Steam Name:
OnionRings

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:81263200

Languages I speak:
English

How would you handle a Discord appeal?:
Hello User,

After speaking to the banning administrator, I have found out the reason for your ban being disrespectful. We've notice that you have been banned for a long time now and believe it is time to give you another shot on the discord server. Therefor I have decided to accept your appeal. Please make sure you read over the discord rules, before joining back out discord!

:accepted:

Explain some of the administrative features of Discord and when they're used appropriately:

Kick

I see kick as quite a pointless command as they can simply just join back if the user is being abusive or disrespectful to other members on the discord.

Mute

Muting a member of the discord is the most commonly used staff command. It is mainly used when a member of the discord is sending TOU breaking links, making disrespectful comments or racism.

Time Out

Timing out a member of the discord is basically another type of ban, as it removes the users access to join/type in channels. However, it keeps the user on the server, and they can still see messages that are being sent etc but can't really do much.

Ban

The ban command is pretty much what it is. Banning a member of the discord should only really be used when the member has previously been muted a lot or has time outs and is continuing to break the discord server rules. With the ban they can no longer see or have access to the discord server.

What would I do different with my new powers?

If I was to be promoted to Discord Head Administrator, I would use my powers only when they are needed and will not abuse them in any way at all. Being SSRP Head Admin & Surf/Bhop Owner, I tend to find it quite annoying when I am training new staff and don't have the ability to give or remove any roles whatsoever, so I tend to always have to wait or rely on another Discord Head Admin to assist me in these kinds of situations. Having access to the log channel can give me a massive boost in the ability to monitor the rest of the discord admins and make sure they are fairly giving out punishments and aren't abusing their powers in anyway at all.

Why I should be chosen?:

I believe I should be chosen for multiple reasons, I am going to break them down below:

Activity

I would like to say I am one of the most active discord administrators. I tend to do this by being on the discord nearly every day being active within the public voice channels and trying to help members of the discord when I can. I tend not to type much in the general discussion channel; however, I do actively look in it and read through what people are talking about and to make sure that everyone is following the rules.

Dedication

Overall, I believe I have insane dedication to the servers and the community. It shows that I want to be here to help the community go in the right direction. As it just shows how much I do for the server being active, trusted, experienced and also shows my leadership skills. I have been in the community for 8+ years now, which is a large amount. Previously I was nearly staff for 4 years. I ended up resigning due to being busy with life but I've found more interest to coming back and more time to play on the servers community-wide with high activity across the servers that I truly enjoy. I have worked hard on all my servers where I hold staffing ranks showing my dedication on the servers.

Experience

I personally believe I hold massive amounts of experience within zarp as a whole. From originally getting staff in 2016, for staffing for years in lead team positions and server ownership. I held Community Manager for a couple of months in 2021, advancing my levels of experiencing in dealing with hundreds of different situations within ZARP. I've currently been back about 3 months now, actively playing on the servers and communicating to the staff and players as much as I can in the discord. Also by being a discord head admin a few times I am well aware of the commands that are given to you.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 5656
The topic has been locked.

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397811

:plussp:
great guy
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3434

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397817

2nd favorite irish "person"

• Vodka4Gaben
  • Diamond Boarder
  • LeBron "King" James
  • Thanks received: 1516

Ex - TTT Server Owner

Ex - TTT Head Administrator
Ex - TTT Super Administrator
Ex - TeamSpeak/Discord Staff x2
Ex - Forum Staff
Ex - TTT Administrator x3
Ex - Deathrun Administrator
Ex - TTT Moderator x4
Ex - TF2 Moderator
Ex - Deathrun Moderator
Ex - Murder Moderator

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397818

:minussp:
Mass Racism
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397823

Still hasn't apologized to me!

:minussp:
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397830

Good luck :plussp:
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 1191

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397839

:support: hopefully x2 accepted :ohmy:
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8581

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397848

:support:
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397856

OnionRings wrote:

OnionRings' Discord Head Admin Application

Steam Name:
OnionRings

SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:81263200

Languages I speak:
English

How would you handle a Discord appeal?:
Hello User,

After speaking to the banning administrator, I have found out the reason for your ban being disrespectful. We've notice that you have been banned for a long time now and believe it is time to give you another shot on the discord server. Therefor I have decided to accept your appeal. Please make sure you read over the discord rules, before joining back out discord!

:accepted:

Explain some of the administrative features of Discord and when they're used appropriately:

Kick

I see kick as quite a pointless command as they can simply just join back if the user is being abusive or disrespectful to other members on the discord.

Mute

Muting a member of the discord is the most commonly used staff command. It is mainly used when a member of the discord is sending TOU breaking links, making disrespectful comments or racism.

Time Out

Timing out a member of the discord is basically another type of ban, as it removes the users access to join/type in channels. However, it keeps the user on the server, and they can still see messages that are being sent etc but can't really do much.

Ban

The ban command is pretty much what it is. Banning a member of the discord should only really be used when the member has previously been muted a lot or has time outs and is continuing to break the discord server rules. With the ban they can no longer see or have access to the discord server.

What would I do different with my new powers?

If I was to be promoted to Discord Head Administrator, I would use my powers only when they are needed and will not abuse them in any way at all. Being SSRP Head Admin & Surf/Bhop Owner, I tend to find it quite annoying when I am training new staff and don't have the ability to give or remove any roles whatsoever, so I tend to always have to wait or rely on another Discord Head Admin to assist me in these kinds of situations. Having access to the log channel can give me a massive boost in the ability to monitor the rest of the discord admins and make sure they are fairly giving out punishments and aren't abusing their powers in anyway at all.

Why I should be chosen?:

I believe I should be chosen for multiple reasons, I am going to break them down below:

Activity

I would like to say I am one of the most active discord administrators. I tend to do this by being on the discord nearly every day being active within the public voice channels and trying to help members of the discord when I can. I tend not to type much in the general discussion channel; however, I do actively look in it and read through what people are talking about and to make sure that everyone is following the rules.

Dedication

Overall, I believe I have insane dedication to the servers and the community. It shows that I want to be here to help the community go in the right direction. As it just shows how much I do for the server being active, trusted, experienced and also shows my leadership skills. I have been in the community for 8+ years now, which is a large amount. Previously I was nearly staff for 4 years. I ended up resigning due to being busy with life but I've found more interest to coming back and more time to play on the servers community-wide with high activity across the servers that I truly enjoy. I have worked hard on all my servers where I hold staffing ranks showing my dedication on the servers.

Experience

I personally believe I hold massive amounts of experience within zarp as a whole. From originally getting staff in 2016, for staffing for years in lead team positions and server ownership. I held Community Manager for a couple of months in 2021, advancing my levels of experiencing in dealing with hundreds of different situations within ZARP. I've currently been back about 3 months now, actively playing on the servers and communicating to the staff and players as much as I can in the discord. Also by being a discord head admin a few times I am well aware of the commands that are given to you.
  • Killa Kappa
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6745

[Discord Head Admin] OnionRings' Application 1 year 4 months ago #1397868

• Faithful
  • Community Manager
  • That Irish guy™