Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New PC!

New PC! 9 years 10 months ago #51387

RadioactiveSnake wrote:
You did good, But i made a new list that will cut alot of the prices and give you alot more performance for games and such.
*this is the part where i talk another language pretty much* :D
The i7 you had was 2 generations old and just recently the new devils canyon processor came out with Much higher clock base speed and improved thermals.10 dollars for a 70% performance gain :D The mother board you also had was complete overkill and you didnt need the intel ethernet jack as motherboards over the 150 range have much better gaming specified Ethernet jacks.I also added a HDD which will be where you store everything else, the ssd should be used for the OS (windows) and say chrome or 1 or 2 games. A sound card isnt needed anymore, motherboards have them built in and most of the time are always better than an external sound card.I changed the asus 780 to an evga 780,it has better cooling and is a bit faster and cheaper. The cpu cooler is good,you can get a water cooler for it for an extra 40 if you want and i will do that but here is the final list. The build i just gave you preforms ALOT better than the previous one, and you still have an awesome Mobo that is still a bit overkill xD
tl;dr I gave you so much more performance and you saved 100 bucks
Let me know what you think and tell me if you want a water cooler for only 40 bucks and ill look for it on pc part picker (Another IMPORTANT thing i forgot to mention,do you need the i7 4790k? an i5 4690k is the best gaming processor out there atm and is 100 dollars cheaper,the i7 is needed if you record/edit regularly etc) :)
*edit- sorry if you are getting swamped with info i just cant hold my nerdiness xD
another thing is i could put the i5 in there if you arent doing video editing and with the money i saved i can get you the 780 ti which is the 2nd best gaming gpu in the world behind the 295 x2 and it will just cost you a bit cheaper than your original price.
tl:dr If you arent Video editing atleast once a week than there is no need for an i7
Gaming rig that can be used for editing and recording regularly- pcpartpicker.com/p/n2wFK8
Pure Gaming Rig and MUCH better gpu than the above.- pcpartpicker.com/p/zJQNgs
In all honestly i would go with the above one as i only ever edit videos once a month if even

780Ti will be a huge overkill if you're just playing gmod,
cryptomining is failing there are loads of cheap r9 200 series video cards.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Login or register to post a reply.

New PC! 9 years 10 months ago #51392

You have a new PC, that works pretty well?

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • LightArrowsEXE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Grumpy old anime loli
  • Thanks received: 374

New PC! 9 years 10 months ago #51393

i completely agree with you, but he wanted something better for the price he is spending on that computer. If he is just doing it for gmod i doubt he needs anything over a 270x cause my old pc with a hd 5670 runs gmod max at 1080p.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

151 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32