Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329086

Steam Name: goldauraz

Time Zone: GMT+2

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199029367373/

What server are you applying for? Prop Hunt

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:534550822

Current Gametracker Profiles: www.gametracker.com/player/goldauraz/play.zarpgaming.com:27040/

Estimated Server Time: 33396 min (557 hrs.)

Languages I speak: English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, isiZulu

About Me:
Hi I am goldauraz. I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession. I specialize in product manufacture and production technical support. I am the only female engineer in my department. I am one of three female engineers in our entire manufacturing plant.

I grew up gaming with my older brother. He decided the best way to troll his friends was to make bets which involved beating his sister in a round. His friends scoffed. I enjoyed the devastation on their faces after I won.

Joining the ZARP Community:
After playing on random servers I found the ZARP Prop Hunt server. I liked the interface and the player base. I decided to stick around. I was noticed by biosenic and LukiGuki, who encouraged me to apply for staff. After being accepted I discovered the ZARP Community. I made some great relationships along the way and now here I am, a Prop Hunt try-hard myself!

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
I have been Prop Hunt staff for almost 7 months, and admin for 4 months (excluding the resignation period for personal reasons and further education).

Admin primarily exposed me to dealing with people, understanding ZARP policies and how to apply them when handling appeals and punishment requests. The use of commands became more second nature. For me, my focus became the Prop Hunt player base, ensuring that players had a good time, while personally dealing with players who were determined to ruin the experience for everyone. Being Admin has shifted my perspective from general staffing to more dealing with people, both the joys and the toxicity/complications associated with it.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want ):

Experience:
I trust my experience as staff on Prop Hunt and Surf speaks for itself. Given my profession, I do also possess skills in conflict management, conflict resolution, project management, complex problem solving and decision making. I am willing to use these skills and hopefully make a positive contribution within the ZARP Community.

Dedication:
Prop Hunt has been my entry into the community. I have remained dedicated to this server and the game mode I enjoy playing. I currently have the second highest recorded play time on game tracker (557hrs.) for Prop Hunt. A large portion of this time spent staffing rather than playing; ensuring the active players have the best experience possible with minimal to no interference from rule breakers.

Communication:
I am naturally introverted so communication does not necessarily come naturally to me. Honestly, I prefer to observe more than communicate and I don’t speak unless I have something of value to say. However, I do let go of my natural reservations and interact with people even during casual discussions. I am approachable and awkward at the same time.

When it comes to addressing serious situations, however, I am more than capable of communicating with people and identifying the root cause of problems in order to determine a suitable way forward.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
I have had multiple occasions where I have been exposed to hackers. As per ZARP policy, Admins are not permitted to punish hackers. However, I have used the “ulx send anticheat” command many times and have gathered sufficient video footage as well to assist the lead team with dealing with hackers. The policies make it clear what evidence is required to deal with hackers; so as admin even though I may not be able to directly handle it, I sure can help, even when a lead team is not online. As far as in-game is concerned, if I have gathered sufficient credible information, I can continually move the person to the prop team while waiting for a lead team member to come online. In this way the other players are still able to play the game.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
An abuse report from a player would describe the manner in which the player felt wrongfully treated by the staff member. Having the appeal from the player’s perspective, I would consult the staff member to get the events from his/her perspective. I would then determine whether the actions from the staff member justify abuse of power or not. Additional info such as video or picture evidence showing both the actions of the player and the staff member in the situation would also prove useful.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
If the player’s rap sheet or evidence provided clearly proves that the staff member was excessive in their punishment I would first consult the staff member and explain how their actions on the situation are excessive and recommend how such situations can be better approached in future.
I would contact and encourage the player to make a formal appeal regarding their punishment if they have not already. I would then respond formally to the player’s appeal, explaining the extent to which their punishment may be reduced based on the evidence or reasons provided.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would first remove the staff member from the situation, have another staff member handle it or handle it myself directly. Once the staff member has recovered from the situation I would determine what exactly led to the staff member dealing with the situation poorly and provide advice on how to deal with a similar situation more effectively. I would monitor their progress their perspective towards the situation in hindsight. The goal being not to simply deal with the current situation but to also help them develop the skills necessary so that they are capable of handling a situation independently and more appropriately in future.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

If there is tangible evidence from either parties that would definitely help in terms of determining which staff member needs to improve their conduct. However, if no evidence is available, I would have to consult other staff members and players to get a thorough understanding regarding what happened to determine a solution appropriate to the situation. I would also remind both staff members that their actions directly impact the experience of other players on the server as well as the reputation of ZARP and that an important function of staff is to make the experience as fun and enjoyable for everyone.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

