Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Epiphany's Application

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33322

RP NAME (at present): Epiphany

STEAM PROFILE LINK: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050402562/

STEAMID: STEAM_0:0:45068417

ESTIMATED SERVER PLAYTIME: Over 50 hours.

DarkRP Related
CREATE A RULEBREAKING SCENARIO AND HOW YOU WOULD RESOLVE IT:

Person A places a prop in front of their door for their base. Of course, that person could simply be intending to make it a fading door, but when Person B comes along, they find that they can't enter the building because A has blocked it.
First, I'd address the situation by formally asking what the purpose of the door was. If it was intended to be a fading door, I'd next give them exactly two minutes to change it into a fading door with a functional keypad. Failing this, a warning. If it continues, then an eventual ban. If the person was merely propblocking the door to keep people from getting access to their printers or what have you, I'd warn them right away and inevitably ban them if they did not cease and desist.

EXPLAIN THE METAGAMING, NLR and RDM RULES:

Metagaming is the term used to describe a scenario where a person is bringing their gaming into an out of character (OoC) context. Primarily, metagaming is when a person might be exploiting the OoC chat function in order to get more business for their gun dealership, as an example. This not only ruins the point of the roleplay BEING a roleplay, but also is an example of something that might cause a domino effect in where more players will choose to conduct business and other such features out of character in order to gain an advantage except for those who respect the rules, of course. A less common example would also be when a person becomes mayor and exploits the lockdown function for their own real-life benefit, such as when they're going AFK, and don't want anyone to kidnap/kill them while they're gone. Or by making plans with other players merely to troll other users by killing them as a lockdown starts, having their friends as police/SAS/S.W.A.T.

RDM is an acronym used to refer to what is better known as Random Death Match-ing. This occurs when a player kills another player for no justifiable reason related to the actual RP. This actually links in with a couple of other rules, such as metagaming or self-supplying, like when a Gun Dealer/Heavy Weapons Guy/Black Market Dealer supplies themselves so they can go around and kill other players with their weapons. The RDM rule generally falls in line with something a lot of players want when they get killed by another player for a justified reason: Revenge. This is another example of RDMing and another rule being mixed together with it. The New Life Rule falls into this (Explained below), so that if a gun dealer is killed in a raid, that dealer CANNOT go back to their store to take vengeance upon the person until the NLR expires and they have just cause.
Put simply: This rule applies when you kill a player for a completely unjustifiable reason in the RP.

Finally, the New Life Rule (NLR) is a term that stipulates that once a player has died, they must not return to the place they last were until the time is up. Some servers do not have timers, so those players are given free reign to count for themselves. It should be noted that this rule is usually most broken by vendors who want to return to their store. While this is understandable, the point of NLR is to not only enforce that the person is beginning a new life and therefore must follow through with this until the point of NLR expiry, but also to make sure that in the case of someone who has killed the person does not get attacked by the person and break the RDM rule at the same time.

NLR and RDM are usually the most obvious of the rules being broken, because a large majority of people report it the second they see it.

WHY I SHOULD BE CHOSEN (longer answer expected here):
I'm still new to this server, but it's the one I've played the most since I started playing Gmod. I play for hours at a time every day and I always abide by the RP rules to the best of my ability. I can be an authoritative person, and I always listen to both sides of the argument. I'm impartial, just and swift in all judgements that I pass. In short, I am not trying to apply for this role simply because I want the power, I want this role because I know how often the role is abused, and I'd like to be a figure of authority that players can confide in and trust to resolve any issues they may have. I'd love to be a part of the team and be able to help. I'm always friendly and always willing to be the most enthusiastic and passionate about the role while maintaining a great level of hard work in said role. I'm currently the writer for a game in development, and I'm the newspaper editor for another MMO called Dark-Mayhem.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, exrobite, Bazaraxe

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33323

Now this is the standard of application the new format looks for, very in depth answers dude - well done.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33336

Thanks very much, Virtualpixels. Simply happy to apply.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33337

This is the best application I have seen in a long time. Well done!
  • BaronVonSchnitzelmeister
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • What are you doing in my swamp?
  • Thanks received: 79

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33345

Thank you, Willydood. That really means a lot to me, and as I said, just happy to play with you guys and apply to help further.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33348

Never seen you in game, you don't speak up much.

But great app. Love it.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33349

I was in the game with you yesterday, actually. That's pretty funny. I don't go in OoC too much, unless it's to help out others or get advice myself. But thanks, all the same.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33503

Bloody Brilliant! Be proud mate, these people know what they're saying! God, I'm dying.
  • pjread01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 19

Epiphany's Application 10 years 5 months ago #33504

Denied

Never seen you online.
  • Smallville
  • Expert Boarder
  • Smallville
  • Thanks received: 81
Smallville