Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ban Appeal

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75897

Name - What is your ingame name? LBManiac

STEAM-ID - What is your STEAM-ID? STEAM_0:0:6026213

Admins name - Who banned you/who might it be? Brother Jack (according to ban message but I don't think we were speaking in game)

Reason - What is/might be the reason that you got banned? "failRP suiciding to claim bounty"

Server - What server did you get banned from? DarkRP Server 1

Time - How long were you banned for? 1 day 7 hours

Story - What happened? I was RP'ing as hitman and someone was chasing me with a shotgun- I put down slams on stairs and when I looked round corner I got shot as I detonated them and died from the explosion- I quit out of the game in frustration as I was having a bit of a bad session having just lost uranium printer and being repeatedly killed. When I went to join again it appeared I had been banned with 1 day day, 6 hours remaining (pretty much my weekend that I can play on ZARP)

Proof - Any proof on a video/screenshot that clearly show what happened? Didn't get speaking to anyone about it on server as unable to get on due to ban.

Extra information - Any thing you think may be relevant to your ban - The message says I failRPd - there was a bounty on me that I inadvertently claimed blowing myself up amidst the fighting - maybe if I had have stayed I could have explained what happened but had already left out of frustration- I only really get playing at the weekends and it seems quite a length of time to miss out on playing because of this - I was not aware that bounties could be claimed by the person they were placed on until now.
Attachments:
  • LBManiac
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2
The topic has been locked.

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75899

When someone gets a large hit on them (yours was $500,000) I usually spectate them to see if they do anything like you have done. I was on team-speak the entire time with the player that placed the hit and I was spectating. You killed yourself with a grenade not a slam and disconnected immediately after to claim your own hit. Now for some reason the ban time registered wrong as it was supposed to be for 6 hours not one day and 6 hours, for the rest of the night so that would teach you a lesson not to do anything like that again. So I will edit it to the intended time 6 hours but for now it will remain as that and I hope you learn not to do this again.

Regards,
-Brother Jack
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75901

Hi Jack

Thanks for the quick reply -It was definitely a slam that finished me after being shot - I do not use or have grenades. I will sit out the ban. Can I ask why you were spectating and feeding info to the player/s who were in RP - I wondered why despite being quite well hidden that players were finding me in secluded buildings. Is there a damage log showing me being shot prior to the slams going off?

L
  • LBManiac
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75906

LBManiac wrote:
Hi Jack

Thanks for the quick reply -It was definitely a slam that finished me after being shot - I do not use or have grenades. I will sit out the ban. Can I ask why you were spectating and feeding info to the player/s who were in RP - I wondered why despite being quite well hidden that players were finding me in secluded buildings. Is there a damage log showing me being shot prior to the slams going off?

L

First of all I was not telling them anything about your whereabouts nor did I ever say I was so I'm not sure why you assume I was "feeding info to the players about your whereabouts". Second of all no we do not have damage logs and it doesn't matter whether or not you were shot or not. The fact is you blew yourself up and immediately disconnected gaining yourself $500,000 by way of fail rp. Anyways I appreciate you sitting out the ban as I mentioned it will be 6 hours and not 1 day and 6 hours.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
•The Brotherhood•

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75907

The circumstances leading to me dying involved being shot while using slams behind be to try and blow up the person chasing me - it was unintentional - I don't often play as a hitman and I "rage quit" out of frustration as I felt that I was being overly targeted in a short period of time.

I just find it odd that you were spectating me while being on TS with the player who placed the hit is I can't see any other reason for spectating me to see were I was - is there a genuine reason for spectating me? I was in a secluded building yet had a player come in guns blazing almost as if they knew I was there.
  • LBManiac
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Ban Appeal 9 years 6 months ago #75913

You weren't "overly targeted" you just had a large hit and many people went after that hit I don't know what else you would expect and if you genuinely didn't mean to claim your own hit you wouldn't take the 500k and disconnect as it's fail rp. As I said I happened to be in team-speak with a group of people and one of them placed a 500k hit on you. I wasn't feeding anyone information about your whereabouts I was spectating you to see if you would give the hit to someone and split it or kill yourself to claim it which you did end up doing. Now that is all I have to say about this you can argue on all you want but just wait out your 6 hours and if you really want to make a good impression that you are sorry for what you did I suggest you give back the 500k to the person who placed the hit which was was completed by yourself by way of failRP to gmod troller STEAM_0:0:86425889

Thank you and have a good day.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
•The Brotherhood•
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

197 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun