STEAM_0:1:83999356

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Dezmond/play.zarpgaming.com:27035/

Estimated Server Time:
237 hours on Deathrun

Languages I speak:
English and a bit of German

Question Time
How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I feel that I have a lot of experience being staff as I have had 2 terms of being admin on Deathrun and I have been admin on SSRP before. Within this time, I have done several things which I think allow me to stand out. The first would be I have helped improve the server by suggesting fixes and helping create concept ideas to add to the server. This in turn is to create a more enjoyable and competitive experience. Another is that I have helped to train and have also helped the lead team with abusive staff members.I have helped the staff team train both moderators and admns. I feel like by being staff on 2 servers has helped balance my decision making in punishments as the servers are completely different. During my time on the server I have been in several incidents where I have to calm down users and staff and I feel like I have been fair and reasonable in all situations and listen to everyone. I have shown my ability to sort situations out, by taking to another member of staff about an incident which occurred (This was granted by a LT member). From this I was able to resolve the situation and move forward. I have already helped the lead team in different ways and wish to continue doing so if I do get SA.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
I think that I would be a good candidate for Super Administrator as am very helpful. I love bringing other people’s suggestions to the staff meetings and I’m motivated in making this server the best it can possible be. My goal for the server is be able to push it to No. 1 for Deathrun servers. I believe that we can do this by implementing new and interesting ideas that contrast from different servers making ours unique and different. I spend a lot of my time on the server, and within this time I am doing things like helping other staff members, helping people who are new to the server but also have fun from time to time. I have offered my service to users be assisting them in either writing or checking the staff applications. I don’t do this for myself, as frankly I gain nothing from it, but I do it to help users out. I feel like I would be a good Super Administrator as I am very fair and I listen to everyone’s views. I do not take sides in arguments or show favourite to any individuals and punish people correctly. I am very fair in my punishments and I feel like I am not harsh in any scenarios. I feel like I would be a great addition to the current lead team as I see myself as someone who can bring something different with creative ideas in order to make the server more enjoyable for the players.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
As previously stated in the question above there have been several incidents in which users and staff or staff and staff, have gotten into arguments with one another. In this particular situation I came on to see there was an issue between a player and some of the staff team. Firstly, I asked in the admin chat to find out what had happened and got a rundown of the scenario from the staff team who were on at the time. I then asked the user, who was very angry/upset to calm down so we could talk about it properly. When the user had calmed down I asked him to explain the situation from his point of view. From the users point of view, I was able to compare it to that to the story the staff had told me and came to an overall conclusion that no action would be taken against other party. Later I then informed a lead team member, in order to inform them incase it became an issue again, who asked me whether I needed them to come on to calm the situation down but I said that it had all been sorted and was now under control and it was left at that.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
So firstly I would read through their post on the forums and check that they are using the correct template. If they are using the correct template I would post to say that I was going to handle the report. I would then look at all the information given in the report and look at any evidence provided. I would then contact the member of staff in question and ask them to explain what happened from their point of view. I would then message the users to find out any extra information that may not have been posted in the original post or to ask any questions about the situation. From this I would decide whether the staff member has broken a rule or not and punish them accordingly. I would then reply on the thread my verdict and then ask for the post to be locked.
A have already dealt with reports and ban requests before.
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/appeals/8...s-warn-appeal#559573
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/general-d...thrun-alfonzo#575161

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
Firstly I would speak the member of staff who banned the player and I would ask him the reason in which he banned the user for an excessive period of time. If I thought that the staff member was being harsh I would ask them to get the users steam id and I would change the ban time accordingly but I would also take some input from the staff member and make sure they agree with my decision. Then I would message the user informing him in the change in length of their ban. I would then confer back to the staff team to see if this has happened before and if it had then I would talk to the staff member about not making there punishments as hard.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would explain to the staff member what to do in admin chat as this then helps them to understand what to do for next time. I would not interfere with the situation as it can make the staff member stressed and sometimes uncomfortable if they feel like cannot do it themselves. After they are finished with the user, I will explain to them the best way in which to handle that in the future. If I was to spot any issues with the ability of the staff I would retrain the staff member and continue to watch and see how they handle with situations. If the situation become a recurring issue then I would take it to the lead team to discuss where to go from that point onwards.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
Firstly I would speak to the staff member who reported the fellow staff member about what happened. Then I would speak to the staff member who has been reported, as I would need to gain another point of view. If needed I may then ask other staff who were on the server at that time if I felt more information was needed. When I have found out the story I would ask to see if the staff member had any proof. If the proof is valid or the staff member has already been spoken to for similar problems then I would ask the staff member to come on teamspeak or I would message them through steam. I would explain the reason in which they were reported for and discuss possible consequences; be it an official warning, verbal warning or a demote. From this I would report the issue to the lead team in case it was to happen again.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I would start by calming the 2 staff members down. Then I would figure out what instigated the argument and from there I would try to come to a compromise between both staff members. From this I would hope that they find common ground and would warn them both that if it continued further action would happen. I would ask the players to apologies and explain that I am not forcing them to be bestfriends, but to not repeat the behaviour again. If they had been in arguments with other staff members in the past I would speak to him individually about why they are having arguments with different staffs members. I would then explain to the staff member that if they have any issues with staff members in the future that it must go through the lead team to avoid future arguments.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
If I saw a member of staff breaking rules to a point in which it was endangering the player base, I would message them and tell them to come on TeamSpeak as it will be easier to explain the problem to them. When I start to speak to them I will ask them why they think I have asked to see them. This will help me identify whether they were acting in a malicious way. If they tell me or not I will explain the reason in which I requested to speak to them. I would present to them any evidence given to support the report. I would then conduct a suitable punishment due to the extent of their behaviour.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and feel free to leave support/critism.
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo
  • Thanks received: 252
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed Steam Link
The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578002

Good Application
Good staff member
Nice guy
Helpful to other staff members and users
Deserves the promotion!

:plussp:
Best Of Luck!
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by _Lewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dezmond

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578024

Good Luck Dezmond
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578062

Goodluck!
  • Newdude
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 737
Ex - Deathrun SuperAdmin
Ex - Jailbreak SuperAdmin
Ex - Teamspeak Staff

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578105

Definitely deserves this, probably the best candidate I can think off right now

• B4nQk0k
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • jeg har 45cc moped
  • Thanks received: 713

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578823

Great admin! Friendly and helpful! Also a good trainer/victim!! :p

Good luck!
  • Leopatra
  • Senior Boarder
  • I work hard every motherfuckin' day
  • Thanks received: 266
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dezmond, hamad711

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578861

Great guy
Good luck
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3911

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #578874

Good luck <3

• Jason Swarbrick
  • Junior Boarder
  • Deathrun Ex-Administrator
  • Thanks received: 13

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #579330

Lewis1 wrote:
Good Application
Good staff member
Nice guy
Helpful to other staff members and users
Deserves the promotion!

Best Of Luck!

Thanks for the feedback Lewis!

B4nQk0k wrote:
Definitely deserves this, probably the best candidate I can think off right now

Cheers B4nQk0k for the positive comments!
Leopatra wrote:
Great admin! Friendly and helpful! Also a good trainer/victim!! :p

Good luck!

I try my best to be the best victim! But seriously thanks for this and it was a pleasure being your training victim.

A Good Pianist wrote:
Great guy
Good luck
Cheers Rob! Much appreciated.
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #579586

★ Great guy & Admin he deserves it. ★

• DarkSoul
  • Senior Boarder
  • [Deathrun Admin]
  • Thanks received: 84

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581106

fucking shite admin should not get a SA he should get demoted.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • z ub
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 28
[url/][/url]

[url/][/url]

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581176

So, why should this man become super admin? I have asked myself the same question multiple times at night while drinking my own finely aged scotch watching re runs of friends. I have deliberated for many an evening over this very thought provoking subject and finally i have made my decision. The current Deathrun administrator, Dezmond should without reasonable doubt receive a promotion to the rank of Superadministrator. This sound judgement is based on the face that the rank of administrator looks poor when compared to the clearly superior SUPERadminstrator. With the prefix SUPER this man will be able to better enforce the rules as those who break them will be intimidated by the high presige associated with the word super. This is not shitpost. It is the truth. Please dont ban me again. Im looking at you.

100% OC not even pasta

:zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp: :zarp:
Hail Satan
  • El Fugeo Grande
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 35
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by El Fugeo Grande.

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581189

Dezmond is a fantastic admin who constantly helps the server
i could see him as a fantastic lead team member!

Good Luck!
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581223

Hello Dezmond,

I have not really spoken to you, but you show great dedication to the Deathrun server and from what I have seen of you on the forums I believe you are a suitable candidate. However, your answers keep speaking about "Suitable punishments for the staff member" although you need to realize that you, as a Super Admin, can not give punishments to staff on your own. You can deal with staff situations and speak to them about their (bad) behaviour, but the punishments need to be voted on during a meeting. Only a Head Administrator or higher can give a emergency demotion (thus: a punishment) on their own without any kind of meeting taking please, though even then it will still need to be spoken about during the lead team meeting.

Good luck!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581254

dezmond I see you everyday on DR , giving some great feedback for the people applying for the server
never really seen any negatives ...

maybe quiet down with the craziness u have u mung

Good luck!
  • hamad711
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex. Deathrun SuperAdmin
  • Thanks received: 335

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #581734

Sanna wrote:
★ Great guy & Admin he deserves it. ★
Thanks Sanna for your support.
z ub wrote:
fucking shite admin should not get a SA he should get demoted.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thanks for the support lad!
El Fugéo Grandé wrote:
So, why should this man become super admin? I have asked myself the same question multiple times at night while drinking my own finely aged scotch watching re runs of friends. I have deliberated for many an evening over this very thought provoking subject and finally i have made my decision. The current Deathrun administrator, Dezmond should without reasonable doubt receive a promotion to the rank of Superadministrator. This sound judgement is based on the face that the rank of administrator looks poor when compared to the clearly superior SUPERadminstrator. With the prefix SUPER this man will be able to better enforce the rules as those who break them will be intimidated by the high presige associated with the word super. This is not shitpost. It is the truth. Please dont ban me again. Im looking at you.

100% OC not even pasta

This shit cracks me up, cheers lad!
Hey its Alex wrote:
Dezmond is a fantastic admin who constantly helps the server
i could see him as a fantastic lead team member!

Good Luck!
Thanks for the support Alex!
Raeker wrote:
Hello Dezmond,

I have not really spoken to you, but you show great dedication to the Deathrun server and from what I have seen of you on the forums I believe you are a suitable candidate. However, your answers keep speaking about "Suitable punishments for the staff member" although you need to realize that you, as a Super Admin, can not give punishments to staff on your own. You can deal with staff situations and speak to them about their (bad) behaviour, but the punishments need to be voted on during a meeting. Only a Head Administrator or higher can give a emergency demotion (thus: a punishment) on their own without any kind of meeting taking please, though even then it will still need to be spoken about during the lead team meeting.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback Raekar! I'll take your feedback into account and use this for next time.
hamad711 wrote:
dezmond I see you everyday on DR , giving some great feedback for the people applying for the server
never really seen any negatives ...

maybe quiet down with the craziness u have u mung

Good luck!

Cheers for the feedback Hamad! I'm crazy and I can't help it. :P But thanks for the positive comments
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo

[Deathrun SuperAdministrator Application] Dezmond 6 years 11 months ago #583803

Looking for some more feedback.
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo