• Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213330

I don’t know why everyone is saying happy shouldn’t have got CC but he comes up with some good suggestions for deathrun and ssrp and would make a good CC member
Congrats happy :clap:
  • BCAT
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future deathrun owner
  • Thanks received: 667
★Ex SSRP Admin★
★Ex Deathrun SuperAdmin★
★Ex Teamspeak/Discord Staff★
★Ex PropHunt/TTT Admin★
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy, Martin

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213331

Happy was a good candidate for the community council. He contributed a lot of suggestions towards Deathrun and he's actively trying to contribute ideas to SSRP. He makes up for his lack of SSRP experience with dedication and he's definately willing to learn.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Square Pizza is the BEST!
  • Thanks received: 1877
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Martin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Happy

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213333

The Martin wrote:
Happy was a good candidate for the community council. He contributed a lot of suggestions towards Deathrun and he's actively trying to contribute ideas to SSRP. He makes up for his lack of SSRP experience with dedication and he's definately willing to learn.

Hey Martin, you should have experience before you enter the Community Council, without this he will vote on suggestions without knowing if they are actually good or bad. Clarky should've gotten this position as he had way more experience and has already proven his dedication over multiple years.

Best Wishes,
Niko
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Clarky, iFreshFruit, Kyber, spicydoggo and 4 more...

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213334

Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Hey Martin, you should have experience before you enter the Community Council, without this he will vote on suggestions without knowing if they are actually good or bad. Clarky should've gotten this position as he had way more experience and has already proven his dedication over multiple years.

Best Wishes,
Niko
Couldn't have said it better myself. Why accept someone with much less experience just because they are "willing to learn" rather than someone who already has tons of experience on SSRP and will know how to vote on suggestions in the best interest of the server.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m, Kyber

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213335

this is so cool, add third person now :silly:
  • Kato_
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • User is permanently banned from the Zarp service.
  • Thanks received: 278
I sometimes question your staffing ability for example:
When in game your were shouting "jugger". I asked you what it meant and you said it is a Canadian word for the n-word

If you want staff again you really need to get your act together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reversed

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213337

Literally the worst thing that could have happened. Im not surprised I didnt get accepted, but clarky? Come on.
Happy was probably the worst candidate for this position. You shouldnt just give it to him because he holds staff ranks on multiple servers, and I know thats why you did.
You're ruining the whole idea of the community council that I came up with.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1637
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Community Council Creator (May it rest in piece)
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213339

Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko
Couldn't have said it better myself. Why accept someone with much less experience just because they are "willing to learn" rather than someone who already has tons of experience on SSRP and will know how to vote on suggestions in the best interest of the server.

It's not about "rather" accepting anyone. It's not like we can only accept one applicant. We voted on every applicant individually, independent from one another. Even if we accepted Clarky we would habe probably accepted Happy aswell. There is no limit to how many members we accept. It's not like we said "Oh hey, lets deny Clarky and accept Happy instead to piss him off..." - Accepting Happy had nothing to do with Clarky

As I said, Happy has convinced us with his dedication and the effort he has put into Deathrun and other Pointshop servers. Don't forget that the community council is not only about SSRP. You also don't need to know everything about SSRP to vote on most SSRP related suggestions. He's got plenty of time to learn an he's got the support of other community council members that are more knowledged when it comes to SSRP.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Martin.

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213341

The Martin wrote:
Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko

It's not about "rather" accepting anyone. It's not like we can only accept one applicant. We voted on every applicant individually, independent from one another. Even if we accepted Clarky we would habe probably accepted Happy aswell. There is no limit to how many members we accept. It's not like we said "Oh hey, lets deny Clarky and accept Happy instead to piss him off..." - Accepting Happy had nothing to do with Clarky

As I said, Happy has convinced us with his dedication and the effort he has put into Deathrun and other Pointshop servers. Don't forget that the community council is not only about SSRP. You also don't need to know everything about SSRP to vote on most SSRP related suggestions. He's got plenty of time to learn an he's got the support of other community council members that are more knowledged when it comes to SSRP.
Thats fine and all but when he has a critical vote on SSRP matters, while not understanding how SSRP OR the SSRP economy works, its going to be a massive shit show.
Me and majority of the community would much rather someone like clarky who actually knows what theyre going to be voting on to represent SSRP.
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: 0yc37xrk6m

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213342

The Martin wrote:
Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko

Hey again, Martin. My point still stands. You do need to know a fair amount on SSRP to know what you should be voting for. If a suggestion came up that was extremely useless, he might not have enough experience to know that it is a bad suggestion. He should not have to rely on other people's opinions. You can show dedication and effort but still have terrible ideas. From what I can tell, it isn't that he has little experience anymore, its about the awful suggestions he is making. Clearly, he doesn't know anything about SSRP. As far as I know, SSRP is ZARP's main server and should be focused on the most. He should know what he is doing before he even joins the Community Council. People who need "time to learn" should not be accepted.

Also, nobody said that you guys accepted Happy to piss off Clarky, that was quite the random thing to mention.

Thanks,
Niko
  • 0yc37xrk6m
  • Adept Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1995

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213343

The Martin wrote:
Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko

I guess I worded that wrong. I understand how the voting system works (obviously) and know that it is independent and not based on the other person. What I was trying to say was, Happy has shown throughout his posts on the forums that he is not very knowledgeable on SSRP related issues, whereas Clarky is. It would have made the most sense, in my opinion, to accept both of them, as Clarky would have been the perfect choice for SSRP and Happy would be good for pointshop. It would have balanced things out.
But now, SSRP issues and suggestions dont have someone like Clarky to vote on the matters or issue their opinions due to their long time experience, that is all I was trying to say. I personally feel it would have been much more beneficial to have someone who has had years of experience on not only SSRP, but also the pointshop.
  • Henny
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • LLHA
  • Thanks received: 2237
Ex - TTT Server Owner
Ex - TF2 HA, Prophunt SA
Ex - SSRP Administrator

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213344

Markus Chellwigg wrote:
The Martin wrote:
Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko

Thats fine and all but when he has a critical vote on SSRP matters, while not understanding how SSRP OR the SSRP economy works, its going to be a massive shit show.
Me and majority of the community would much rather someone like clarky who actually knows what theyre going to be voting on to represent SSRP.
by no means do I agree with the decision on Happy nor Clarky, but people don't have to put their opinion into things for the CC if they don't want to, I don't play SSRP so I never voted on stuff for it and only really payed attention to PS items, claiming that Happy will single-handedly fuck up SSRP during critical votes couldn't be much further from the truth and while I agree that the CC got this one wrong, only time will tell what will come from it
  • Chespin
  • Legendary Member
  • stay outta tha fiyah
  • Thanks received: 1336
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-Prop Hunt Super Administrator x2
Ex-Team Fortress 2 Super Administrator
Ex-TTT Administrator x3
Ex-Community Council Member
Ex-Server Applications Forum Mod

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213345

Nikoo wrote:
Also, nobody said that you guys accepted Happy to piss off Clarky, that was quite the random thing to mention.

You missed the point on this one. Might habe worded that a bit wrong. It was more about the "rather" than the "to piss off Clarky". I dont even know why I added that lol

Anyways to close this off... i stated my reasons behind voting for Happy. I can assure you that I will vote yes on the next good applicant with SSRP knowledge. I won't state my reasons for voting against Clarky publicly on this thread as it would only lead to drama and bloated replies. Although SSRP is very important we still have pointshop servers that need to be taken care of. I acknowledge your concerns but I want to reassure you that we don't just blindly vote on applicants without thinking. We've got our reasons. We look into every applicant and we take the needs of every corner of the community into our decisions. This will be my last reply on the matter. If you want to discuss any of this further feel free to message me on discord or poke me when I'm on teamspeak.
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213346

Chespin wrote:
Markus Chellwigg wrote:
The Martin wrote:
Henny wrote:
Nikoo wrote:
The Martin wrote:

Best Wishes,
Niko

by no means do I agree with the decision on Happy nor Clarky, but people don't have to put their opinion into things for the CC if they don't want to, I don't play SSRP so I never voted on stuff for it and only really payed attention to PS items, claiming that Happy will single-handedly fuck up SSRP during critical votes couldn't be much further from the truth and while I agree that the CC got this one wrong, only time will tell what will come from it
Yes he doesnt have to vote on it if he doesnt want to, but his posts clearly show he has an interest in changing SSRP, and judging by his ideas and awful suggestions, this shows that he clearly doesnt know enough about what the community want, which is the entire point of the community council. Having someone in there that clearly goes against the communities views defeats the point of the council and just makes it another ridiculous ego pumping spawn of awful ideas and content
  • Markus
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
Former:
SSRP Superadmin
Prophunt Moderator
BHOP Moderator

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chespin

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213348

Boy am I glad people in this community have common sense because no one is willing to even tell me why I was denied so what the hell can I do?
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213350

Not quoting the thread because the messages are insane but Martin said: "you do not need to know everything about SSRP to vote on SSRP related suggestions." Unfortunately, you do, you're gonna tell me that if someone new to SSRP is gonna start making the decisions onto what is added what is changed and what is fixed? Not only I, who is only a 2017 Zarp baby is accepting of this but many other players with a lot of experience on the server would not like this. Not only is this common sense but why are you trying to justify your actions? @martin
  • Lerpson
  • Nitro Booster
  • black people should totally be allowed to vote
  • Thanks received: 1823
Jay House number 1 as always

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213351

Clarky wrote:
Boy am I glad people in this community have common sense because no one is willing to even tell me why I was denied so what the hell can I do?
you had a different opinion than Xnator that is why
  • Blueperson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Jump in a bridge
  • Thanks received: 637

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213352

There comes another meeting to apply for dw :silly:
  • Jeans
  • Expert Boarder
  • Free Ezehzz
  • Thanks received: 264

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213353

Carson wrote:
why are you trying to justify your actions? @martin

Uhm... sorry for trying to be transparent, i guess?
  • Martin
  • Community Owner

[COMMUNITY COUNCIL] Meeting Outcome 17/04/2020 4 years 2 weeks ago #1213354

The Martin wrote:
Carson wrote:
why are you trying to justify your actions? @martin

Uhm... sorry for trying to be transparent, i guess?

Not allowed around here, sorry.
  • OnionRings
  • Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 5656
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

154 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40