so so so many people blatantly team and there's no two ways about it, yeah maybe some cases would be a misunderstanding but I feel like that applies to a lot of other rules we currently enforce.

It is a good excuse because we shouldn't be punishing people unless we can back up our claims with evidence. How is it fair to be punishing people on a hunch or "blatant" teaming when there is almost no easy way to prove it?

For example, Vego's idea is good in premise, but what do you do when people team in a private discord/skype/teamspeak? It could have just been coincidence that X, Y or Z had occurred which made Player A and B look like they were teaming.

I'm telling you bud, adding this rule would be a bad idea.

I see what you mean but I do think something should be done about teaming as it's just completely unfair on everyone else and yeah maybe what Vego said could be good as obviously they could keep teaming through voice or screenshare but it would make it a lot harder imo.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4844
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Suggestion] Don't allow teaming in events 5 years 4 months ago #1123948

.uzi wrote:
Narexa wrote:
.uzi wrote:
I really don't see an easy way for this to be enforced. Sure, it is a real pain in the ass when people team up to win these events that are supposed to be solo but how are we supposed to enforce a rule that prohibits something we are probably never going to be able to prove?

We can't warn people on hunches or "I think these guys are teaming", so many false punishments would be handed out.

I don't really think that's a good excuse to not enforce a rule like this though, because so so so many people blatantly team and there's no two ways about it, yeah maybe some cases would be a misunderstanding but I feel like that applies to a lot of other rules we currently enforce.

It is a good excuse because we shouldn't be punishing people unless we can back up our claims with evidence. How is it fair to be punishing people on a hunch or "blatant" teaming when there is almost no easy way to prove it?

For example, Vego's idea is good in premise, but what do you do when people team in a private discord/skype/teamspeak? It could have just been coincidence that X, Y or Z had occurred which made Player A and B look like they were teaming.

I'm telling you bud, adding this rule would be a bad idea.
This is in a King of the hill event, A and B are both banker and the only bankers in the server. Player A in in the hill and player B is shooting everyone that is outside the hill
  • Muha
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • In the Hood
  • Thanks received: 877

[SSRP Suggestion] Don't allow teaming in events 5 years 4 months ago #1126249

I'm going to suggest a rule in the next meeting and see what the rest of the lead team thinks of it. Here's the draft I have so far:
1.12 Teaming in Events - do not work with other players in events to gain an unfair advantage. You may join events that your friends are participating in however, you should not intentionally avoid killing them or otherwise act in a way to give them an unfair advantage over others.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2443
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .uzi.

[SSRP Suggestion] Don't allow teaming in events 5 years 4 months ago #1127367

After discussing this in the LTM, We have decided to deny it!

#Denied
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5446
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Mr. Richard.
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

303 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop