Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd!

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782475

EMP wrote:
Fork wrote:
As an American and a Trump supporter, Net Neutrality is useless it's a waste of our internet's valuable resources. Picture this: You have 400 horny guys looking at a picture of Kate Upton, and while some people are trying to log into Facebook etc. That's using alot of bandwidth for no reason and some amenities Ex. Hospital are needing the internet to access medical files of a patient who is dying and they need to see his past medical history. Which is why you've got Net Neutrality which prevents this by giving everyone "equal" bandwidth and that's just not a very smart move by the Democrats, the Republicans are wanting to repeal it in-order to allow our internet to grow and advance. The people who need the internet the most you would pay like an additional $5 more for a internet "fast-lane" added to your account so you can get a higher speed of download and upload. It's a win-win especially for gamers.
I'd love to see the evidence of people looking at pictures taking up bandwidth enough to somehow make it so hospitals don't get enough bandwidth. Clearly a hospital would be paying much more the the average joe for internet because of the scale of the internet they would be requiring would be much larger then required for you own home. As a Republican even I can see as history dictates this is not a good idea. The only people that want his are the internet companies because they see an opportunity to make insane amounts of money. I highly doubt that you would see only a $5 increase to use such services. Its much more likely you'll have to pay extra for specific services you want so these companies can increase their profit margins. This is not at all covering the true reason why these ISP's wanted the change, so that they can charge big companies huge amounts of money to make their service the preferred one. By either blocking access completely to competition or by throttling the competition. In that world ISP companies would charge services tons of money to be the priority service provider. This happened before with companies throttling Netflix but allowing uncapped access to XBox live. Why did they do this because Microsoft made a deal with them because they could afford to. But what about all those companies that can't afford to compete like that. As more and more things turn to the internet companies will definitely take advantage of this to screw over the consumer because the money they could make doing it is absolutely insane. It pushes us towards an internet that doesn't exist as it is today with the vast freedom of information and ideas to one of corporate interests and profit. They will be looking for every and anyway to make the most possible money. I mean imagine if an ISP went to a company and said you give us x amount of money and your website will be the only website of this type people can access. That company agrees and because they now hold a monopoly over that area they can charge consumers what ever they want for them to be able to access the service. Don't want to have to pay, well sucks to suck because you can only access that one site. I can't see how this would be helpful at all in my state where only one company actually has the right to lay cable and build infustrcture. Hopefully they arn't totally dicks about this because if they are there is not another same grade ISP to turn to. The only other company has to buy from the first company who like I said before is the only company in Idaho legally able to lay cable.

But what about the dying people in hospitals!?!??!?!!? /s
  • loxeo
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • how do you do?
  • Thanks received: 240
Login or register to post a reply.

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782476

loxeo wrote:
EMP wrote:
Fork wrote:
As an American and a Trump supporter, Net Neutrality is useless it's a waste of our internet's valuable resources. Picture this: You have 400 horny guys looking at a picture of Kate Upton, and while some people are trying to log into Facebook etc. That's using alot of bandwidth for no reason and some amenities Ex. Hospital are needing the internet to access medical files of a patient who is dying and they need to see his past medical history. Which is why you've got Net Neutrality which prevents this by giving everyone "equal" bandwidth and that's just not a very smart move by the Democrats, the Republicans are wanting to repeal it in-order to allow our internet to grow and advance. The people who need the internet the most you would pay like an additional $5 more for a internet "fast-lane" added to your account so you can get a higher speed of download and upload. It's a win-win especially for gamers.
I'd love to see the evidence of people looking at pictures taking up bandwidth enough to somehow make it so hospitals don't get enough bandwidth. Clearly a hospital would be paying much more the the average joe for internet because of the scale of the internet they would be requiring would be much larger then required for you own home. As a Republican even I can see as history dictates this is not a good idea. The only people that want his are the internet companies because they see an opportunity to make insane amounts of money. I highly doubt that you would see only a $5 increase to use such services. Its much more likely you'll have to pay extra for specific services you want so these companies can increase their profit margins. This is not at all covering the true reason why these ISP's wanted the change, so that they can charge big companies huge amounts of money to make their service the preferred one. By either blocking access completely to competition or by throttling the competition. In that world ISP companies would charge services tons of money to be the priority service provider. This happened before with companies throttling Netflix but allowing uncapped access to XBox live. Why did they do this because Microsoft made a deal with them because they could afford to. But what about all those companies that can't afford to compete like that. As more and more things turn to the internet companies will definitely take advantage of this to screw over the consumer because the money they could make doing it is absolutely insane. It pushes us towards an internet that doesn't exist as it is today with the vast freedom of information and ideas to one of corporate interests and profit. They will be looking for every and anyway to make the most possible money. I mean imagine if an ISP went to a company and said you give us x amount of money and your website will be the only website of this type people can access. That company agrees and because they now hold a monopoly over that area they can charge consumers what ever they want for them to be able to access the service. Don't want to have to pay, well sucks to suck because you can only access that one site. I can't see how this would be helpful at all in my state where only one company actually has the right to lay cable and build infustrcture. Hopefully they arn't totally dicks about this because if they are there is not another same grade ISP to turn to. The only other company has to buy from the first company who like I said before is the only company in Idaho legally able to lay cable.

