Link to Steam Profile:

steamcommunity.com/id/ladanog/

SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:54115782

SteamID64:

Current Gametracker Profiles:

www.gametracker.com/player/l%C3%A5dan/da...arpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time:

50-100 hours across multiple usernames (wont change from Paladin from now on)

Languages I Speak:

English, Swedish

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:

Actors:
  • X (Citizen)
  • Y (Citizen)
  • Z (Citizen)
  • A (Admin)
Scenario (Attempted RDM):
  1. X pulls out his gun in the street.
  2. X shoots Y twice in his feet, it hurt a lot.
  3. Y complains to A about X not having a valid role-playing reason to shoot him in the feet.
  4. A tells X he committed a Class-A felony, Attempted RDM.
  5. Y forgives X for shooting his feet.
  6. A wants to keep the streets clean from unjustified gun violence and tells X not to shoot more people in their feet.
  7. A gives X a Verbal warning
Scenario (RDM):
  1. X is angry he isn't allowed to shoot people in the foot.
  2. X yet again pulls out his gun in the street.
  3. X shoots Z twice in his feet, but it turns out, Z dies due to complications from getting shot in their feet.
  4. Z complains to A about X not having a valid role-playing reason to kill him.
  5. A tells X he committed a Class-A felony, RDM.
  6. Z does not forgive X for killing him, because Z lost a cool pistol he had equipped.
  7. A wants to keep the streets clean from unjustified gun violence and tells X not to shoot more people in their feet, again.
  8. A felt like being courteous before, since it was X's first offence, but now is a little annoyed X betrayed his trust and shot people again.
  9. A gives X a Written warning
X reforms and is later asked by A what he learned that day. X tells him:

"Today I learned it's not cool to go around shooting people without a valid reason. It may not have been my intention to kill them, but just like in real life, randomly shooting people can have unprecedented and long-lasting effects, like loss of life and loss of property. Furthermore, now Z won't talk to me because he lost something precious to him because I killed him. Not only did I lose my gun license, I also lost a friend."

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:

Actors:
  • X (Police)
  • Y (Gangster)
  • A (Admin)
Scenario (Breaking NLR):
  1. X is a police and sees notorious gangster, Y walking around with an illegal Gluon Gun in his hands, disturbing the public peace as citizens fear getting brutally vaporized.
  2. X swiftly walks up to Y and tells him he's under arrest for the Class-C felony of Carrying Illegal Weapons
  3. Right before X strikes Y with his baton, Y nimbly dodges and screams "ACAB" after which he disintegrates X's organs using the Gluon Gun.
  4. X respawns and is mad.
  5. Within 15 seconds, he has taken his Elon-approved hoverboard, sped downtown and managed to arrest the scoundrel for killing his former self.
  6. Y is now mad that X acts all-knowing about his previous life's actions and complains to A about X coming back to exact vengeance in the memory of his former life.
  7. A swoops down, takes statements, gathers evidence and finally decides to give X a Verbal warning for not respecting NLR.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
You are handling a report in which player A accuses player B of killing them for no reason in a report via the F1 system.

I would first ask both sides of their story. Secondly, I would try to gather as much evidence of the event that took place through potential logs, witnesses, clips, screenshots, etc. before making a final judgement. I believe each sit should be treated with as much care and quality as the next and I always try to be as thorough as possible when it comes to disputes, no matter the incident.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
You witness a user mass RDMing in spawn, killing many people constantly to the point where users are complaining.

I would try to isolate the perpetrator through whatever means from the general public, (Physgun freezing, teleporting, etc.) and try to talk to them about potential issues they're having, why they are doing what they're doing. I don't believe directly jailing them in spawn for the world to see is the greatest strategy as they could very well be looking for attention in all the wrong places. After discussing their potential issues and if I can do anything for them I would make sure they realize that they have done wrong and that we won't tolerate MRDM. I then gauge their reaction for indicators regarding if they will do it again, etc. and punish appropriately. (Jailing in isolation would be my go-to punishment for first offenders, repeat-offenders would probably get warned and then kicked as a start).

Why I should be chosen (we recommend a minimum of around 150 words):

I have had some general experience moderating and administrating relatively large Minecraft, TTT, Sandbox, and DarkRP-servers in the past, and mostly quit staff due to low population or having to focus on school. Today I study at university but have a relatively relaxed schedule and have time to be on most nights. My main concern about SSRP Zarp at the moment is about the lack of swift intervention when it comes to mingers and trolls coming home from preschool to MRDM and have NITRP at all. I see it everywhere, but mostly in spawn, where constant infighting, spawnkilling and RDM between gun dealers and gangsters break out over nothing. In the current climate, most people just go Police and arrest the trolls, but they almost always come back fiestier than ever and unleash hell on innocent bystanders. 2 hours later a mod/admin responds to the F1's, but then it's too late.

I hope to maybe intervene right in the middle of it myself, as I'm mostly online during these times of the day, and I think it would make a possibly small but hopefully noticeable difference in new players staying on Zarp instead of leaving after 20 minutes due to (pardon my language) slow and tardy intervention.

Other Comments and Thoughts:
  • Add to server rules about if it is or if it is not allowed to break NLR after getting RDM'd. As of now, very ambiguous and unclear.

Hope you consider my application!
Kind regards, Paladin :woohoo:
  • Paladin
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Anti-(Anti-Miner)
  • Thanks received: 101

Former SSRP Admin

Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by God dammit Ross. Reason: Adding gametracker link
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1392866

:support:
  • Callum.
  • Community Developer
  • ZARP VIP
  • Fick dich Martin!
  • Thanks received: 745

Community Developer

Prophunt/TTT Server Owner
Teamspeak Head Admin
Discord Head Admin
Global Moderator
SSRP Administrator
Deathrun Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paladin

[SSRP Moderator] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1392867

I've added your gametacker link to your app. keep up the Great activity and try not to get any recent punishments, and you will get it this week.
  • God dammit Ross
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Imagine taunting
  • Thanks received: 961
Former Ranks
TTT Server Owner
Prop Hunt Head Admin
Surf Super Admin
Global Moderator
TS/Discord Head Admin
Murder Admin
Bhop Admin
TF2 Admin
SSRP Admin
Sandbox Admin

[SSRP Moderator] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1392869

really good
:plussp:
  • mungers
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • WICKED B)
  • Thanks received: 92
yes
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by mungers.

[SSRP Moderator] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1392873

• pizza
  • ZARP VIP
  • حياة جيدة
  • Thanks received: 149

[SSRP Moderator] Paladin's Application 1 year 7 months ago #1392989

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP SSRP! During our weekly staff meeting we reviewed your application, checked your activity and discussed your recent punishments.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a staff member.

Before you get started a lead team member will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. Don’t forget that you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP SSRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM BST

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Discord server Discord. You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

282 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127