Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why new players don't stay

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944811

Stop spending so much time complaining about the OP shit. Why not start trying to find new raiding metas? You guys make it sound like it's the hardest shit to do with this broken economy, saying "Suits are for pussy blah blah blah" why don't you stop being the pussy and actually risk shit that is very easy to get back?
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Vicente Carrillo Fuentes. Reason: forgot something
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944921

Vicente Carrillo Fuentes wrote:
Stop spending so much time complaining about the OP shit. Why not start trying to find new raiding metas? You guys make it sound like it's the hardest shit to do with this broken economy, saying "Suits are for pussy blah blah blah" why don't you stop being the pussy and actually risk shit that is very easy to get back?

Read the title. The issue is that suits and specials as they currently are make it impossible for new players to stand a chance against anyone who has reached the end game. This drives new players away and off the server as they feel they are unable to compete. The overpowered items by themselves would be bad enough, but the economy is equally if not more broken than the suits and specials. The fact is that new players join looking to find a new server, find they can't compete, then that they cannot make money because they are raided constantly, exacerbated by the fact that the best ways to make money aren't obvious to new players, and many users are unhelpful or toxic towards these newer users.

The argument is not based in an unwillingness to purchase these items or risk them, it is based on the fact that these new players not only cannot afford them, but they are discouraged from ever learning how to achieve these items by the way the items themselves and other players affect their experience on the server. Without new players, the server will inevitably die, as older users quit after becoming bored.

Instead of simply calling people out for being pussies, consider perhaps for a second that simply because you enjoy the combat system does not make it the best possible thing for the server.

Beyond this, note that the server is currently in a state of decline, and now more than ever we need new players. A server cannot be kept alive simply by releasing inconsistent updates, it needs a steady flow of new players to replace those who leave.

This thread simply exists to point out the current issues with the combat system, and to make those who don't already understand just how important it is for us to change if we want to survive as a community and as a server.
  • Tony Lombardi
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 224
FP REBOOT BRING IT BACK LADS

The following user(s) said Thank You: SkeletonWarrior, dankek

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944922

Tony Lombardi wrote:

Read the title. The issue is that suits and specials as they currently are make it impossible for new players to stand a chance against anyone who has reached the end game. This drives new players away and off the server as they feel they are unable to compete. The overpowered items by themselves would be bad enough, but the economy is equally if not more broken than the suits and specials. The fact is that new players join looking to find a new server, find they can't compete, then that they cannot make money because they are raided constantly, exacerbated by the fact that the best ways to make money aren't obvious to new players, and many users are unhelpful or toxic towards these newer users.

The argument is not based in an unwillingness to purchase these items or risk them, it is based on the fact that these new players not only cannot afford them, but they are discouraged from ever learning how to achieve these items by the way the items themselves and other players affect their experience on the server. Without new players, the server will inevitably die, as older users quit after becoming bored.

Instead of simply calling people out for being pussies, consider perhaps for a second that simply because you enjoy the combat system does not make it the best possible thing for the server.

Beyond this, note that the server is currently in a state of decline, and now more than ever we need new players. A server cannot be kept alive simply by releasing inconsistent updates, it needs a steady flow of new players to replace those who leave.

This thread simply exists to point out the current issues with the combat system, and to make those who don't already understand just how important it is for us to change if we want to survive as a community and as a server.
some people don't get it :support:
  • dankek
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Retard
  • Thanks received: 997

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944963

Just gluon them back

• SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by SoraJS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944974

Tony Lombardi wrote:

I didn't say I enjoyed the combat system, i'm saying it's easy to adapt to i'm more of responding to the video, and trust me there are many ways for a new player to start, but some people who haven;t experienced the server enough think that the only way of getting money is by basing, but there is many ways of getting money as a new player, one of the best ways is mining. You say the suits are broken, the only suit that could be classed as broken is a gjugg due to it's hp, it's not hard at all to rip all the other suits, it requires a bit of a brain and a little bit of a risk. You need to remember that there are things such as social skills and you can communicate with others, such as making friends, there will always be one person who knows what they're doing that is willing to help a new player. I don't see a problem with the nano, acs, evo or jugg, they're easy af to rip so by everyone saying "Only pussies use suits" I find funny because people use this as an excuse to lean on when they're getting fucked. Clarky can confirm this for me, it's not hard to start fresh, I have done it multiple times, with no scope boost, no money or nothing and I usually do most of my money making by myself, it's really not hard to start. There is nothing wrong with the combat system unless we're talking about the delayed hitboxes, if people are having problems with the suits then clearly this isn't the server for you, it's a game feature, learn new metas and stop complaining or just gtfo the server it's simple tbh. There have been many guides on the forums to show how to make money, people can also use the forums to ask for help off players, the new players aren't always being forced off the server they just need to ask for help. In fact if you was around back before suits was added you'll clearly tell that there has been a massive increase in players since all these suits were added, the reason SSRP isn't getting enough players is because rn there isn't enough competition for people and it gets boring raiding pd, nukes and bank all the time. Also there hasn't been any updates in a while so people are getting bored and are playing other things whilst they wait for the next update. I'll agree the combat system isn't for everyone however it's very easy to learn, i've known new players who played for a month and became better than some of the players that have played for years.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Vicente Carrillo Fuentes. Reason: forgot something

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944975

SoraJS wrote:
Just gluon them back

looooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, SorIe, SoraJS

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #944998

Ya hold up just lemme fetch the Jugg and Mini2 I totally have and can afford to risk to do this raid real quick

https://imgur.com/a/QlRr5OK
  • Xerceas
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 73
You can pick your friends or you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Without excessive force.

