Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78936

RP Name: Brother Exrobite
Link to Steam: Here you go senpai!
Current Gametracker Profiles
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/Exrobite/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/Exrobite/94.23.19.200:27025/ /

-I've recently changed my name on steam, changed it back so watch the numbers roll up again-

Estimated Server Time

Around 300 hours inc. Before GT

Languages I speak
English

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random death match (RDM for short) is the act of killing someone without a valid reason. There is also “Mass Random Deathmatch” (Mass RDM) which is the act of killing multiple people without a valid reason. There are two different tiers of RDM and Mass RDM: Intentional and accidental. Intentional RDM is when the reported user deliberately kills the reporter knowing it is against the rules, either for their own gain or just to further the illusion that they are funny. Intentional RDM is always more severe than accidental RDM, and I would issue a straight up warning for this. Accidental RDM occurs when the reported did RDM the reporter, but he did it not knowing it was against the rules or he didn’t intend to kill the player. The latter of these reasons mostly happens with misclicks or in crossfire situations. If the reported seems apologetic, I would see if we could work something other than issuing a warn(Verbal warn, refund for guns, etc.)
Here are 3 examples of RDM:
- Player X is shooting at player Y. Player Z runs in the way of the crossfire and player X shoots him because he thinks he is player Y. This is unintentional RDM. [/li]
- Player X is called “MingeMcTrollson;” he kills Player Y. When questioned for it, he says “For the lols.” This is intentional RDM and a warn issued.[/li]
- Player X is a mutant at the banker. He kills player Y who is walking along. Player X did not know that it was against the rules. This is unintentional RDM, but as he was actually at fault I would issue a verbal warning and freeze him for 3 minutes so he can read the rules.[/li]

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR for short) is the rule that prevents you from returning to the district of your death for a certain set period of time after your death. On ZARP this time is 3 minutes. It also applies to the whole district. There are a couple of times when NLR is not applied:
-When killed at spawn
-When you are a cop and the police department is being raided.
Once again, NLR comes in two forms:
-Harmless NLR
-Harmful NLR
Harmless NLR is when someone is killed, but coming back does not harm anyone. People may report harmless NLR for the sake of reporting it. There are two main reasons I can think of wherein harmless NLR applies; when someone is CDMed and when someone is RDMed and goes back to the district, but does not interact with his RDMer. I would say these are OK, but I would still talk to the “NLRer” about it.
Harmful NLR is when someone returns to his place of death to interact with events from his previous life. The two most common versions of this I have seen are; to prevent someone raiding and to kill the killer. This NLR is where the real rule breaking happens and why this rule is here. This is where a warning is needed.
Three examples of NLR are:
-Player X is being raided, she is killed in the firefight. She then proceeds to return and kill the people raiding her. This is harmful NLR and a warn would be issued.
-Player X is CDMed. He returns to the district before the NLR is up. Someone reports him. I would talk to him about this and maybe issue a verbal warning.
-Player X is mugged and killed by Player Y. She then comes back and kills player Y. This is harmful RDM and she would be punished for it.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is the act of sharing in-character information in the Out Of Character (OOC), or using things said OOC ingame. chat. As far as I see it, there’s also 2 different tiers of Metagaming, harmful and harmless.
Harmful Metagaming is when somebody deliberately breaks the rule with the intention of spreading role-play information that hinders someone else. This is most likely something to do with getting raided. These actions would result in a warn.
Harmless Metagame is when somebody may accidently use OOC instead of using /advert, now knowing what /advert is. If this happens I would /pm the user, telling them to use /advert in future.
3 examples of Metagaming are:
-Player X is getting raided, he calls out in OOC: “Help help, police, there’s a raid at ____!” This is a perfect example of harmful Metagaming, as it hinders the person who is raiding. I would warn the perpetrator for this action.
-Player X is making a shop. He is new and doesn’t know what /advert is, he types in OOC “Come to my shop for cheap guns!” This is Metagaming, but instead of warning him I’d PM him asking that he refrains from using OOC chat for that, and that he should use /advert.
-Player X is in a TS channel with some raiders. They are talking about raiding his base, they are milling about outside his base, but he shoots them before they begin raiding. This is an extremely idiotic move, and it ruins the game entirely, so I would certainly issue a warn for this.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
Before bringing the accused, I would ask Player X if he had any proof. If not I would still bring Player Y and ask him about the killing, I would ask for both of their stories and try to get a confession out of Player Y.