But what about the dying people in hospitals!?!??!?!!? /s
Without seeing any evidence of that I would be hard pressed to belive its a real thing.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by EMP.

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782477

EMP wrote:
Fork wrote:
I'd love to see the evidence of people looking at pictures taking up bandwidth enough to somehow make it so hospitals don't get enough bandwidth. Clearly a hospital would be paying much more the the average joe for internet because of the scale of the internet they would be requiring would be much larger then required for you own home. As a Republican even I can see as history dictates this is not a good idea. The only people that want his are the internet companies because they see an opportunity to make insane amounts of money. I highly doubt that you would see only a $5 increase to use such services. Its much more likely you'll have to pay extra for specific services you want so these companies can increase their profit margins. This is not at all covering the true reason why these ISP's wanted the change, so that they can charge big companies huge amounts of money to make their service the preferred one. By either blocking access completely to competition or by throttling the competition. In that world ISP companies would charge services tons of money to be the priority service provider. This happened before with companies throttling Netflix but allowing uncapped access to XBox live. Why did they do this because Microsoft made a deal with them because they could afford to. But what about all those companies that can't afford to compete like that. As more and more things turn to the internet companies will definitely take advantage of this to screw over the consumer because the money they could make doing it is absolutely insane. It pushes us towards an internet that doesn't exist as it is today with the vast freedom of information and ideas to one of corporate interests and profit. They will be looking for every and anyway to make the most possible money. I mean imagine if an ISP went to a company and said you give us x amount of money and your website will be the only website of this type people can access. That company agrees and because they now hold a monopoly over that area they can charge consumers what ever they want for them to be able to access the service. Don't want to have to pay, well sucks to suck because you can only access that one site. Or a company like Comcast who owns NBC making their news outlets the preferred one and denying access to sites based on polical views. I can't see how this would be helpful at all in my state where only one company actually has the right to lay cable and build infustrcture. Hopefully they arn't totally dicks about this because if they are there is not another same grade ISP to turn to. The only other company has to buy from the first company who like I said before is the only company in Idaho legally able to lay cable.

tl;dr

• bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1186

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782478

me and hermione are loving the profits we are making off of net neutrality getting repealed, god bless america
  • FluffyOP
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Nade,Vitx,Aspect Simon&Hermoine,Plankton
  • Thanks received: 148
Ex-MC Owner and developer
Old, old Ex-SSRP staff
Ex-TS staff
Hermoine <3

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782479

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
EMP wrote:
Fork wrote:
I'd love to see the evidence of people looking at pictures taking up bandwidth enough to somehow make it so hospitals don't get enough bandwidth. Clearly a hospital would be paying much more the the average joe for internet because of the scale of the internet they would be requiring would be much larger then required for you own home. As a Republican even I can see as history dictates this is not a good idea. The only people that want his are the internet companies because they see an opportunity to make insane amounts of money. I highly doubt that you would see only a $5 increase to use such services. Its much more likely you'll have to pay extra for specific services you want so these companies can increase their profit margins. This is not at all covering the true reason why these ISP's wanted the change, so that they can charge big companies huge amounts of money to make their service the preferred one. By either blocking access completely to competition or by throttling the competition. In that world ISP companies would charge services tons of money to be the priority service provider. This happened before with companies throttling Netflix but allowing uncapped access to XBox live. Why did they do this because Microsoft made a deal with them because they could afford to. But what about all those companies that can't afford to compete like that. As more and more things turn to the internet companies will definitely take advantage of this to screw over the consumer because the money they could make doing it is absolutely insane. It pushes us towards an internet that doesn't exist as it is today with the vast freedom of information and ideas to one of corporate interests and profit. They will be looking for every and anyway to make the most possible money. I mean imagine if an ISP went to a company and said you give us x amount of money and your website will be the only website of this type people can access. That company agrees and because they now hold a monopoly over that area they can charge consumers what ever they want for them to be able to access the service. Don't want to have to pay, well sucks to suck because you can only access that one site. Or a company like Comcast who owns NBC making their news outlets the preferred one and denying access to sites based on polical views. I can't see how this would be helpful at all in my state where only one company actually has the right to lay cable and build infustrcture. Hopefully they arn't totally dicks about this because if they are there is not another same grade ISP to turn to. The only other company has to buy from the first company who like I said before is the only company in Idaho legally able to lay cable.

tl;dr

Thats correct and thats the truly scary part. Every where I went sites were calling to keep net neutrality. Why would that be? Because they are afraid of the greedy ISP companies that have been lobbying for this change, just as we should be.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782483

loxeo wrote:
Fork wrote:
Well, they repealed it, I'm glad. Now all of you liberals can shut the hell up. We never had net neutrality 2 years ago... so what's the fuss?

Dude please shut the hell up lol, how about try using google for something maybe?

ONE google search "when was net neutrality passed" yields the result:
"On February 26, 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband as a common carrier under Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 and Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. "

I think its pretty comical how in the first sentence of your first post you say "I'm a trump supporter.."

Jesus fuck, I don't particularly want to get political but you confirm how most Europeans even stereotype Trump supporters.

Diet Water wrote:
Fork wrote:
Well, they repealed it, I'm glad. Now all of you liberals can shut the hell up. We never had net neutrality 2 years ago... so what's the fuss?
I mean there's still a chance, Congress hasn't voted yet. Either way I don't give a shit as I'm not american.

Because America has apparently lost its immense influence on the rest of the world, right..

Congress doesn't need to vote because the FCC can bypass them, lol
Fork's a citizen of the USA
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by pigskin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fork

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782485

EMP wrote:
Fork wrote:

In 2017 alone Comcast has spent over 10 million on lobbying in the US which, although lower than previous years, is still an incredible amount to push their own political agenda forward. I strongly dislike the amount of power big corporations have in US politics and is actually something I dislike about the current Dutch government as well.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Raeker.

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782508

Blocked wrote:
just in case you guys are still lost, fork's post is 100% satire

jesus christ lmao

That's what I thought when I first saw it lol, then everyone starting going at him and thought I was missing something.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782509

Blocked wrote:

jesus christ lmao
That moment when you read the post again with this knowledge and feel incredibly stupid.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782511

Blocked wrote:

jesus christ lmao

wtf you had to tell them for
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782514

• Sophia
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'll always be the last one standing
  • Thanks received: 775

if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist why isn't a racer called a racist?

Weeaboos, Otakus and Anime are the side effects of nuclear radiaton

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782522

rip
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782874

The intellect of you guys. This is like a whomstd've meme. Holy shit.
  • Fork
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 289
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Fork.

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782875

Fork wrote:
The intellectual of you guys. This is like a whomstd've meme. Holy shit.
lol
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 780

certified
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ, Mobile Task Force Gunner, MichaeI

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782883

Net Neutral
  • Fork
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782886

Finally it's happened!

This old controlling regulation Title 2 Net Neutrality has been repealed! Internet Freedom is soon to be restored and back to the power of the consumers! Thank you Ajit Pai!
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fork

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782916

Fork wrote:

christ ALMIGHTY!! YOU'RE RIGHT! LOGGING ONTO FACEBOOK TAKES FUCKING Y E A R S!!!

1. I'm more than certain Hospitals aim to get the best bandwith, and also, most data is stored locally, so it's not up to ISP's. It's up to their hardware and networking.
2. You got your percentages a bit fucked. 400/1 people looking up Kate Upton over 1 person logging into Facebook? Come on.
3. Allowing our internet "grow" and "advance" is mainly limited by hardware. Regulations like these, isn't the option. If you honestly think that Paying more and more and more and more to get things that you can get right now, that work perfectly fine as it is already, IS GROWING and ADVANCING, Then the advancements you pray for aren't advancements I want to be a part of.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, It's going to be a huge thing for competition. MSM and News outlets will try taking YouTube down, which is going to be insane, as it's a service that requires a good bandwidth to operate. Netflix or other streaming sites, be it music or other media. News, anything.

This issue is resolved in an obviously corrupt manner. The same "fast lanes" or whatever stupid thing you want to see in place, can be very easily done without the need of involving additional purchases.

Best thing to hope for, is that this gets denied by the congress. If failed, riots and protests. If failed, I pray there's another ISP or a few that see that this is an extremely easy way to get rid of competition, and don't put these regulations in place, either keeping it to the old methods or resolving it in ways that don't involve additional purchases.

Keep throwing your fucking money away if you don't think it's important for you.

Kate Upton aint all that, either.
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Yikes Svanz Comet.

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782940

Wow! I love Verizon™! I’m glad that the internet is so free! Isn’t it great to say whatever you want and have your opinion represented equally across the internet! It’s really great! Good thing Verizon™ has spent millions on having that removed I’m sure they won’t abuse it! Thank you Verizon™! I love Verizon™! Don’t you love Verizon™?! Say it! Say it! Say you love Verizon™! Can’t you see they’re protecting us from all those small businesses who want to steal a fraction of their market?! Don’t you hate those people disagreeing with you?! I sure love Verizon™! Thank you Verizon™ Thank you for sticking your gold plated rusty knives up our asses and looking us dead in the eyes and saying “this is what’s best for a free and open internet” and slowly twisting it deeper and deeper until we eventually just give out and shit money into your fat wallets!
  • Fork
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782952

• ian carter
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ø
  • Thanks received: 144
Ranks:
Ex-SSRP Admin
Jailbreak Admin
Surf Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fork, Sam the Sausage

FCC Live - Come watch Net Neutrality get RIP'd! 6 years 4 months ago #782953

Merry christmas, please do not send me a bitcoin they are not a physical oobject it's something from your computer and I do believe comes from Satan. But I do want to wish you and your family a Very Christ Centered Christmas, and a blessed new year.
  • Fork
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

225 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT