Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119761

_________________________________________________________________________________

Martin's Application
SSRP Super Admin
_________________________________________________________________________________

Steam Name:
Martin

Time Zone:
CET / CEST

Link to Steam Profile:
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111504494

What server are you applying for?
SSRP

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:75619383

Current Gametracker Profiles:

Estimated Server Time:
~ 580 hours

Languages I speak:
German (native) and English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

In my time as an administrator, i've learned how to deal with all kinds of situations. I can confidently and professionally handle most scenarios you can come across as an administrator. My knowledge of the rules has also drastically improved over time. Being a staff members in the long term requires you to continuosly work on yourself and I think, I've managed that quite well.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Personal Dedication
I've been in the SSRP staff team for about six months now, and I've always made sure to put good effort and time into the server. I've only had one inactivity period, which lasted for about a week. Whenever there are unhandled requests and I've got time, I make sure to handle them and also try to encourage other staff members to help me out, when I get overwhelmed with them. Even when I'm busy, I try to frequently check the forums for reports or requests.

Staff Experience
Needles to say, in my time as a staff member I've continuosly improved uppon my abilities. My knowledge of the rules has grown to a very extensive level. I've gotten very confident, when it comes to handling reports and requests. Lately, I've also participated in almost all staff training sessions and even got to train a staff member myself.

Forum Activity
Whenever I'm not active ingame, I've got the forums opened on my second monitor. If a new punishment request / appeal comes in, I'm happy to handle it. I always make sure to extensively look at every request / appeal I handle and ask other staff members on their oppinion in order to handle them as best as I can.

Teamspeak Activity
I'm also quite active on teamspeak. So far, I've only missed a hand full of staff meetings for personal reasons. In meetings, I always make sure to voice my oppinion on applicants and I help out, wherever I can. Outside meetings, I'm on teamspeak most of the day and I usually respond pretty quickly. I frequently talk to other users, staff members and lead team members.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

One night on server one, I was running around spawn minding my own business. I saw two players fighting each other with PSG's. I was just about to go offline, but I noticed some weird movement patterns on one of the players. Out of curiosity I watched him for a little while. It became rather obvious, that he was using a modified client. At one point, he even pulled a 180 degree turn and immediately landed a headshot on his friend.

After I saw that, I was certain. Unfortunately at the time of witnessing the situation, no lead team member was online, but due to the hacking policy I couldn't do anything. I immediately tried to contact a lead team member via other methods (I think it was steam at the time), but I didn't get an answer.

I proceeded to watch and additionally record the suspect, in case he left the server without being checked on. Luckily, after about ten minutes a lead team member responded to me and joined the server, before the suspect could leave. The suspect ended up being banned, after he rejoined the server with his modified client.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

After reviewing the report and the provided evidence, I would try to get in contact with the person that reported the staff member to get more information about what exactly went down, if needed. After that, I would contact the accused staff member and talk to him about the report.

I would make sure to remind him of his duties and his representative position within the community. If the report turns out to be invalid and the staff member did nothing wrong, I would end up denying the report. Otherwise I would, of course depending on the severity of the offense, bring it up in the next lead team meeting. Even if the offense doesen't need to be brough up in the lead team meeting, I would at least make sure to let the other lead team members know about what happened.

In all cases, I would make sure to tell the reporting player about my thought process and reasoning, so he doesen't feel mistreated. Transparency is a very important part of the process.

Example Response (Accepted) [ Click to expand ]

Example Response (Denied, Lack of evidence) [ Click to expand ]

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would first of all approach the staff member calmly and ask him why he decided to ban the player for said amount of time. If his reasoning seems valid, I would tell him, that he did a good job and leave him alone. If his reasoning seems too weak for said amount of time, I would tell him that the punishment seems excessive, provide him with advice for similar situations in the future and finally reduce the punishment.

Throughout the situation, it's important to remain calm. Otherwise the staff member could get overly deffensive about the punishment and his abilities as an administrator. It's also important to remind him that everyone makes mistakes and that this doesen't make him a bad staff member.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

After watching the situation for some time, I would approach the staff member privately and ask him, if he needs help. If he refused my offer, I would continue to watch him, as to assure that everyone gets treated fairly. If the staff member fails to get the situation under control or asks for help, I would take over.

After dealing with the situation, I would guide the staff member through the situation again and explain my throught process. I would make sure that the staff member knows how to handle those kinds of situations in the future and explain to him that everybody makes mistakes.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

I would first of all seperate the two staff members and talk to them individually. I would approach the accusing staff member first to find out what happened and collect proof, if neccesary. In those kinds of situations it always important that you're not biased and you're not assuming anything.

After gathing information and proof, I would approach the accused staff member. I would explain what the accusing staff member told me and show him the evidence they provided. I would then ask him for the reasoning behind his actions. If the accused staff member broke rules, I would make sure to remind him of his duties and his representative position within the community.

Depending on the severity of the situation, I would bring it up in the next lead team meeting. Again, if the situation is not brough up in the next lead team meeting, I would still let the other lead team members know about it. After that, I would tell both staff members, what happened and why it happened. Again, in this situation it's also important, that both sides are clear on why action was / wasn't taken to avoid them feeling unfairly treated.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would first try to de-escalate the situation to avoid further negative behavior. I would then approach the staff member that initiated the argument to find out how it started. I would make sure to remind him that staff members should always act civil and tasteful towards each other and tell him that he shouldn't show negative behavior like this again. Depending on the severity of the situation, I would bring it up in the next lead team meeting. Again, if it's not brough up in the next lead team meeting, I would still make sure to let the other lead team members know about what happened.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

I would first stop the staff member from causing any further harm and talk to them individually. I would calmly ask them why they broke rules and remind them of their representative position within the community. After getting the reasoning behind their actions, I would tell them that they mustn't break any further rules and that this will be brough up in the next lead team meeting. I would make sure to inform as many lead team members as possible about the situation, aswell.

I would proceed to watch the staff member every now and then until the lead team meeting comes up to ensure that they're following the rules properly. If they deliberately continue to harm the experience of oher players by breaking rules, I would have to take their powers away until the next lead team meeting, where his behavior would be discussed further.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119763

• Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119764

There is nothing bad I can say about this guy. He is consistently active, helps the community massively, and massively contributes to the server. He is the only reason I am staff and still on the server. He helps new players and is very happy to help all players. There is not going to be a better candidate for super admin. There is nothing else to say but :plussp:
  • Woggles
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 62
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator

"I Airstriked Spawn."
"I would like to say by unconsciousness the fact of wanting and power is not the same thing" -Sinz

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119766

Straight in there from Martin get in son
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119773

A very active and benevolent member of the community. You've had a very consistently high F1 count troughout the last month and a half, You also do your best to do as many Appeals and Reports on the Forums as you can. The activity, in general, is no issue and your meeting presence and contribution is solid. Also an important thing to mention is that You've been spectating my trainings the last 4-5 weeks and also, last week, trained a new Administrator under the supervision of .uzi which i heard - went well. A bit more forum presence could do you some good but that's not something that should affect you.

Best of luck!

Edit: Also, I like how you always write those long and constructive feedback(s?) on applications of people who are applying to help them improve. The only people I've seen do this are Rick Johnson and yourself.

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Mr. Richard. Reason: Edit:

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119781

The man trained me to become a Administrator and did a great job. he is always friendly to me and wishes the best of luck to everyone. i see him active everyday and is always doing his best so i see nothing wrong with this man getting this role

:plussp:
  • Faithful
  • Community Manager
  • That Irish guy™
  • Thanks received: 377

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119795

:minussp:

holds grudges | has the green top | i just don't want you to be super admin you applied right after nafe and sorle resigned and theres people who are more qualified for this position nothing personal.
  • the illest satan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Figures and numbers, all in my account.
  • Thanks received: 632

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119804

One of the best staff members IMO :plussp:
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by CBT.

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119805

Tramaxan wrote:
:minussp:

holds grudges | has the green top | i just don't want you to be super admin you applied right after nafe and sorle resigned and theres people who are more qualified for this position nothing personal.
He began writing this a few days ago mate. I don't think he deliberately waited for people to resign to post it.
  • CBT
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 75
-Calvin Johnson

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119806

The seat is still warm.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119809

Man like Martian :plussp:
  • jazzie
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Still Working
  • Thanks received: 99

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119877

:plussp: is a mini Richard
  • spicydoggo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 389
僕はときどきぼっきする勇気がある
ex-SSRP ADMIN 2x
Gang Owner

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119878

Ima do this ur style.

Hey Martin,

you are honestly one of the most chill people on the server. I’ve never personally had a issue with you at all! Your staffing definitely is professional, and you have obviously put a absolute shat ton of time into this application, you are a great role model for new staff members and I hope one day I could impact this community like you do. You display a very professional staff member and I’ve been seeing you actively on the fourms handling requests and such and giving very good feedback to people. It shows your dedication and that you don’t just want some blue tag near your name. Good luck.
:support:
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119888

Martin 4super admin :plussp: !
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 1191

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1119891

I have nothing against you but i think you need to have more authority to manage the staff team.
The staff team is currently aids, pretty sure nobody does F1's correctly or are they even made ?
Anyways, you need to push more admins & mods to do F1's more, interact more with them because becoming SA is not just only being active on TS, in game and on the forums, you need to be known, you need alot of authority and you need to interact with the LT, the community and the staff members.
Imo i don't think you're ready to become SA, but you're still the best candidate to be promoted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS, Martin

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1120081

Bump, more feedback is always appreciated!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1120257

:support: Yes yes yes yes :clap: :clap: :zarp: :zarp:
  • Bopper
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Wells ily
  • Thanks received: 174
Bloated server
Reset to 2016 standards

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1120555

#DemoteMartin
  • BonesKnows
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 13

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1120572

A huge thank you to everyone, who had the patience to read through my application and give feedback so far!
As I said, I'm continuosly trying to improve uppon my abilities. By giving feedback you're making that process a lot easier, because it tells what areas I have to focus on. Thanks!
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

[SSRP Super Admin] Martin's Application 4 years 11 months ago #1120627

Gives me a Thanks
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox