SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:62834883

Current Gametracker Profiles:
https://www.gametracker.com/player/siren/play.zarpgaming.com:27035/

Estimated Server Time:
22045 minutes (367 hours)

Languages I speak:
English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

I've communicated with players about complaints and dealt with these issues to come to a final conclusion, whether this is reporting bugs or issues on the server or particular players/offenders. Attended many and all meetings I could (except when I am working) to vote for other applicants and improvements on the server, even if the meetings are sometimes a little stale ;) And I've also ran into my fair share of rule-breakers, and this isn't much different than being a mod. Except since being admin these past few months, I have made the deciding factor on how the player is punished via ban, etc. And it's frankly been quite nice having regular staff on as we all work together to keep the server clean.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:

No, it is never good to start with a negative but here we go. I realize I am not really, a part of the leadership team or staff groups; like in Teamspeak or Discord, etc. I'm quite a reserved guy sure and it doesn't help my case here, but I am certainly willing to work with everyone and become more talkative and prove I am responsible and can be a great resource for ideas and creativity. I've even been thinking of server charity events and competitions (much like Uzi's deathrun one) to spark interest and more activity in the community and on the servers, and other marketing and fun stuff like that. I don't want to send you to sleep so you get the idea. I'll stop there.

As a little extra info, I am currently the most active person on Deathrun, with hundreds of hours and ranked #1 it definitely is a positive factor for my application I hope. Showing my dedication and fondness for Zarp and the Deathrun game mode. I also do check the forums almost every day even if there are not many (usually 0) reports. I'm always browsing and being active.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

I don't have many times I can think of due to the powers I get as an Admin, dealing with people is a breeze. All I can think of is some of the times the server had issues and people were getting frustrated and angry. And no one was immediately online to help solve it. Of course, I don't have any ability to fix those kinds of issues but I did my best to tell people what was happening and even made several forum posts on issues so others who weren't yet on the server would know of the problem just-in-case. It's not much of an intense situation but that's what I have been faced with.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

If I was handling an appeal I would post a reply asap that I am handling the report to let other staff members know so no confusion or mishaps occur. Then I would add and attempt to make contact with the person making the report and contact the staff member too. I would ask the reporting player to provide evidence that the staff member broke a rule/rules. Meanwhile, I would gather both sides of their stories to compare with the evidence and help me decide. In the event, the reporting player did not have any evidence, or their story seemed illegitimate or not serious. Or the staff member proved their innocence I would deny the report with this
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

In the event the evidence appeared to be true with no worthy or rational explanation from the staff member, I would accept the report with this:

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would 1st find out or ask the staff member who they banned, I'd gather the players Steam ID so I could check "punishments" and see any prior offenses they have made. I would also ask for any evidence to be passed over from the staff member to myself for viewing. Depending on how severe the offense was at the time, and compared alongside previous punishments, one of two things will happen.

Either the player does not deserve the length of ban time they were handed, or they did. If they did then I would assure the staff member they did the right thing and enforce positive feedback towards them and their actions. However, if the player did not deserve it and the punishment handed out from the staff member seemed to be rather excessive or unfair. I would explain to the staff member how they could have handled the situation better. Even some small advice like contacting a lead team member before making a ban if you are unsure for example. To make sure everything is all fine I would attempt to contact the banned player on Steam to let them know their ban time has been reduced or taken off. And I would do this via the ULX menu in-game, unbanning them via their Steam ID or re-applying a smaller ban time. Similarly, this could be accomplished via the staff member themselves, so I would tell them to do all the steps I have just explained to amend the issue.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

I would ask the staff member what is happening, to gather information on the situation if I were not in-game at the time. Or if I were I would skip straight to intervening. Once I can understand what the user is doing and what type of warning and/or punishment they deserve I would handle the situation myself to avoid any un-wanted altercations between the offender and the staff member as it could cause additional problems. I would then talk with the staff member, asking them what they thought they should have done, and explaining to them how to handle the situation better next time. If this is for a report on the forums, similar actions would take place, with me looking at the evidence and providing a second opinion on the matter, helping the staff member along when they need it.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Just like I would with a staff report on the forums. I would encourage them to make a report so all the information is easily accessible and laid out. In the event they do not do this I would attempt to contact them both to join me on voice chat in Teamspeak or Discord and look at the evidence from both parties myself. I would then deal with this like how I would a report. Perhaps a punishment is required or possibly it is just something to bring up in the lead team meeting. It is quite serious and should be treated as such.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I'd try to be the people pleaser and calm both members down. Attempting to lower the tone and calm the atmosphere. I can usually crack a few good jokes. But in-case this turns out to be a fire that keeps on burning I'd do what I could but in the end, this would be something to bring up in the lead team meeting.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I'd immediately get the staff member to join me on TeamSpeak/Discord to discuss why they are doing what they are doing. Perhaps it could be resolved with a good chat and a stern verbal warning. A little shakeup can sometimes bring someone back to their senses. if they have no real answer or refuse to join me thinking the problem will go away, I will certainly bring out punishments like a demote if what they are doing is abusing their power. The community and staff trust them with this and if it is not to be used positively to enhance the server then it should not be used at all.

The end. I really felt like I just re-wrote the bible here.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • An Old Man
  • Thanks received: 1136
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

The topic has been locked.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153087

interesting :lol:

The only thing i’d like you to work on is your presence, which mostly means coming on teamspeak more, i’ve only really seen you on teamspeak for the meetings.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siren

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153088

I definitely want to, it's just the case of breaking the barrier between being that Siren guy who bhops a lot, to a mate that's joins talks and plays with you guys,

• Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153134

Okay that is epic.

My only concern is your teamspeak presence, should work on that.
I can't really see anything else to add.
Good luck !
  • ImTooFastForYou
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Be #Kyber4PHSO
  • Thanks received: 627

Ex Deathrun Head Administrator
Ex Prop Hunt Super Administrator
Ex Forum Report Abuse Section Moderator
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Discord Admin
Ex TTT Administrator
My Steam !

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153135

ImTooFastForYou wrote:
Okay that is epic.

Good luck !
this is a stupid question but , what does DR have to with TS?
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153136

TheFierceOwl wrote:
ImTooFastForYou wrote:
Okay that is epic.

Good luck !
this is a stupid question but , what does DR have to with TS?

I can tell you it's because being part of the lead team on any server, requires close contact and communication with other staff members of the server/s. Not only to help build relations between you and them but for the sake of showing your commitment to the role and a good attitude to being involved with the staff and any topics that come up during a conversation on TS.

Basically, if you don't join it you miss out on a lot of stuff; opportunities that may arise like giving your input on an issue or suggestion informally outside of just meetings, or good learning points that you can get from speaking to or playing with higher members of staff that will help you out. It's like a healthy thing to do, rather than be part of the community but kind of not, and isolated.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Siren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, ImTooFastForYou, TheFierceOwl

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153377

:plussp:
  • BCAT
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 666
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153385

you're a cool guy

but
to me it feels like you dont care that much about being staff…when i see you on, you really Arent active in chat, it feels like you really only care about the game and not the server.

good luck!
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Cookie Banana.

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153395

2fast4you wrote:
you're a cool guy

but
to me it feels like you dont care that much about being staff…when i see you on, you really Arent active in chat, it feels like you really only care about the game and not the server.

good luck!
i agree with your comment if its true , But i dont see how it can turn out bad for the server . at the end of the day no one cares if he is talkative or silenced , he will protect the server! :clap:
  • TheFierceOwl
  • Banned
  • ❤Finn❤
  • Thanks received: 541

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153407

• Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153413

Jim_Jam wrote:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153430

2fast4you wrote:
you're a cool guy

but

good luck!

I am going to start straight of by saying whenever we have been on the server together. It has been nothing but me being called a tryhard etc. by you. Does this come off as friendly and a good conversation starter? Not really. I am quiet around others that are also quiet or that seem to have no interest in light-hearted conversation.

I care about the server. It's pretty insulting that you'd say otherwise since you don't know me at all. It's the only one I play. I also come on the forums and help out however I can. I type in chat when people type to me, I talk back and have a laugh when people talk and laugh with me. I can guarantee everyone will agree with that. I'm not going to get along with everyone or be friends with every single player and that's just how it is.

I would say caring about the game is just as important as caring for the server. Otherwise what good is a staff member that hates to play on the very thing they are meant to moderate? If banning racist players, gagging mic spammers, being extremely active and dedicated and chill to literally every player I meet on the server isn't enough to show I care, then I am stumped.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Siren
  • Legendary Member
  • An Old Man
Ex Deathrun SA
Ex Murder SA
Ex Bhop Admin
Ex Surf Mod
Ex Graphics Section Mod
Ex TS / Discord Staff

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153433

:support:
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153499

Siren wrote:
2fast4you wrote:
you're a cool guy

but

good luck!

I am going to start straight of by saying whenever we have been on the server together. It has been nothing but me being called a tryhard etc. by you. Does this come off as friendly and a good conversation starter? Not really. I am quiet around others that are also quiet or that seem to have no interest in light-hearted conversation.

I care about the server. It's pretty insulting that you'd say otherwise since you don't know me at all. It's the only one I play. I also come on the forums and help out however I can. I type in chat when people type to me, I talk back and have a laugh when people talk and laugh with me. I can guarantee everyone will agree with that. I'm not going to get along with everyone or be friends with every single player and that's just how it is.

I would say caring about the game is just as important as caring for the server. Otherwise what good is a staff member that hates to play on the very thing they are meant to moderate? If banning racist players, gagging mic spammers, being extremely active and dedicated and chill to literally every player I meet on the server isn't enough to show I care, then I am stumped.

Thanks for the feedback.

just my opinion :blush:
anyways its not up to me and staffing is far from the same thing it used to be, so it really doesnt matter what anyone says at the end, it all comes down to the owner.
  • Cookie Banana
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Make deathrun great again!
  • Thanks received: 137

Make deathrun great again!

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153538

Siren is a class A gentleman and a damn good staff member so Siren you got all of the xxmasters glory!

Give that man applause

Detailed application
Active
Good at his job

Ohh I have MCFALLEN

• XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

[Deathrun Super Admin] Siren's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1153715

When I played Deathrun with Rob, I wouldn't say I was toxic, but more annoying towards Siren and I thought he harbored a deep feeling of hatred towards me, but I was on teamspeak with him the other day and he does seem like a nice guy even though I was toxic, or annoying.
Fair enough to him :plussp: :clap:
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, schnitzel nazi, Siren
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

210 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127