Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403548

Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
The Violinist wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
The Valve master server query is something we have reported to Valve and fingers crossed they sort something out, however this is the best fix we can offer until that happens.

Does this mean Zarp will switch back to the previous server location if the Valve browser is patched?

I can't personally promise anything for sure but I will say nothing is set in stone, we are just trying to do what is best for the community given the cards we have been dealt and the situation we are in.

I hope I speak for a lot of people when I say I appreciate the work you and the LT has put in to this for the sake of the future of the community. The ping might be an issue for sure, but I think it's cool we got a noticable influx of player just hours after the relocation
how many will keep playing after a day or 2

The one's that can get into JayHouse
And the rest might end up actually getting a suit to then get baited into using and losing to a rand Jay house member :woohoo:

I don't think you can exclude standby from that but yeah I agree with you
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
Login or register to post a reply.

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403550

Clarky wrote:
Sorry but you cannot compare pings for west and east coast when you’re from the EU, because that’s where it begins to actually matter.

If you had moved the server to NYC for example, I’d most likely be sitting around 70-90ms which is an absolutely fine compromise to take from having 10 ping to the previous host. I am currently at around 140ms so this excuse is not good enough in my eyes.

Don’t set yourselves in stone with this host for the love of god, majority of players are based in the EU and the increase is just simply too significant and actually does effect gameplay.
But us US players have been on 150+ ping for the past couple years :(. And THEN they removed our precious S3 forcing us to play on the EU server anyways. (not that the EU players would compromise and come play on the US server ever because losing ping advantage is just too much foh them.)
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1095
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lefty.

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403551

Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Sorry but you cannot compare pings for west and east coast when you’re from the EU, because that’s where it begins to actually matter.

If you had moved the server to NYC for example, I’d most likely be sitting around 70-90ms which is an absolutely fine compromise to take from having 10 ping to the previous host. I am currently at around 140ms so this excuse is not good enough in my eyes.

Don’t set yourselves in stone with this host for the love of god, majority of players are based in the EU and the increase is just simply too significant and actually does effect gameplay.
But us US players have been on 150+ ping for the past couple years :(. And THEN they removed our precious S3 forcing us to play on the EU server anyways. (not that the EU players would compromise and come play on the US server ever because losing ping advantage is just too much foh them.)
ZARP has always been based in the EU and the vast majority of its members come from there. I’m not trying to give any implication that NA players should just cope from the high ping because the US server was shut down due to a lack of interest like you mentioned. You’ve also mentioned something pretty big which is how EU players do not want to play on US servers, because we originated from playing EU servers and therefore prefer to keep it that way rather than go with a drastic change of latency. That is why I mentioned a compromise of having the server based in the US still but having it more closer to the Europe for latency sake, because you need to consider those who live more further in the EU than the UK itself which is where the previous host was based. This is just simply too much and not a very good change for concurrent players, however the change is done now and hopefully better plans can be made later on this year to amend this genuine issue.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403555

Clarky wrote:
Smol wrote:
Clarky wrote:

ZARP has always been based in the EU and the vast majority of its members come from there. I’m not trying to give any implication that NA players should just cope from the high ping because the US server was shut down due to a lack of interest like you mentioned. You’ve also mentioned something pretty big which is how EU players do not want to play on US servers, because we originated from playing EU servers and therefore prefer to keep it that way rather than go with a drastic change of latency. That is why I mentioned a compromise of having the server based in the US still but having it more closer to the Europe for latency sake, because you need to consider those who live more further in the EU than the UK itself which is where the previous host was based. This is just simply too much and not a very good change for concurrent players, however the change is done now and hopefully better plans can be made later on this year to amend this genuine issue.
I still think the server should be moved to the other side of the US but most of the EU players are being a little inconsiderate when talking about how they can't take the ping that some people were already dealing with.
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403560

Loving the new influx of high value members of the community letting me know the server is gonna be put on reddit and ddosed then how ima be doxed and they are gonna rape and kill my mother :pray: :pray: :pray: Just like good old days of zarp!
  • Indiana Jones
  • Legendary Member
  • aghaha yaaaaah
  • Thanks received: 4043
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killa Kappa

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403561

trump would be proud
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403562

Nafe wrote:
we hate british people
Wow! would've never guessed.
  • Jaden.
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1024

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403564

I love it
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403565

User 24823 wrote:
Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
The Violinist wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
The Valve master server query is something we have reported to Valve and fingers crossed they sort something out, however this is the best fix we can offer until that happens.

Does this mean Zarp will switch back to the previous server location if the Valve browser is patched?

I can't personally promise anything for sure but I will say nothing is set in stone, we are just trying to do what is best for the community given the cards we have been dealt and the situation we are in.

I hope I speak for a lot of people when I say I appreciate the work you and the LT has put in to this for the sake of the future of the community. The ping might be an issue for sure, but I think it's cool we got a noticable influx of player just hours after the relocation

And the rest might end up actually getting a suit to then get baited into using and losing to a rand Jay house member :woohoo:

But I can, because I can kick people and no one in my gang plays anyways :dry:
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403566

Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
The Violinist wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:

i play :D
  • CEO of Business
  • Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • auzwald
  • Thanks received: 2305

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403567

CEO of Business wrote:
Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
Smol wrote:
User 24823 wrote:
The Violinist wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Nafe wrote:

i play :D
LOL RAND (also 90% of my gang is in the cm team #biased life)
  • Smol
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403577

ZARP trying to expose me.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3528

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403588

Clarky wrote:
is just simply too significant and actually does effect gameplay.

play it for years and its just fine :)
  • Lefty.
  • Legendary Member
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1811

Signed by:
ronaldmarc2009
CEO of Business
jutsu ballah
JoshuaIsGreat (not racist)
names will now end here due to banishment
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lerpson

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403589

Lefty. wrote:
Clarky wrote:

its easier to complain :D
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1817
Jay House number 1 as always

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403592

Lefty. wrote:
Clarky wrote:

i play low ping for years just fine too so idk what's ur point :)
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9544

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403598

Just put a server in the middle of the Atlantic
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1638
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403605

Clarky wrote:

I'll repeat myself again then, nothing is set in stone. The statistics literally prove to us that only the US seems to have any semblence of life. We can not move the server to the east coast as the hardware is not suitable for us. The ping difference between the two locations is not noticeable, I myself have been playing and the only difference I have noticed is my master sword taking like a third of a second longer to jump.
  • Nafe
  • Thanks received: 11872
The following user(s) said Thank You: ItsDonny

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403617

Nafe wrote:
Clarky wrote:

I'll repeat myself again then, nothing is set in stone. The statistics literally prove to us that only the US seems to have any semblence of life. We can not move the server to the east coast as the hardware is not suitable for us. The ping difference between the two locations is not noticeable, I myself have been playing and the only difference I have noticed is my master sword taking like a third of a second longer to jump.

and also my bind take 1 second delay to used :/
  • sinzz
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ! The New Sinz !
  • Thanks received: 2474

Regarding the Maintenence 1 year 1 month ago #1403619

Cool bro but when did I ask?
  • euan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP