Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [DEATHRUN] Suggestions

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 4 months ago #1058163

TheXnator wrote:
EMP wrote:
Eddie. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): Adding the ulx "!return" command

How / why would it benefit the Deathrun server: It is very helpful for staff members in many situations.

Potential Issues/Exploits: Staff members using it to abuse their powers.

Additional notes: I'm not sure why we have all of the teleport commands except this one, it's probably the most useful. I can't think of any on the spot, but there have been many incidents where I've thought to myself I really wish I had the return command right now. From my experience on TTT, this command was very helpful and I'm sure it would be on deathrun too. I don't see why we should have all of the teleport commands but not have the undo function in case something doesn't work how you expected.
I’d be willing to bet that the reason you don’t have it is because it doesn’t exist on the ulx version thats on the server. I’ll get around to updating it at some point.

Still want to bet?
Why is return spelt wrong it annoys me
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

Login or register to post a reply.

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 3 months ago #1077700

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): Being able to select the knifes from the previous prestiges after you have prestiged.

How / why would it benefit the Deathrun server: I miss my knife, and I'm sure most other players would prefer the prestige system to work this way.

Potential Issues/Exploits: ain't sure

Additional notes: I'm suggesting that after prestiging you should still be able to select any of the knifes from the previous prestiges. Currently when you prestige you are stuck with a crowbar until you reach level 10 on the new prestige, whereas before you prestiged you'd have the max level knife and anything before it. This is especially frustrating for me because I never intended to prestige, I wanted to keep my GodKing rank for the end of time and accidentally pressed that fat prestige button when tabbing in. Now I'm stuck with a crowbar and cannot use any of the knifes from the first prestige that I spent many hours working to unlock :lol:
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
  • Thanks received: 1742
✥ Ex Deathrun Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TTT Super Administrator ✥
✥ Ex SSRP Administrator ✥
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by eddie..

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 3 months ago #1077788

Eddie. wrote:
Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): Being able to select the knifes from the previous prestiges after you have prestiged.

How / why would it benefit the Deathrun server: I miss my knife, and I'm sure most other players would prefer the prestige system to work this way.

Additional notes: I'm suggesting that after prestiging you should still be able to select any of the knifes from the previous prestiges. Currently when you prestige you are stuck with a crowbar until you reach level 10 on the new prestige, whereas before you prestiged you'd have the max level knife and anything before it. This is especially frustrating for me because I never intended to prestige, I wanted to keep my GodKing rank for the end of time and accidentally pressed that fat prestige button when tabbing in. Now I'm stuck with a crowbar and cannot use any of the knifes from the first prestige that I spent many hours working to unlock :lol:

Ewww, who even prestiges :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Kaiwaii
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Naruto >
  • Thanks received: 2160

Ex Deathrun Super Admin
Ex Bhop Super Admin
Ex Prop Hunt Admin
Ex SSRP Moderator
Ex Murder UNTRAINED Moderator
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Kaiwaii.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamaninja

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 3 months ago #1077810

Kai. wrote:
Eddie. wrote:

Ewww, who even prestiges :sick: :sick: :sick:
ikr it was big accident and I want my GodKing back :sick:

wait a minute you’re prestige 2 GodKing ಠಿ_ಠ
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by eddie..

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 months ago #1084524

Eddie. wrote:

Bump, I miss my flip knifes
  • eddie.
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • fuck
✥ Ex TeamSpeak Staff ✥
✥ Ex Discord Staff ✥
✥ Ex Forum Staff ✥

Steam-Click here!

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104080

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting):

Removing guns from Deaths

How / why would it benefit the Deathrun server:

Since deaths have traps to kill runners with, it is unfair to have guns for deaths.

Potential Issues/Exploits:

None

Additional notes:

This was previously denied a long time ago and shouldn't really be on the server.
  • Annie Moonise
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex Deathrun Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 881
Ex Deathrun Server Owner
Ex TeamSpeak Staff
Ex Forum Staff - Deathrun Moderator Section

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104083

Annie Montana wrote:

Since deaths have traps to kill runners with, it is unfair to have guns for deaths.

None

Additional notes:

This was previously denied a long time ago and shouldn't really be on the server.

It's intended in the new gamemode to make it more balanced.
If you don't want the Deaths to be able to fight back, don't pick an ending where there is the potential to lose, just pick something like Old or some other one sided ending. On some maps, Deaths can't pick up guns anyway due to segmented areas, and AFAIK, there are no maps where there isn't a one sided ending for runners.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: .uzi

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104087

Suggestion Title (What are you Suggesting): Stop allowing deaths to pick up guns

How / why would it benefit the Deathrun server: Stop people from getting annoyed with the change

Potential Issues/Exploits: Literally nothing

Additional notes: Not balanced at all considering deaths get multiple traps to kill the runners with and runners have nothing but bhopping or running
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Jeppe

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104088

Disable map finishing record if and when : A - deaths dont press a single button B - if traps are spammed ( lets say 5 traps in 5 seconds ) since it’s blatantly an undeserved number.
  • Tri
  • Senior Boarder
  • θέλω να σκοτώσω τον εαυτό μου
  • Thanks received: 94
عادي ازا مــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــا عجــــــــــــــبك

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104090

Traitornt wrote:
Disable map finishing record if and when : A - deaths dont press a single button B - if traps are spammed ( lets say 5 traps in 5 seconds ) since it’s blatantly an undeserved number.
I agree with the first point.

But I can see the second check triggering a lot of false-positives. For example a death could be running trap-to-trap to try and kill a runner who's moving really fast, that's a legitimate situation where it could disable "map record". Which we don't want to do if it's a legitimate round.
  • .uzi
  • Former Community Manager
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441
The following user(s) said Thank You: ImTooFastForYou, TheXnator

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104136

TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

If you don't want the Deaths to be able to fight back, don't pick an ending where there is the potential to lose, just pick something like Old or some other one sided ending. On some maps, Deaths can't pick up guns anyway due to segmented areas, and AFAIK, there are no maps where there isn't a one sided ending for runners.

oh my god, it actually hurts my eyes to see this got added. I was actually thinking about coming back to deathrun again, but seeing this lmfao... It has been like this for 6 years. why would you change it??
  • rroobbiinn10xx
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Zwarte piet is not racist
  • Thanks received: 1739
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings, SorIe, Jeppe

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104141

Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

oh my god, it actually hurts my eyes to see this got added. I was actually thinking about coming back to deathrun again, but seeing this lmfao... It has been like this for 6 years. why would you change it??

It is an intended feature of the new gamemode of which is used on most of the most popular Deathrun servers. Personally, I thought it made sense to keep it as it gave Deaths a ‘final stand’ rather than hopelessly attempting to bhop towards players shooting at them with guns.

There are ‘punishment’ type endings in maps for a reason, in the old gamemode it effectively felt like Deaths were always being punished regardless of the ending and it was extremely easy for skilled bhoppers to win and even skilled Death players didn’t have much of a chance at that point.

It’s pretty clear that people want it back and rather than going with what I think is sensible I’m going to favour what the playerbase wants, so I will look to make this change ASAP.
  • .uzi
  • Foos yer doos?
  • Thanks received: 2441

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104143

IMO it makes the ending of rounds more fun and intensive, if you don't like fighting Deaths maybe use the 'Easy' endings that kill the deaths in majority of DR maps if I'm not wrong?
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104162

.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

It is an intended feature of the new gamemode of which is used on most of the most popular Deathrun servers. Personally, I thought it made sense to keep it as it gave Deaths a ‘final stand’ rather than hopelessly attempting to bhop towards players shooting at them with guns.

There are ‘punishment’ type endings in maps for a reason, in the old gamemode it effectively felt like Deaths were always being punished regardless of the ending and it was extremely easy for skilled bhoppers to win and even skilled Death players didn’t have much of a chance at that point.

It’s pretty clear that people want it back and rather than going with what I think is sensible I’m going to favour what the playerbase wants, so I will look to make this change ASAP.
Put this into consideration, before this was added, if you were to pick an ending which involved bhop for example, the deaths kept their speed whilst runners had guns, which in my opinion made it balanced.
There was literally nothing wrong with the way it was prior so I really didn't see the need for change.

When it comes to picking an ending, the runners should not be put at even more of a disadvantage by allowing deaths to use traps as well as guns at the end of the round, I cannot see who would ever think that was balanaced.
Also may I add, there are other endings such as knife which gives death an equal chance of winning so that kind of rules out the point that the ending was unbalanced considering it is up to the runner who has completed the map to choose what sort of ending they want.
Just a few words to try and sway you, people should not be restricted by the ending that they worked for
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazaraxe, SorIe, schnitzel nazi, A Good Pianist, Jeppe

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104164

Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

Put this into consideration, before this was added, if you were to pick an ending which involved bhop for example, the deaths kept their speed whilst runners had guns, which in my opinion made it balanced.
There was literally nothing wrong with the way it was prior so I really didn't see the need for change.

When it comes to picking an ending, the runners should not be put at even more of a disadvantage by allowing deaths to use traps as well as guns at the end of the round, I cannot see who would ever think that was balanaced.
Also may I add, there are other endings such as knife which gives death an equal chance of winning so that kind of rules out the point that the ending was unbalanced considering it is up to the runner who has completed the map to choose what sort of ending they want.
Just a few words to try and sway you, people should not be restricted by the ending that they worked for
then choose an ending that doesn't give them guns lol
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104168

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

Well all I am saying is you guys need to think about how other people who play on the server would react to this change, which from what I can see, you guys have not really done a lot on.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Jeppe

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104174

Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

Well all I am saying is you guys need to think about how other people who play on the server would react to this change, which from what I can see, you guys have not really done a lot on.
How the fuck are we supposed to know how players will react to something that hasn't been changed ever for so many years? You are expecting us to release everything under perfect condition which is practically impossible and if the owners want to they can revert that change quite simply - I don't understand the backlash when some people here don't even play DR to begin with?
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104176

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

How the fuck are we supposed to know how players will react to something that hasn't been changed ever for so many years? You are expecting us to release everything under perfect condition which is practically impossible and if the owners want to they can revert that change quite simply - I don't understand the backlash when some people here don't even play DR to begin with?
Firstly, I am not expecting people to put out updates under perfect conditions, I am here pointing out some of the flaws that people were complaining about including some of your own deathrun staff members and bringing it to light. I have said my part on the subject and the response that you guys give is "Pick the easy ending" when not every single player will want to pick an easy ending that they'd work for by completing the map.

Secondly. if there was never anything wrong with the ending scenario to begin with, what would be the need for change? Literally no one ever complained about how deaths not getting guns was "unbalanced" because they kept their speed boost and the runners get guns, it was balanced enough to begin with.
So I really don't get the point you're trying to make, all I am saying is that there is something that people are complaining about and it doesn't seem like you guys want to do anything about it considering the reponses.
I mean atleast Uzi said he'll be looking into, so not all responses have been that annoying.
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104178

Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

Firstly, I am not expecting people to put out updates under perfect conditions, I am here pointing out some of the flaws that people were complaining about including some of your own deathrun staff members and bringing it to light. I have said my part on the subject and the response that you guys give is "Pick the easy ending" when not every single player will want to pick an easy ending that they'd work for by completing the map.

Secondly. if there was never anything wrong with the ending scenario to begin with, what would be the need for change? Literally no one ever complained about how deaths not getting guns was "unbalanced" because they kept their speed boost and the runners get guns, it was balanced enough to begin with.
So I really don't get the point you're trying to make, all I am saying is that there is something that people are complaining about and it doesn't seem like you guys want to do anything about it considering the reponses.
I mean atleast Uzi said he'll be looking into, so not all responses have been that annoying.
It's always nice to change the meta of things, who knows that it might be a change that people will enjoy or not
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny

[DEATHRUN] Suggestions 5 years 2 weeks ago #1104179

Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Tamaninja wrote:
.uzi wrote:
Junrey Balawing wrote:
TheXnator wrote:
Annie Montana wrote:

None

Additional notes:

It's always nice to change the meta of things, who knows that it might be a change that people will enjoy or not
I agree that it is always nice to change things, and yes no one knows how others would react, but people can do stuff such as simple observation of others, for example: When someone picks an ending such as bhop where deaths do not get guns, do the deaths complain about it, or even going as far to ask on the server and/or forums about if people want the way the ending of a map changed.

These quite effortless things can actually aid you guys a lot
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Micky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi
Moderators: Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.962 seconds

143 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop