Steam Name: .uzi

Time Zone: GMT+0

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/defrrdClock/

What server are you applying for? SSRP

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:63666159

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Estimated Server Time: ~100 hours

Languages I speak: English

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:

My time as an admin on SSRP has been a fantastic opportunity to explore a new gamemode within Garry's Mod I was previously never interested in; so much so that I now predominantly play it.

After becoming a moderator (for the 2nd time lol) I was able to resolve a lot of the concerns or otherwise fill the gaps in my knowledge and confidence of the gamemode and the rules that are written around it. Based off this, I feel a lot more confident in handling any situation that is reported by a player. I have learnt a lot in this time: both about how to police the server most efficiently but at the same time about the gamemode itself. That being said, I still have a lot to learn and I'm determined to progress not only within the community but within the SSRP staff team itself.

All SSRP servers the FAdmin system as its core moderation tool - of which I was not familiar with when I first became a moderator. Meaning that I have had to familiarise myself with a new moderation tool as previous servers I have staffed (namely Prophunt and TTT) utilise ULX.

I have gotten to know new faces (some of which are even in the staff team) of the SSRP playerbase that I never would have been introduced to before and done my best to leave a good first impression that will make players happy knowing that Arthur Townley is coming to help them. You cannot please everybody but I believe it's important to try and at least be civil with as many members of the communities as possible.

In summarium, being not just a regular player but also a staff member has provided me with the opportunity to not only learn many things about SSRP and the DarkRP gamemode in general but, also how to police it to the standard that is expected by the SSRP lead team but also the Community Management team.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):

Here is a TL;DR for anyone who can't be arsed to read the wall of text below:

Pros:
  • Previous experience in the lead team on other ZARP servers (TTT, Prophunt).
  • Extremely reliable: I have exceeded the activity expectation every week since I was accepted this time around.
  • High availablility: I am almost always available to be contacted via Steam or Discord.
  • Presence within the community: As an active teamspeak user and forum browser/poster/moderator I am constantly active in other pockets of the community.
  • Good attitude and demeanor: I am determine to help someone whenever asked.

Cons:
  • Less experience than other potential candidates
  • Limited availablility to join game servers (I work from 8-4 mostly on weekdays, meaning I am not available to log on until after 5pm typically)

Here's my wall of text for anyone who gives a shit to read it:

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE

I have held several staff positions within the community since I joined back in September 2016. Discussing lead team roles explicitly, I have held lead team positions on two pointshop servers in the past: TTT and Prophunt. In both positions, I have been able to continue to develop and flesh out my leadership skills and qualities that are essential for Super/Head Admin roles anywhere in the community.

It's not really fair of me to say "I was a good lead team member for X and Y"; you'd have to ask the right people for their opinion on that. I can say with confidence however that I felt I did a great job at being a not only a leader but a body within the team that people can to turn for help whenever they need it. Previously, SSRP was almost like a black sheep in my eyes amongst all other servers. I wanted nothing to do with it back in the TTT Head Admin uzi days - I have since changed my tune.

RELIABILITY

If I can't meet the activity requirement legitimately I won't get it at all. I very much prioritise my principles over my image: sacrificing such an important quality like integrity is downright silly for the sake of just making the mark that's expected of you. If I can't deliver something, or otherwise fulfill a promise, I won't promise it.

I know my limits and when I can surpass them but also when to respect them. Being this type of person has its drawbacks admittedly but in my eyes it is crucial to be that reliable person who might not be able to do everything, rather than the person who claims they can do everything but infact does nothing.

ACTIVITY

Most of my spare time is dedicated to ZARP. Sure, I like to play other games at times but I always make sure to check the forums daily; join teamspeak daily and do my best to surpass the minimum activity requirement for all SSRP staff. I also try to handle forum reports and appeals as often as I can, I have handled quite a few since I became admin but I'll continue to handle them as I go on.

I'm not known for being that 'inactive staff member who does fuck all', relating to my point about reliability: if I can't make the requirement then I won't. I'll make it clear to all appropriate parties that I won't be able to satisfy the requirement.

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

My admin rank is not the only rank I hold within the ZARP community. Currently, I am a member of the forum staff team. I hold the section moderator rank for General Discussions and Prophunt - I'm keen to take on more sections in the future!

I am often lingering in the ZARP teamspeak somewhere. Sometimes I'm in the Prismatic (public) lobby or I'll be cutting about in one of the chat rooms - I enjoy meeting new folks who haven't spoken to me before who happen to join the same channel I am also in.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:

On several occasions, I have seen reports being made in-game concerning a staff member potentially breaking a rule. I often leave those for the online lead team staff however in instances where there are none, I take the liberty to talk to the reporting party to determine what happened. These reports almost always end up being misinformed - the reality is the reporting party doesn't fully understand a rule or didn't know the full story from the other person's perspective.

Should the reporting party still be determined to report the staff member, I always refer them to the report abuse section on the forums and the specific topic they need to read. I'm always prepared to stand by them to answer questions they may have while they are creating the forum report. Saying that, I don't think any of the players have actually gone through with the report in the end.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:

Similar to a report on a regular player, it is important to establish all sides to the story by discussing the report with the reporting and reported parties.

Starting with the reporting party, I would (if possible) get them into teamspeak so we can establish what happened, what evidence they have and what the staff member potentially has done wrong. There's a lot of angles to handling a report abuse, I can discuss infinitely however it is important to establish the facts in the form of evidence to support the claims. No evidence = no case, not much can be done unless I was lucky enough to witness the staff member misbehaving.

Conversely, I would then ask the reported party to join teamspeak (the same channel as the reporting party) so we can consult them on their side of the story while also asking them to provide any evidence they might deem appropriate to supply. From there we can work out: what's factual and provable, what details are missing and whether or not the reported party is actually culpable of misconduct in any way.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?

I would take the staff member aside somehow, if it's ingame it would be the admin area or optimally in teamspeak to a seperate channel/spacer. I would then discuss with them, the motive behind their excessive ban. It is very easy for someone to be excessively harsh on a player especially when the rule broken affected them directly. However, the most important thing to establish is what the staff member did wrong and what they should do in the future to avoid making the same mistake: that way, they (in theory) should learn from their mistake.

Not only discussing the motive, I would also negotiate with them to reduce the ban to a duration that is fairer but is firm enough to be deemed sensible for the related rule(s) broken.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?

Initially I would ask them for help. If they refuse, I won't immediately get involved but I would keep an eye on how they are doing to ensure they are making progress. If they are still struggling even after that I would then step in to assist.

Rather than dragging the report on longer than it needs to be, I would very briefly familiarise myself with the report and the facts we have at hand in order to get right in the fray. In this particular scenario, it is more than likely going to be a new staff member who may not immediately have the right knowledge/tools at hand to deal with the report promptly.

From there, I would take control of the report and safe the staff member from potentially embarrassing themself by making a silly mistake. Once complete I would take a moment of their time to go over the report with them and understand what they were finding difficult to comprehend or find. Once the core issues are satisfied I would clarify with them to make sure they understand what to do next time and also to ask for help whenever they need it.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?

Much like the question above, it is important to establish what happened from both perspectives.

While attempting to gain as much information as possible on the situation about the situation alongside any evidence that may be important. If the accused was indeed breaking rules, depending on whether or not it's happened before I would explain to them that they should not be doing what they did and instead advise them on what they should be doing to avoid it happening again in the future. If the accused was not breaking rules, I would take some time to clarify to the accusing staff why they were not breaking rules and answer any questions they may have.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?

I would take both staff members aside to determine what caused the staff member to be disrespectful. If it is a minor incident, I would explain that all staff should do their best to hold their temper rather than throwing a tantrum and misrepresenting the server/staff team. Should they have any questions I'd be willing to answer them. I would also advise them that if they have an issue with another member of staff they should contact the lead team to sort it out rather than charging in themself head-on and potentially causing more problems.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?

Rather than making a big scene, I would take the staff member aside as soon as possible to confront them on their actions. I feel it is important to establish why they are breaking rules when they should not only be upholding them but also following them. As demeaning as it sounds, I would reiterate to them that as a staff member they are expected to not only uphold the rules but also follow them while also referring to the staff ethos and rights and responsibilities topics. I would also inform them that the rest of the lead team will be notified of this and the punishments will escalate if they continue to misbehave.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1069709

Better candidates
:minussp:
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1069712

A Good Pianist wrote:
Better candidates
:minussp:
They're not applying though :dry:
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1070319

Get this bumped boys
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1070376

:support:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1070393

Yeah
:plussp:
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1070415

By the looks of it, you're getting this rank before me!

:omegalul:

Alright, here comes the constructive reply:

You have all the required factors of becoming a SSRP Super Administrator apart from one thing, rule/situation knowledge. Your activity is consistent, the application is very detailed, nicely written, and it can be seen that you put time into making it. You are also a benevolent guy, and the best part, which i love about you is the fact that you sound like the fucking Houston mission control!

Back to the rule/situation knowledge. I still, personally feel that you haven't done enough F1's and Report Abuses/Appeals to gather enough experience. Imagine being a SA and a Moderator/Administrator comes and asks you a question which you don't know an answer to, would be kinda weird, wouldn't it?

But overall i think you are more than fit for the position, you were also a Prop Hunt LT, and that is also a plus which will be taken into consideration in the Lead Team meeting. I feel as you could staff a bit more before applying, but good luck either way!

With appreciation,

Richard Wright
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Mr. Richard.

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1070416

Dr Richard wrote:
By the looks of it, you're getting this rank before me!

:omegalul:

Alright, here comes the constructive reply:

You have all the required factors of becoming a SSRP Super Administrator apart from one thing, rule/situation knowledge. Your activity is consistent, the application is very detailed, nicely written, and it can be seen that you put time into making it. You are also a benevolent guy, and the best part, which i love about you is the fact that you sound like the fucking Houston mission control!

Back to the rule/situation knowledge. I still, personally feel that you haven't done enough F1's and Report Abuses/Appeals to gather enough experience. Imagine being a SA and a Moderator/Administrator comes and asks you a question which you don't know an answer to, would be kinda weird, wouldn't it?

But overall i think you are more than fit for the position, you were also a Prop Hunt LT, and that is also a plus which will be taken into consideration in the Lead Team meeting. I feel as you could staff a bit more before applying, but good luck either way!

With appreciation,

Richard Wright

Very fair criticism and 100% understandable - thank you for posting.

That's probably my biggest weakness. I'm applying because, well why the hell not? I foresee this getting denied and I won't even be mad, I totally agree that my experience could be improved and I'm happy to wait until the current LT feels I'm ready to progress.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Richard

[SSRP Super Admin] Uzi's Application 5 years 3 months ago #1071146

Bring up my post
  • .uzi