SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:51421282

Current Gametracker Profiles:
www.gametracker.com/player/Tom/play.zarpgaming.com:27017/

Estimated Server Time:
695 hours

Languages I speak:
German and english

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
After applying for TTT moderator 1 year and 2 months ago and collecting a total admin time of over 8 months I feel like I have gathered enough experience with helping other people and handling reports ingame and on the forums. With recently acquiring the Surf SA rank I know I am ready to be a Super Admin on TTT too.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Activity:
I joined zarp over one year ago now and started playing with TTT where I am still stuck until now. In this time I've gathered a total of almost 700 hours of server time and have managed to rank on the top 10 all time server score list. Over the last month I've also managed to acquire quite a bit of activity on Teamspeak and on the Forums and instead of only reading every topic I tend to also post on most of them where I feel like its still needed and something is added.

Attitude:
My attitude is always calm and not only ingame, but also in real life it is almost impossible to make me mad or getting me to rage. I feel like this is very important while staffing as users often try to test us. Otherthan that I'm also always nice and try to help users and fellow staff where I can.

Experience and Trust:
As sad before I have been staff on zarp for quite a time now, starting with being accepted for TTT mod 1 year and 2 months ago. Since then I'v held Super admin rank on Surf and Admin rank on Deathrun and TTT giving me a lot of experience in handling Appeals, Punishment requests, users and reports.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
The main problem TTT admins have is when a hacker joins as we can't directly do something about it. If this happens I try to get some Leadteam member online and while doing so spectate the suspected player and record his movements so he atleast gets punished after the meeting.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
I would first speak with the staff member and the user doing the request getting the full story of both sides and look at the evidence.
Accepted:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Denied:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I would speak with the staff member and see if he had a reason to do so, if not I'd tell the staff member to not be as strict as we want people to enjoy the server. Afer making sure he doesn't do the same mistake again, I would lower the users ban to an appropiate time.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I would jump inbetween the two and try to calm the staff member and maybe user down. Then I would guide the staff member through the report and show him how to do so appropiately so it doesn't repeat.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would speak with both the staff members and would handle it in a similiar way to an report. I would look at the evidence and come to an outcome. If the report is valid I would speak with the staff member and tell him how to do so correclty and bring it up in the LT meeting. If he didn't do a mistake I would re explain the rule to the other staff member making sure he understands it.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I would speak with both the staff members causing the drama and try to help them solve their situation as we always want a nice and calm atmosphere within the staff team, since as just said we should be a team and not a bunch of lonely fighters.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would try to speak with the staff member and get him to stop. If he doesn't react I would feel the need to emergency demote him and in either case bring it up in the next LT meeting.

Extra: I know that my chances are not really the best. I'd just appreciate some feedback on a larger scale than asking everyone one by one.

Oh and sorry that this is no rainbow. I hope you guys can forgive me but I prefer no eye cancer.
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 420

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Tom..
The topic has been locked.

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151047

Tom. wrote:
Languages I speak:
German and english

Tom. wrote:
Oh and sorry that this is no rainbow. I hope you guys can forgive me but I prefer no eye cancer.

Finally, someone who has a little bit of understanding for our rainbow-sensitive eyes. ;)
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Mr. Richard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom.

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151048

:plussp:
  • Buffy
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️ Rex ❤️
  • Thanks received: 2231

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151058

I’m not sure i’ve seen you in the meetings, or at least not very often and not speaking much. That would be my only criticism however i may be mistaken. If you do attend, just try to voice your opinion more as I don’t believe i’ve heard you speak before.
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151059

Eddie. wrote:
I’m not sure i’ve seen you in the meetings, or at least not very often and not speaking much. That would be my only criticism however i may be mistaken. If you do attend, just try to voice your opinion more as I don’t believe i’ve heard you speak before.
I totally agree with you. I'm going to work on that and I have more time sundays now so I can actually attend most of them from now on
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151060

Now despite the play time and all of that stuff I said that this would be a good application and I'm glad you made it.
I don't see anything bad with this as you did have other things to worry about on top of TTT but you have been trying really hard to work on those issues and been doing a dang good job at it so its a :plussp: from me.
  • Darling
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • The Witch House
  • Thanks received: 751

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151077

No eye cancer
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151225

Let me change his mountain into a snow mountain in minecraft

In seriousness though, you could stand out a bit more by talking more in meetings and in general talking to other staff in TS and helping out with what you can LT wise as an admin rn

I do however really like your ability to say something when you want to and aren't afraid of backlash. When you suggested you wished the LT were more on the server, as much as it became a meme it has inspired or reminded a few LT to come on more for example.
  • CeeZee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 678

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151248

Haven't heard you talk much on and off the server, but from what I can see you're a great guy
  • Sisky
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 40
TTT Adminstrator:

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151290

Great surf super admin! I’m sure he’ll do the same!

• OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151292

:support:
  • Sryzo JUKE Squatta
  • Junior Boarder
  • ✓ Practice makes perfect ✓
  • Thanks received: 73
Mr. Asian Andy always harpoonED me :/
#BringbackEddieKurzeKevinandHarryRDMSquatta©™
(EX)TTT Moderator

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151483

I think you’re a great staff member and definitely up for TTT SA as you already are on Surf, giving a lot of experience.
However, I can’t quite remember hearing you much, so maybe you should try improving on that by voicing your opinions more on meetings and such, I do know and can’t forget how freely you spoke of matters like LT not being on the server much, and I’m pleasantly surprised you can be courageous like that, it shows you can be a good leader, but you’re gonna have to speak up a little more :).
Veil Glück, Kamerad!
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151489

I have seen/heard of the work you put into Surf at the moment and, assuming you are going to put the same amount of effort in (which I'm sure you will) I think you have the potential to become a great Super Admin.

My only concern is, well, the fact we have 5 Super Admins already. I don't think we need any new ones for the time being but if you stand out for a few weeks then I'll happily make an exception, and this goes for other candidates too.

EDIT: Also there's the whole "LT don't play enough" situation that happened a few months back. To be perfectly honest, if I was in your situation I would have done the exact same thing (although maybe not as hostile as you did ;) ), I too tend to speak my mind and voice what I think so I can't really hold that against you.

Best of luck!
  • Jim_Jam
  • Former Community Manager
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Jim_Jam.

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151491

Jim_Jam wrote:
I have seen/heard of the work you put into Surf at the moment and, assuming you are going to put the same amount of effort in (which I'm sure you will) I think you have the potential to become a great Super Admin.

My only concern is, well, the fact we have 5 Super Admins already. I don't think we need any new ones for the time being but if you stand out for a few weeks then I'll happily make an exception, and this goes for other candidates too.

EDIT: Also there's the whole "LT don't play enough" situation that happened a few months back. To be perfectly honest, if I was in your situation I would have done the exact same thing (although maybe not as hostile as you did ;) ), I too tend to speak my mind and voice what I think so I can't really hold that against you.

Best of luck!
nah you wouldn’t have done the same cuz ur the one that wasn’t on the server ;)))))
  • Davidov007
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expect me to write, a lot.
  • Thanks received: 757
♠ Ex-TTT Head Administrator ♠

[TTT Super Admin] Tom's Application 4 years 8 months ago #1151541

Jim_Jam wrote:

Best of luck!
Thanks for your feedback. I'm not too sure about what I wrote in that situation anymore but I think I was doing it in a pretty professional non hostile manner and most of the LT members just felt extremely offended by me saying that.
  • Tom.
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Surf Head Administrator
Surf Super Administrator
TTT Administrator
Bhop Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
TeamSpeak Administrator
Discord Administrator