If the staff member is behaving poorly with other staff members I would move them immediately to a spacer and determine what the problem is. Once they are more relaxed I would speak to the other staff member on the issue. Depending on the nature of the issue I may choose to discuss the issue with both of them together and determine the way forward. If both staff are too hostile towards the situation I will have separate discussions with them, also reminding both staff members that we need to treat each other with respect regardless of the difficulty in situation.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would immediately remove the staff member from the situation and into a private spacer. I would give the staff member the opportunity to explain the situation and events from their perspective. I would then decide whether the staff member is in fact breaking the rules. If they are I will verbally warn them and remind them of the appropriate conduct for staff members. I would also inform the lead team of the situation and its severity. If the staff member is too hostile and not willing to sit down and discuss the issue I will need to consult other lead team members on the actions and behavior of the staff member and an appropriate way forward.
  • goldauraz
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu.
  • Thanks received: 283
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poltergeist

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329088

Oooooo shit
:plussp:
Get ready for the bio’s simp comment
  • Oscar Bobb
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2034

-Jmt's a big stinking nonce
-Donny's a registered SO
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadMagic, goldauraz

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329089

:support:
We need this to happen.
  • Apollo Freeman
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Most people are do don't, I am do is.
  • Thanks received: 299
Former Prop Hunt Adminstrator
Former TTT Moderator
Former Surf Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: goldauraz

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329091

Better origins story than the Joker. I was in tears by the time you mentioned Biosenic
  • Nogtog
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3435
The following user(s) said Thank You: jam, goldauraz

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329099

Nogtog wrote:
Better origins story than the Joker. I was in tears by the time you mentioned Biosenic
shit now I gotta actually read this app don't I
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • jam
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • o/
  • Thanks received: 1409
ex CM

Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by jam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goldauraz, Nogtog

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329100

Detailed app and good activity. 7 months of prop hunt staffing as well huh
  • Rule
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 1265
Ex-Staff
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Rule.

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329102

Positive member of the community a much needed place in the Prop Hunt lead team!
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329103

• Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329109

• Sir Kribban
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 400
Former
TTT Super Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Minecraft Moderator
Surf Administrator
Murder Moderator

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329110

Very detailed and good application. Very good activity in wich you have gained lots of experience staffing the prophunt server. You are always incredibly helpfull to players just like on surf. Big :support:
  • MadMagic
  • ZARP VIP
  • Sharks go blub
  • Thanks received: 488

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329111

jam wrote:
Nogtog wrote:
shit now I gotta actually read this app don't I

Gold is hands down the nicest person on all Zarp. cares greatly about anything that regards the servers and the forums, incredible application; has simps

• Frank_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • disappointing jazz player
  • Thanks received: 526
-
Ex PropHunt Super Admin
Ex Surf Admin
Ex Murder Admin
Ex PropHunt Section Mod
Ex Ts/Discord Staff
-
Discord:
frankthequiet#2165
-
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadMagic, goldauraz

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329122

I wanna learn afrikaans
  • Poltergeist
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • loud ghost
  • Thanks received: 497
Prop Hunt Super Administrator

Ex-Prop Hunt Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Moderator

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329123

She's alright I guess.

Sally wrote:
Positive member of the community a much needed place in the Prop Hunt lead team!
Kind words from the resident nuclear power station Sally!
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • the truth is i miss you
  • Thanks received: 586
Ex Bhop Head Admin
Ex Surf Head Admin
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by euan.

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329160

I don't play prophunt, but I've only seen good from you on surf.
You got my full support.

Best of luck!
Regards, George.
  • alit
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1819

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 2 weeks ago #1329178

Good luck, gold, you are a shining star in this community!

• Red.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • ✨✨✨
  • Thanks received: 719

Former Deathrun Server Owner
Former Minecraft Super Administrator

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 1 week ago #1329561

Been a great staff member since the beginning, with consistent activity throughout the entire time. More than enough knowledge about staffing. Great person aswell. It's an obvious yes :clap:
  • Diazepam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Not a boomer
  • Thanks received: 27
Ex-Prop Hunt Mod

=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x

[Prop Hunt Super Admin] goldauraz's Application 3 years 1 week ago #1329965

i just time-traveled to friday and youre accepted gg
  • Poltergeist