RP Name:
MattyX Harper
Link to Steam Profile:
steamcommunity.com/id/mattystarx/
SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:49954339
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/MattyX/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - - Haven't played on Server 2 yet, will play on it for a while next time -

Estimated Server Time
Around 100 hours

Languages I speak
English and some French

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match (RDM) is when someone kills another person without any valid RP reason
For instance - Jim casually walks by John in public, John takes out his dual berettas and shoots him down for no valid RP reason. Jim did not have a gun out, neither did he even look at John.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR) basically means when you die, you cannot go back to the same place you died, neither can you get your revenge on the person who killed you, in other words - you don't remember your previous life hence the name of the rule "New Life Rule". NLR lasts for 3 minutes.
An example of NLR - Jim is raiding John's base, he succeeds and kills John, however, John comes back right after being killed and kills Jim, John is now breaking NLR as he came back to the same place right after he died - not waiting for his NLR to end.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming is basically giving out IC info in OOC chat such as your location in-game, where you're raiding, who is raiding you, etc. You are also metagaming when giving out IC info on Skype, Teamspeak, etc.
For example - A banker is getting raided and mentions in OOC: "HELP COPS, MAH BANK IS GETTING RAIDED BY A BUNCH OF THIEVES NEAR THE FOUNTAIN, KILL THEM FOR MEH" That is Metagaming as he gave out IC info such as his location and who is raiding him in OOC chat. To avoid Metagaming you can /advert or /pm someone instead.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I would first teleport them up a roof or somewhere where they won't get killed or interrupted, I would then proceed to ask Player x for the story, after Player x has told me the story, I would ask Player y the same thing, if the stories do not match, I would ask Player x for some proof of the incident such as a screenshot or a video, if he does not have any substantial proof, I will not warn Player y, instead, I will keep an eye on him, however, if Player x does have proof and it is strong proof, I will proceed to warn Player y depending on the situation (How many players he Rdm'd)

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
Same steps, I will teleport them to a safe area and will ask Player y for the truth, did he break nlr in any way? If he refuses I would ask Player x for evidence such as a screenshot or video of it, as I cannot proof if Player y did or did not break NLR in any way without evidence of it, if he does not have any evidence I will not warn Player y though I will keep an eye on him, but if Player x does have evidence of it, I will explain to Player y what NLR is if he does not understand and will proceed to warn him for it. If he persists I would kick him.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
I would say to him in OOC chat that he is Metagaming, if he persists on Metagaming I would teleport to him and ask him to read the rules giving him a verbal warning, persisting afterwards will result in a kick.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words).
I feel that I should be chosen because I have chatted with many people on the server and got to know them a bit, I've been basing with a few people and so I hope I'm known a bit in the server. I'm also quite jovial and will try to keep calm when someone is trying to insult me. I try to get along with everyone and even when I'm not a mod I do answer questions on the OOC chat such as "Where is the PD?" or "How do I sell rocks?". I also feel I should be chosen because I have been admin in many servers with a lot of people in the community and super admin in a few of those servers, not to mention that I've been admin in Minecraft as well. I've read and understand the rules in the server. I also know the ULX commands from my previous experience as admin; knowing when and how to use the commands. I'm able to deal with a lot of situations and I hope that I can be of good help with the other mods and admins, also if I am accepted I will try my best on completing the F1 requests as sometimes I know there can be too many for the mods and admins to complete! I would hope to improve my relationship with the server a bit more and get to know everyone as well, and will also go on server 2 more often!
  • MattyX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by MattyX.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] MattyX's Application 9 years 9 months ago #56338

(Just a little Bump)
  • MattyX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 7

[SSRP MODERATOR] MattyX's Application 9 years 9 months ago #56746

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

However, the meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Rulebreaking

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

132 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT