Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What would bring you back

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1244908

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Baxter Black wrote:
gonna bump this cause why not B)
remove that bottom signature image :angry:

no dude, I still have the clip to prove it B) B)
  • Baxter Black
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 482
Former
★Bhop Head Admin★
★SSRP Super Admin x2★
★Appeals Section Mod x2★
★SSRP Admin★
★Bhop Admin★
★Minecraft Admin★
★SSRP Mod x4★
★Murder Mod★
Login or register to post a reply.

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1244920

Baxter Black wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
Baxter Black wrote:
gonna bump this cause why not B)
remove that bottom signature image :angry:

no dude, I still have the clip to prove it B) B)
B) B)
  • Markus
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245050

Chuteuk wrote:
EMP and also Jungle Slots

Bet, better be part of the BIG summer update
I’m counting on you Chuteuk
  • Jawson
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP
  • Thanks received: 1926

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245076

Jawson wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Jawson I was there for you buddy when you needed those sounds I won't let you down
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5058
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jawson

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245092

Chuteuk wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Jawson I was there for you buddy when you needed those sounds I won't let you down
Bring back the old rules. "big guns as civi :)"
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6391
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, narexa, Micky

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245095

jack bushross wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

Think that was my first ever warning back in 2014 hahaha by Glacial_Subzero
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245101

narexa wrote:
jack bushross wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

I was hella confused when I was warned for it :d
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 6391
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, narexa, Micky

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245125

narexa wrote:
jack bushross wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
Jawson wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:

I knew about Glacial, was not aware he was staff. That's pretty insane.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245129

Morgan wrote:
I don't think anything could. The server is nothing like it used to be and role-playing on the server disappeared years ago. It's more akin to an incremental game where every player is competing to grow their inventories and wallet balance but that was trivialized when game breaking bugs on certain wheels were not patched and not rolled back. Too many pointless suits made to chase booster pack sales it would seem. It's more of a cash cow than the experience it used to be.

Most staff at some point get bored of the servers they're staffing for though and ultimately stay around for the "process" of things or the people they play/talk with.

For the last year or two i've been hopping on and off of this forumn in the hopes that a 'classic' Zarp SSRP was back or atleast in talks. But seeing the above quote makes me think that once 'classic' is brought back, it'll be a fun gimmick for only so long. I'm not sure if I'm speaking for the majority or not, but personally I think sub-consciously I'm hoping 'classic' would be exactly like 2015 Zarp (when I played daily). However, in reality, the sense of nostalgia will only last so long, and will also not feel "whole"? I think a few people will agree that playing your favourite game for the 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th time, will never beat the experience and new feelings you felt, on the first time around.

"The server is nothing like it used to be and role-playing on the server disappeared years ago." - I fully agree. As above, I last played daily in 2015 and unfortunately time moves forward, or at least we do. I'm sensing that new players don't role play, or get as stuck in as we did back then? I remember when 'bases' and gangs were a core part of the experience, and the pure "oh Shit" moment you'd experience when you'd just placed your most expensive printer, and were also being raided.

Following the above, I think that in general the server needs to put a spin on things. Asking themselves, how do we implement some of that core gameplay, to a different audience that have never experienced it before? It's well and good asking us old timers what we miss, but some of the new players need to be drawn into it too. How do we influence players playing style, in terms of basing? How do we influence their play style, in terms of role play? Hopefully asking these questions can solve some issues, and revive a dying roleplay -tradition?- which 'disappeared'.

And one last thing. I understand Zarp SSRP needed to change, but who's the man behind 'suits', 'nukes', and excessivly overpowered guns? Yes you need to stand out, but this didn't cross anyone's mind? Not even a "Oh this is little OP, we'll have it limited to be used at a certain time frame on a certain day(s)"?

That's some of my thoughts. R.I.P 2015
  • LlamaGeddon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3

What would bring you back 3 years 9 months ago #1245146

can't bring back the good times
  • Jeans
  • Expert Boarder
  • Free Ezehzz
  • Thanks received: 264

What would bring you back 3 years 8 months ago #1245748

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I remember a good few years ago, my friends and I were playing on ZARP's Evilmelon map. There were three of us. We had found a place in the train tunnels, we found an open train carriage and settled our props and printers. We set up chairs and watched and waited. We eventually fell asleep, and at around 5 in the morning, 5, or 6 hours after we had first set up - I woke up. I wasn't sure how I managed to, but I did. We were being raided. I called out to my friends, who quickly woke up aswell, I was really lucky they did, because I'm a terrible shot. We killed all the raiders, but it was such an intense experience, we decided to just pack it in for the night (or morning by that point). We had made profit. That was all that mattered.

This was before handcannons, triple and quad boosters, before most, if any special printers made the rounds. This was before the vast majority of overpowered weapons, and the only tools you had in your arsenal was a PSG or some kind of equivalent. I think the SVD was pretty popular back then, not sure. My friends favoured shotguns, even if they weren't overly dominant.

Personally, I still enjoy the majority of the new content.

But, maybe it's because I spent it with friends, or because of how intense it was, such a big battle in such a small space... that will always be the most memorable, and arguably most enjoyable experience of my time here in ZARP. No offense to Chute, Xnator, or EMP. I do enjoy the content, like I said. But even I miss those days where a raid was a battle of skill, and not resources.

Side note: I recall gun dealers sitting in their shops, and they'd buy ammo individually, slowly fill up a big-ass crate with a bright green display at the front of it that counted how many was in there, and how much each one was. Maybe I'm just really ignorant and I haven't noticed if they're still there anymore (I never really play gun dealer anymore), but I get a strange amount of nostalgia from that, too.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
The following user(s) said Thank You: LlamaGeddon

What would bring you back 3 years 8 months ago #1245752

Father Watson wrote:

I remember a good few years ago, my friends and I were playing on ZARP's Evilmelon map. There were three of us. We had found a place in the train tunnels, we found an open train carriage and settled our props and printers. We set up chairs and watched and waited. We eventually fell asleep, and at around 5 in the morning, 5, or 6 hours after we had first set up - I woke up. I wasn't sure how I managed to, but I did. We were being raided. I called out to my friends, who quickly woke up aswell, I was really lucky they did, because I'm a terrible shot. We killed all the raiders, but it was such an intense experience, we decided to just pack it in for the night (or morning by that point). We had made profit. That was all that mattered.

This was before handcannons, triple and quad boosters, before most, if any special printers made the rounds. This was before the vast majority of overpowered weapons, and the only tools you had in your arsenal was a PSG or some kind of equivalent. I think the SVD was pretty popular back then, not sure. My friends favoured shotguns, even if they weren't overly dominant.

But, maybe it's because I spent it with friends, or because of how intense it was, such a big battle in such a small space... that will always be the most memorable, and arguably most enjoyable experience of my time here in ZARP. No offense to Chute, Xnator, or EMP. I do enjoy the content, like I said. But even I miss those days where a raid was a battle of skill, and not resources.

Side note: I recall gun dealers sitting in their shops, and they'd buy ammo individually, slowly fill up a big-ass crate with a bright green display at the front of it that counted how many was in there, and how much each one was. Maybe I'm just really ignorant and I haven't noticed if they're still there anymore (I never really play gun dealer anymore), but I get a strange amount of nostalgia from that, too.

I would pay money to have that experience again.
  • Skript
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 263

What would bring you back 3 years 8 months ago #1245754

NootNoot wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

I would pay money to have that experience again.

1000000%
  • Big man Ross
  • Junior Boarder
  • Trading Add Me On Steam
  • Thanks received: 40

What would bring you back 3 years 8 months ago #1245764

freeing pitt
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

212 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
2/32