Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904600

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
This would make at least one, if not two or more other T weapons completely obsolete. I would really like to see more variety in the weapons, but I don't think this weapon is the right way to go.
Make it really loud and only have 3 bullets, the poison dart is still a more silent option, the m98b is still a better option if you will need ammo.

really loud honestly makes no difference. Sound is not that big of a factor, I can kill someone point blank in a group of 5 people with a shotgun, and if I switch my weapons fast enough, no one will know its me. It works like that almost every time.

That's with a shotgun, around many people.

Now imagine alone. In a tower or water. let alone disguised. one shot, switch weapons or go down so no one can see you. done deal.

3 bullets to kill 3 people effortlessly is big. too big of a change from what we have right now
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904612

Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
This would make at least one, if not two or more other T weapons completely obsolete. I would really like to see more variety in the weapons, but I don't think this weapon is the right way to go.
Make it really loud and only have 3 bullets, the poison dart is still a more silent option, the m98b is still a better option if you will need ammo.
The poison rifle doesn't see a lot of use to begin with, if we bring in a weapon with the exact same amount of ammo and make it a 1 hit to the body no one would ever use the poison rifle again. Why would a buy a gun that can bring 3 people down to 10hp from a body shot when i can buy a gun that can kill 3 people with a body shot. Sure poison can be effective because it can cause confusion for newer players, is quiet and has the same skin as a normal sniper making it hard to spot. But players on this server don't play with strategy in mind, given the choice they and any normal person would chose an AWP over the poison rifle. Its so much more satisfying to kill people then nearly kill them.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904623

Miia wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
Raeker wrote:
The poison rifle doesn't see a lot of use to begin with, if we bring in a weapon with the exact same amount of ammo and make it a 1 hit to the body no one would ever use the poison rifle again. Why would a buy a gun that can bring 3 people down to 10hp from a body shot when i can buy a gun that can kill 3 people with a body shot. Sure poison can be effective because it can cause confusion for newer players, is quiet and has the same skin as a normal sniper making it hard to spot. But players on this server don't play with strategy in mind, given the choice they and any normal person would chose an AWP over the poison rifle. Its so much more satisfying to kill people then nearly kill them.

than nearly to nearly kill them***
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904637

Currently I feel this is not needed, As others have said it already i am not going to repeat it.

A better idea would be to fix the current weapons we have before adding new stuff. For example the knife not being a one shot at times.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by DrConor.

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904643

you know what. I would suggest some investment in a proper search for capable server developers, who actually have time to handle suggestions and are able to maintain the server properly, providing the server with interesting updates so now and then.

I believe development could alternatively be shifted partly to the LT-members as the CM team has other servers to look after as well. It should be doable in the least, I mean we're not dealing with rocket science here, are we?
  • Gurren Lagan
  • Senior Boarder
  • walking like an Egyptian
  • Thanks received: 201

Feel free to add me on steam :) : steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122672058/
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gurren Lagan.

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904644

Drconor wrote:
Currently I feel this is not needed, As others have said it already i am not going to repeat it.

A better idea would be to fix the current weapons we have before adding new stuff. For example the knife not being a one shot at times.
The knife deals 50 damage per hit, meaning it takes 2 hits to kill someone. Im sure this is not a bug. The bug is with knife that it ignores karma, it deals 50 damage no matter how low karma is, but im not sure if this is intended or not.
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904646

Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

The knife deals 50 damage per hit, meaning it takes 2 hits to kill someone. Im sure this is not a bug. The bug is with knife that it ignores karma, it deals 50 damage no matter how low karma is, but im not sure if this is intended or not.

The problem with the knife is when you look at someone right next to you it clearly says it will insta kill, But when you use it you are sadly disappointed.

I dont think its a bug, I just think its just underpowered.
  • DrConor
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 339
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by DrConor.

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904660

Drconor wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

The problem with the knife is when you look at someone right next to you it clearly says it will insta kill, But when you use it you are sadly disappointed.

The knife is supposed to be one shot on people that are ‘wounded’, it’s not a bug
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by eddie..

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904663

_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

The knife is supposed to be one shot on people that are ‘wounded’
I don't think you know what one shot means. To be honest if you are using a weapon that you have to be that close to the victim with and leaves DNA on the corpse for a long time and when the killer is known to be a traitor, it should at least be a 1 hit kill.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Miia.

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904670

Miia wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

I don't think you know what one shot means
Yes I do, I’m saying that it’s instant kill when they are wounded, which is 50 or below health I believe. I’ve seen the knife on other servers and it usually says ‘instant kill on wounded’ when you hover over people, the issue with it on ZARP is it always says instant kill no matter what health they are on
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904841

_Eddie_ wrote:
Miia wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

Yes I do, I’m saying that it’s instant kill when they are wounded, which is 50 or below health I believe. I’ve seen the knife on other servers and it usually says ‘instant kill on wounded’ when you hover over people, the issue with it on ZARP is it always says instant kill no matter what health they are on

no its not? what server are you playing

[TTT] Silent AWP Suggestion 6 years 5 months ago #904843

Svanzscape wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Miia wrote:
_Eddie_ wrote:
Drconor wrote:
Smojea. wrote:
Drconor wrote:

no its not? what server are you playing
It's different on every server, some servers have it so it is one shot but can only be used once whereas others have it so it is multiple hits but can be reused
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!