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945000

James Stone wrote:
true, old zarp members keep quitting and new players cant do anything in the server so ssrp player base going down.
a hard reset would be dope.
yeah dude just take away all the money people spent, they are using there shit with a risk and skeleton has plenty of items to raid it
  • Tow Mater
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 734

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945002

John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
true, old zarp members keep quitting and new players cant do anything in the server so ssrp player base going down.
yeah dude just take away all the money people spent, they are using there shit with a risk and skeleton has plenty of items to raid it
yeah im pretty sure if you wipe everything you'll lose players
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945006

Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
not sure if you are speaking to me but if you were i was being sarcastic dumbass
  • Tow Mater
  • Expert Boarder

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945007

John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
not sure if you are speaking to me but if you were i was being sarcastic dumbass
I was speaking to james dumbass
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945008

Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
you quoted me but okay
  • Tow Mater
  • Expert Boarder

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945010

John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
you quoted me but okay
you quoted james but okay
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945011

Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
you quoted me but okay
because i was speaking to james lmao
  • Tow Mater
  • Expert Boarder

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945014

John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
Smol_dong wrote:
John is pleb wrote:
James Stone wrote:
you quoted me but okay
because i was speaking to james lmao
yes lmao
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945023

Blocked wrote:
Unpopular opinion, but there is no solution out there that will leave everyone happy, the server devs have put themselves in a very, very sticky situation especially with the addition of all these questionable items(Golden Jugg, x5 on Halloween), short term they were a very nice idea but as you guys can see, long term they simply don't work out.

A hard reset will not do anything, because people will just get rich again, and we're back to square one.

A rework/nerf/balance on all of the suits/special weapons is the only viable solution I see in order to sustain the server, however I don't see how they can possibly make it happen in a way that keeps the suits valuable but also gives new players a chance.

TL;DR: no matter how you look at it, the servers fucked lol

Best option I see is hard reset with some sort of in game compensation to players with boosters.
  • A Sloth
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • “I am proud of you Sloth” -Chummy
  • Thanks received: 235

#Raeker4CO

“so I'll just say what Chummy would say: I'm proud of you bud” -Raeker 2k17

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945025

Blocked wrote:
A Sloth wrote:
Blocked wrote:
Unpopular opinion, but there is no solution out there that will leave everyone happy, the server devs have put themselves in a very, very sticky situation especially with the addition of all these questionable items(Golden Jugg, x5 on Halloween), short term they were a very nice idea but as you guys can see, long term they simply don't work out.

A hard reset will not do anything, because people will just get rich again, and we're back to square one.

A rework/nerf/balance on all of the suits/special weapons is the only viable solution I see in order to sustain the server, however I don't see how they can possibly make it happen in a way that keeps the suits valuable but also gives new players a chance.

TL;DR: no matter how you look at it, the servers fucked lol

Best option I see is hard reset with some sort of in game compensation to players with boosters.

But how do we guarantee that the server doesn't end up in the same exact spot that it is in today?

Unless you mean the removal of suits and special weapons, which I highly doubt will happen.

No suits are what make Zarp unique (except for asap but they don’t exist for this) but perhaps make them craftable with a nerf to most suits (minus ACS which needs a buff and nano that shouldn’t change).
  • A Sloth
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • “I am proud of you Sloth” -Chummy
  • Thanks received: 235

#Raeker4CO

“so I'll just say what Chummy would say: I'm proud of you bud” -Raeker 2k17

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945081

All I can see is skeleton only throwing nitros typical azgeda raiding
  • MrPing
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Hoppa
  • Thanks received: 342
[ZARP-Notice]: You have left Hoppa

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945125

Tony Lombardi wrote:
Skeleton posted a video that I believe does a wonderful job illustrating why ZARP is so unfriendly to new players. These issues make it impossible for a new player to experience the server to it's fullest, and certainly are not conducive to future growth of the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=qEWvdkoIrfg

Tbh, you cant blame people in the video for what they do. They are doing it to experienced players and players who also have suits. You say people like us are pushing new players out when theres videos of skeleton raiding 3 noobs with a evo... Since I have came back to zarp I have not touched new players in raids yes I kill them and that's mainly with a psg or m24. If you are complaining and doing it yourself grow up tbh.
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 4930
SSRP- Super Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, schnitzel nazi, Micky

Why new players don't stay 5 years 10 months ago #945136

jack bushrsos wrote:
Tony Lombardi wrote:
Skeleton posted a video that I believe does a wonderful job illustrating why ZARP is so unfriendly to new players. These issues make it impossible for a new player to experience the server to it's fullest, and certainly are not conducive to future growth of the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=qEWvdkoIrfg

Tbh, you cant blame people in the video for what they do. They are doing it to experienced players and players who also have suits. You say people like us are pushing new players out when theres videos of skeleton raiding 3 noobs with a evo... Since I have came back to zarp I have not touched new players in raids yes I kill them and that's mainly with a psg or m24. If you are complaining and doing it yourself grow up tbh.

learn to bhop noob
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

207 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127