IF:
Player X gives sufficient evidence beforehand, and player Y lies about the incident, I would warn player Y twice, one for the broken rule and again for lying in a moderator situation.

IF:
Player X doesn’t give proof, and player Y confesses, I would still warn player Y, but I wouldn’t warn him twice, and I’d ask him politely not to do it again. He has confessed and it’s been sorted.

IF
Player X doesn’t give proof, and player Y says he didn’t do it, I would listen to them argue for ~20 seconds, then I’d intervene if nothing was said that incriminates player Y. If nothing was said, I’d let him go. If something was said, I’d ask player Y about it, and warn him if he confesses after this, or if it’s evident he did RDM.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
Because the kills are so close together, it would surprise me if he didn’t break NLR. I would bring Player Y without asking for proof and I’d ask him why he broke NLR (I’d do this over asking if he broke NLR because it’s more likely to make him confess if he’s guilty.)
IF:
He says he didn’t, I would proceed to ask him if he killed player X at all, if the answer is no, I can warn him for lying. If it’s yes, I’d ask him why he did it so soon after he’d been killed by player X. This would probably make him come up with a poorly backed up excuse, and would most likely lead to a confession in the end.
IF
He confessed, I would warn him, but I’d have more respect in him and I’d politely ask him not to do it again.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

Well, a pretty cut case really, I’d warn him using the warn system and with /pm. There’s really not much more to say about this one.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words).
I believe I should because I’ve been around for a long time; I was here since new ZARP opened its doors in beta. I know the listed rules inside and out, and I can easily spot and shut down any rule breaking that is occurring on my watch. I’ve been an admin before too, so I know how to deal with people, and how everything works. I can dynamically adapt my moderating style to suit and situation I may come across, and I can put up with the pressure of moderating at ZARP, I’d probably come out laughing at times too. I love ZARP, some of you may not realise this, but I’ve been here so long, I’ve watched it develop so much, I feel it’s a great place to be and I want to be with it as it evolves further, it’s great, I love it. This server is unique, and I would love to help moderate it.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by DarthVader. Reason: Incorrect Title
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78955

I don't really know you in game and I have never played with you but you seem like a good guy and from what i've seen on the forums it looks like you know the rules so for me it's a +SUPPORT
Keep up the good work or i will devour your soul :-)
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78959

gmod troller wrote:
i will devour your soul :-)

:(
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78962

mingery is real
  • Tyrone Shmurda
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]i be workin de corner[/b]
  • Thanks received: 149

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78966

Alright, this is gonna sound a little wierd, but i feel like your answers are a little too long. I feel like a report should be simple and easy to read.

Other than that youve put alot of effort into it and its really well written.

You definitly have my +S
  • Gems
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 504

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78975

KEEPS SENDING DICK PICS ON SNAPCHAT - SUPPORT.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78981

Gemsbond wrote:
Alright, this is gonna sound a little wierd, but i feel like your answers are a little too long. I feel like a report should be simple and easy to read.

I guess you have never seen my Moderator Application.....
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

#ModTheBite 9 years 5 months ago #78987

#ModTheBite !!!!!
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78988

Been a staff member before, so knows enough to come back.
+support

Was that good, senpai?
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by LightArrowsEXE.

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #78999

Does not completely grasp the "Role" factor in the term "Dark Role Play". Was a staff member before, sure. Is not now; and I can see why. Not ready.

-Support
  • Hampered
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #79108

Sometimes, I crump,

Bumpalumpalump.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #79109

His no scopes are not that great but his 360 quick scopes are outstanding The way you use that sniper is very impressive it's a +support

You deserve mod bae
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #79119

AMAZING application big big +support
  • Decisive
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 82

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #79470

• exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

[SSRP Moderator] Exrobite's Application 9 years 5 months ago #79602

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200), it would also be appreciated if you can click the banner in my signature and add me on steam so that we can manage the meetings more easily.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Mogadonskoda
  • User is blocked
  • Posh Twat
  • Thanks received: 149
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

274 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40