Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coding

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #664764

Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:
I hope this isn't your first time coding, because coding in gmod wouldn't be the best start.

True and false, it all depends what your previous experience has to offer. Sometimes it can be a good thing to have a base like gmod so you don't have to start from scratch. That way you can actually create cool stuff without getting bored of it too quickly. However having this as your first experience can be rather difficult/annoying to do when you go to a language like Java where you have to create JPanels, Frames and all that stuff.
I'd recommend to start of firstly with learning basic html and CSS just to learn the logic and structure of coding, if someone is completely new to the coding scene. Then it would be easier to learn and understand another language
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
  • Thanks received: 1318
Login or register to post a reply.

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #664841

el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:
I hope this isn't your first time coding, because coding in gmod wouldn't be the best start.

True and false, it all depends what your previous experience has to offer. Sometimes it can be a good thing to have a base like gmod so you don't have to start from scratch. That way you can actually create cool stuff without getting bored of it too quickly. However having this as your first experience can be rather difficult/annoying to do when you go to a language like Java where you have to create JPanels, Frames and all that stuff.
I'd recommend to start of firstly with learning basic html and CSS just to learn the logic and structure of coding, if someone is completely new to the coding scene. Then it would be easier to learn and understand another language

That's only true if you're looking to make a website. My goal when i started was to create cool games so i started with C++.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #664843

Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:

That's only true if you're looking to make a website. My goal when i started was to create cool games so i started with C++.
My point is that learning html and CSS is very simple and a good start for beginners as it would teach them structure and logic. Which is very important, to understand a code. Then they could easily move on to learning another language, whether it being C++ or something else.
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #665020

el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:

My point is that learning html and CSS is very simple and a good start for beginners as it would teach them structure and logic. Which is very important, to understand a code. Then they could easily move on to learning another language, whether it being C++ or something else.

Sure but I still stand for my point thinking of what you want to to, wheter that be making websites or whatever, then search what's the best language to accomplish such thing, If you're looking into learning a basic understanding of object oriented tasks then pick python considering how easy that is to get started on.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #665077

Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:

Sure but I still stand for my point thinking of what you want to to, wheter that be making websites or whatever, then search what's the best language to accomplish such thing, If you're looking into learning a basic understanding of object oriented tasks then pick python considering how easy that is to get started on.
Unfortunately my teacher picked Java for us to learn and test us with last year, this year Il try to learn pyton as well. Python looks similar to Java and should be easy to learn as well
  • el une spodermun
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ex retard
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by el une spodermun.

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #665087

el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
el une spodermun wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Narexa wrote:

Unfortunately my teacher picked Java for us to learn and test us with last year, this year Il try to learn pyton as well. Python looks similar to Java and should be easy to learn as well

Yeah it's like a simplified version of it
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Coding 6 years 7 months ago #665098

• Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, el une spodermun
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

254 PLAYERS ONLINE