SteamID:
STEAM_00195198025

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Teddy/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/

Estimated Server Time:
~2.5k hours

Languages I speak:
English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

Ever since I started playing years ago, I’ve become an admin a number of times. With all my experience combined I can confidently deal with almost any situation that arises whether that be helping new players, dealing with rulebreakers, or even giving a helping had to other staff members.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?
(in this part you can go as detailed as you want
):

As mentioned above, I’m no stranger when it comes to being staff on Zarp. I have plenty of experience and (to my knowledge) the trust to go along with that. I think these two factors are essential to becoming a super admin, especially because the role involves overseeing other staff members.

I am also extremely active, not just AFK either. I play on the server almost daily as I feel it is integral in staffing effectively, as well as really connecting with the players. I’m in good standing within the community and have managed to get to know a lot of great people. However, one caveat to this would be my activity on TS, which I know isn’t a requirement but definitely a benefit in terms of being able to communicate with other staff etc. I’ve been active on TS in the past but since I started playing again, I haven’t been so much. I fully intend to improve this in due course.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I’m confident in saying that the most difficult situation an admin can handle is that of hacking. Due to the policy, proof is a necessity and all we can really do is take some screen grabs and notify the LT.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

I would speak to both players to get an idea of what happened. I think it’s important to start with the user that filed the report, and then the staff member themselves. After speaking with both and getting an idea of the general story, I would deduce an outcome and reply to the appeal on the forums:

Accepted
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

Whatever reason the user was banned for, I would first look at their rapsheet to see if they had any recent warnings, and if so, how many. If I saw a ban for a ridiculous length of time, I would speak with the staff member and remind them that there is the Staff Ethos to consider. I would suggest to reduce the ban length to reflect the rule-break and that next time they should take a little more time before banning so that they can check things like their previous warnings and making sure that the user understands their punishment, and wherever possible, try to look for an alternative option to a ban, like a warn/jail/kick.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

If a staff member is struggling to control and/or deal with an F1, I would teleport to them and help them out, making sure that the sit is thoroughly resolved. Upon completion of the sit, I would speak with the staff member for a moment to remind them that the staff team is extremely friendly, and that if they are stuck, feel free to ask anyone for help. I would then offer for them to watch me while I handle an F1, so that they can see how to deal with one correctly. Before leaving them, I would give links to a few guides that can be found on the forums for them to refer to later if they ever get stuck. I would then spectate their next sit to make sure that they are handling things fine.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would first talk with the accusing staff member, so that I can find out their side of the story and gather any evidence they may have. After reviewing the evidence and making sure it checks out, I would then speak with the accused staff member to present the accusation and evidence, as well as to understand why they did what they did. I would remind them that being staff doesn't mean they don't have to abide by the rules. Depending on the severity of the rule/s broken, I would also bring it up in the LT meeting.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would first tell both staff members to stop. Arguing blatantly won't solve anything. After this I would ask them both to get on TS so that I can privately talk with them in order to find out what caused them to act this way, and to try and fix it. Upon conclusion I would remind them that being disrespectful can be hurtful to others, and is not the way in which a member of staff should be acting. I would make an effort to try and make it so they are amicable with each other, as well as bring the incident up in the LT meeting to discuss any further actions/monitoring.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

If they are breaking rules to the point of harming, they need to be stopped. After stopping the staff member in question I would talk to them about what they have just done, and ask them why they decided to break the rules. As a member of the staff team, they should be upholding an image of professionalism and be setting an example to other users. If a user sees a staff member break rules, they would think it is ok for them to do so as well, which is not what we want to portray. I would have to bring them up in the lead team meeting and spectate them for the next few days in order to make sure that it doesn't happen again, and if it did I would have to strip their rank and decide further actions in the LT meeting.
  • Teddyy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Thanks received: 92
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383292

:plussp:
  • Faithful
  • Community Manager
  • That Irish guy™
  • Thanks received: 377

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383293

yes, we need less racist staff members
  • yisyas
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 458

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383308

great guy

• Sam.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • gmaes?
  • Thanks received: 1123

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383309

Your alt’s profile picture where it features a bear with a wiener out in the open is pretty sus not gonna lie.
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1926

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383313

Jawson wrote:
Your alt’s profile picture where it features a bear with a wiener out in the open is pretty sus not gonna lie.

I would have to disagree. However, I have a new one which I hope is to your liking ;) :silly:
  • Teddyy
  • Senior Boarder
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
  • Thanks received: 92

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383314

Hi Teddy,

Great activity, however personally I would like to see a little more interaction from you before going for a LT promotion!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383315

TheXnator wrote:
Hi Teddy,

Great activity, however personally I would like to see a little more interaction from you before going for a LT promotion!
i hate to break this to you but who exactly is he meant to interact with, his alts?
  • Kronen
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 530
[ACHIEVEMENTS] Kronen just completed the "Cheater" achievement!
(FAdmin) OnionRings (STEAM_0:1:81263200) set the access level of lWl Super Golden Sinz #Back to user

[SSRP Super Admin] Teddy's Application 1 year 11 months ago #1383319

Kronen wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Hi Teddy,

i hate to break this to you but who exactly is he meant to interact with, his alts?

People on Teamspeak and the other people on the server? I sincerely doubt the ~20 average players recently have all been his alts when he only has ~5!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

162 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1