Time Zone: BST (England)
Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/cosmos-man/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91476459
server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/cosmos%20man/...arpgaming.com:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/cosmos%20man/...arpgaming.com:27025/
Server 3- Not played on before

Estimated server time: 72 hours total
Languages I speak: English and french

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario: Random Death Match or RDM is where one player kills another player with no reason, or just randomly. Hence the name. E.g. Player x kills player y, while player y was afk.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario: the new life rule or NLR, is the rule that in order to keep roleplay somewhat realistic, once a player has died, they cannot return to the place of death for a certain amount of time. (On Zarp servers this is about 3 mins). An example of this could be: player X raided player Y, and killed them in the process. Player y then returns to his base and kills player X, therefore breaking NLR.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would ask for both sides of the story, and then ask player Y for their reason for killing them. Then I would check the logs if necessary, and make a verdict. If player Y was guilty, a warning or maybe a short ban (depending on if they had recent similar offences)

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would ask where the kills happened, then judge how long it would take a player to get to that location. If it would take longer than the time of NLR (3 mins), then It would be breaking NLR. Then I would punish the offender in an apprpriate way. (warning or a short ban for repeated offences)

Why I should be chosen(we recommend around 150 words):
I love garry's mod, and I personally think that the Zarp servers are one of the best. I always seem to have a good ping on the servers and I think that the players are fun to be around and it is a strong community. However, there is room for improvement. There always seems to be a player who loves to RDM or just generally break the rules, and I would love to be able to help in stopping this kind of activity fairly and effectively. I am a decent player, and I don't often harass other players or authority figures, but I am guilty of breaking NLR once or twice, and I think its hard not to sometimes! But a problem I often face is that there isn't always many admins online, and it will take a long time for my f1 to get answered. But if I was a moderator of the server, then I would try my hardest to help people in need. To conclude, I am a well mannered and generally nice guy, so I am easy to approach and will always be on the lookout for perpetrators.
  • Cosmos Man
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Sally. Reason: Fixed Some Errors
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Cosmos Man's Application 5 years 9 months ago #967706

Thanks for applying for staff at ZARP DarkRp! During our weekly staff meeting your application, question answers, game trackers and in-game warnings are checked and then the staff team votes on your application.

This time, the staff team have decided that you still need to work on your application and then apply again next week. To try and help you they have summarised some positives & negatives discussed during the meeting:

Recent punishments.

You can apply again at any time, and thanks for supporting ZARP!

• EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza