RP Name: Arthur Townley
Time Zone: BST
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/defrrdClock/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63666159
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/.uzi/darkrp.zarpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - N/A
Server 3 - N/A

Estimated Server Time: Probably around 20 hours?

Languages I speak: English

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario:

Random Death Match - often abbreviated to “RDM” - is when a player kills another player(s) without a sufficient RP motive.

Some example scenarios:
Player A kills everyone in spawn because he feels like it.
Player B, who is a hitman, randomly kills Player C who does not have a hit on them and is trying to sell off all their gems in the fountain district.
Player D, who is a cop, guns down Player E who is talking to the Bail NPC to bail out his friend.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:

The New Life Rule (often abbreviated to “NLR”) prevents players from entering and roleplaying in a district they were killed in for 3 minutes. Police are exempt from this rule in the mining/police district or when attempting to stop an ongoing nuke or bank robbery.

Some example scenarios:
Player A, who is a hitman, attempts to kill Player B to claim a hit in the fountain district but fails. Should Player A return to the fountain district within the 3 minute cool down period, he would be breaking the NLR.
Player C is attempting to stop a bank robbery as SWAT. He gets killed by Player D - who is currently robbing the bank. Player C returns to the bank to try and stop it again, this would not be breaking NLR.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

Since player x is the accusing party - and most likely making the F1 - I would take player x to a suitable area to get their side of the story, e.g. a rooftop or admin area.

When confronting player x, it is important to establish what happened at least from their perspective. This would give you a first impression of the situation and whether or not you need to confront player y - player x’s explanation could debunk the RDM accusation, e.g. he was raiding the bank vault and player y killed him as a cop.

Should I have to confront player y, I would bring him to me and ask him the same questions to get his side of the story. From there I would have to analyse any inconsistencies in their stories - it is very easy for a player to lie about a situation to get their way.

If there are any notable inconsistencies that would greatly influence the outcome of the F1, I would advise player x to create a forum report with sufficient evidence of their side of the story as it would allow for the report to be handled without making any inaccurate assumptions.

However, if there was sufficient clause to prove that player y did RDM, I would check their rap sheet to see if they have been punished before. If the player is undoubtably new to the server, a verbal warning would be sufficient as they still be learning the game mode and are not used to the rules yet (this would be a good time to briefly explain the RDM rule).

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

Much like the scenario described above, I would question both parties to gain an insight into what’s happened to allow me to make a call on whether or not NLR was actually broken.

If player y had been known to break NLR quite frequently I’d give them a fresh warning for it. However if it seems like they are relatively new to SSRP I would verbally warn them and remind them how the NLR rule works.

Why I should be chosen(we recommend around 150 words):

I have only started recently playing SSRP as I was initially quite anxious to play regularly as I was not familiar with the concept of “semi-serious RP”. Before I started playing I was given an overview of the game mode and the rules by dankek as I did not want to end up being reported within the first 10 minutes of playing.

I have since tried many different features (that are easily accessible to a new player) and I am a lot more confident in my understanding of the game mode and it’s associated rules.

While playing I currently make an attempt to report every incident that constitutes a rule being broken to keep the pesky players at bay.

I have been staff on TTT, Prop Hunt and Deathrun in my time in ZARP but never fully committed to becoming SSRP staff. I am keen to seek out new challenges and the opportunity to learn new things, of which, becoming staff on SSRP would be. This is an entirely new game mode to me and I foresee this to be an incredibly enjoyable experience for me both in the short and long run.

I class myself as a reliable, engaged and incorruptible individual who not only has a drive to learn and grow within the ZARP community but a drive to be the best I can be. I am a very analytical thinker who will consult the facts in a situation and not let them be tampered by someone’s subjective opinion.

On paper, I feel I am a good candidate however, I also know when a suitable is not right for me and will withdraw should the situation ask for it.

As a side note, I am trying my best to improve my gametracker timer but we all know how unreliable it can be.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .uzi.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1048508

:support:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1048511

You had, and you will once again, have my vote.

:plussp:
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1049495

Bump, some more feedback (especially regarding activity) would be great!
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1049500

.uzi wrote:

I forgot to say, i'm not sure what the hell is wrong with these GameTrackers. I saw you online every day in the last week and a half and still, the GameTracker isn't recording it at all, i will definitely vouch for the activity part.
  • Mr. Richard
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 5418

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1049506

Dr Richard wrote:
.uzi wrote:

I forgot to say, i'm not sure what the hell is wrong with these GameTrackers. I saw you online every day in the last week and a half and still, the GameTracker isn't recording it at all, i will definitely vouch for the activity part.

I think it's just a bit dodgy recording time for DarkRP when you don't get any kills. A kill in Gmod increases your score which shows up on Gametracker so I'm making the effort to join DM events and raid peeps so my score goes up which seems to be doing the trick now.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?

[SSRP Moderator] uzi's Application 5 years 5 months ago #1050306

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRP! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

We just wanted to say Congratulations! The staff team has voted to accept your application, which means you’re now a part of the ZARP staff.

Before you get started, another admin will help train you on the server and get you setup with your new rank. There’s also a handy guide created by the community which should help you get up to speed with your new menus & commands. And don’t forget you can always ask another staff member if you’re not sure about something

ZARP DarkRP Staff Meeting – Every Saturday 7PM UTC

There’s a weekly staff meeting for the server at the above time, which is held on the ZARP Teamspeak server (IP: ts.zarpgaming.com). You now get a vote on the new staff members and we’ll keep you up to date with new events and server updates at the meeting.

Congratulations and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

211 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun