SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:97227994

Discord Tag:
Donny#6666

Languages I speak:
English, Greek

Promotion Related

How would you handle a Discord appeal?:
I would begin with claiming it if the punishment wasn't issued by me, followed by doing a deep and thorough read so that the discussion that would follow with the punishing staff in regards to the appeal can be specific and topic related. After getting the side of the story by them, i would come to a mutually agreed or not verdict and get back to the appealing user with the usual script that's been spammed for no reason in applications of all kinds so far.

Explain some of the administrative features of Discord and when they're used appropriately:
Instead of going in depth with commands, such as an example of a softban issue to remove messages followed by a warning, i will explain a few of the features that are most commonly used.

Warn
As mentioned, it is mostly used for minor or non-repeating offenses, where harsher punishments wouldn't be appropriate given a hypothetical light TOU break, even though most of the incidents involve long-established members who choose this despite having full knowledge of TOU and rules, in which case the below applies.

Mute
This would be the most common amongst all of them, since it prohibits the user from continuing to use text and voice channels, but still keeping them in the server. As a timeout though does a similar job, muting them has an extra benefit of creating an entry in the logs, which are mentioned below.

Logs channel
This gives the ultimate control and organization when it comes to keeping track not only of punishments, but of staff issuing them, which is where the most important part of the HA role comes, keeping Administrators in check from punishment lengths, to even invalid punishment reasons and so on.

Kick
This would be the least used amongst them all, since it is an unneeded middle-man of mute and ban. Usually used in cases where discord functionality would be assumed to be up to a regular standard after the user rejoining the server.

Ban
Probably the harshest punishment, which purges the user's messages across the server, and then removes them from it for a set amount of time which can be also permanent. Usually used in cases of a serious TOU break, or after an incident of a user breaking TOU but having a series of recent punishments too.

What would I do different with my new powers?:
Most likely ensure i get the hang of them in no time by handling every situation i possibly can, including and not limited to keeping all the channels clean and civil, while making sure i continue being on top of things so i can respond to requests of role changes, from non-automated vip requests, to staff assignments during trainings of others and mine, and generally make sure everything works and everyone behaves the way they should by always being a role model of rules and TOU following.

Last Words
With my upcoming plans of taking more responsible duties, i believe this rank will serve me and others in the best way possible considering my dedication towards Zarp as a community whole itself and it's users, which is where i practice my people's skills, one of the greatest managerial aspects i've developed over the years and have served me in many situations in combination with my driven focus.

Thank you for reading through my application. Looking forward to any kind of feedback.
  • ItsDonny
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Big Don
  • Thanks received: 212

Community Developer
Discord Head Admin
Forum Global Mod
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by ItsDonny.
The topic has been locked.

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397834

:plussp:
very clean application i can see you are perfect for the role
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3434
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397836

:support:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 8582

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397842

Good luck *again* :) ;) :plussp:
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 1191

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397845

:support:
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397855

ItsDonny wrote:

Details

Steam Name:
ItsDonny

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:97227994

Discord Tag:
Donny#6666

Languages I speak:
English, Greek

Promotion Related

How would you handle a Discord appeal?:
I would begin with claiming it if the punishment wasn't issued by me, followed by doing a deep and thorough read so that the discussion that would follow with the punishing staff in regards to the appeal can be specific and topic related. After getting the side of the story by them, i would come to a mutually agreed or not verdict and get back to the appealing user with the usual script that's been spammed for no reason in applications of all kinds so far.

Explain some of the administrative features of Discord and when they're used appropriately:
Instead of going in depth with commands, such as an example of a softban issue to remove messages followed by a warning, i will explain a few of the features that are most commonly used.

Warn
As mentioned, it is mostly used for minor or non-repeating offenses, where harsher punishments wouldn't be appropriate given a hypothetical light TOU break, even though most of the incidents involve long-established members who choose this despite having full knowledge of TOU and rules, in which case the below applies.

Mute
This would be the most common amongst all of them, since it prohibits the user from continuing to use text and voice channels, but still keeping them in the server. As a timeout though does a similar job, muting them has an extra benefit of creating an entry in the logs, which are mentioned below.

Logs channel
This gives the ultimate control and organization when it comes to keeping track not only of punishments, but of staff issuing them, which is where the most important part of the HA role comes, keeping Administrators in check from punishment lengths, to even invalid punishment reasons and so on.

Kick
This would be the least used amongst them all, since it is an unneeded middle-man of mute and ban. Usually used in cases where discord functionality would be assumed to be up to a regular standard after the user rejoining the server.

Ban
Probably the harshest punishment, which purges the user's messages across the server, and then removes them from it for a set amount of time which can be also permanent. Usually used in cases of a serious TOU break, or after an incident of a user breaking TOU but having a series of recent punishments too.

What would I do different with my new powers?:
Most likely ensure i get the hang of them in no time by handling every situation i possibly can, including and not limited to keeping all the channels clean and civil, while making sure i continue being on top of things so i can respond to requests of role changes, from non-automated vip requests, to staff assignments during trainings of others and mine, and generally make sure everything works and everyone behaves the way they should by always being a role model of rules and TOU following.

Last Words
With my upcoming plans of taking more responsible duties, i believe this rank will serve me and others in the best way possible considering my dedication towards Zarp as a community whole itself and it's users, which is where i practice my people's skills, one of the greatest managerial aspects i've developed over the years and have served me in many situations in combination with my driven focus.

Thank you for reading through my application. Looking forward to any kind of feedback.
:minussp:
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

[DISCORD HEAD ADMIN] Donny's Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397870

:plussp:
  • Faithful
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge