Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770498

RealDenis wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:
I would also like to thank the community as a whole for giving me feedback and believing in me.
You don't know whether "the community as a whole" believed in you because we didn't get to fucking vote.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I am really surprised at the outcome I mean no one would have expected that the current CMs would choose Max and Captin over other candidates I mean seriously when I first heard that the community couldn't vote the first thought that came into my mind was "Great this means that the current CMs won't choose their personal preferences over the preferences of the community!"

It's a democratic community and it's a fair vote each and every time. Just because your favorite candidate wasn't accepted doesn't mean you need to go bitching here on the forums. They were denied because the current community team felt Max and CaptinF1rework were the most fit candidates and you should respect that.
My favourite candidate was accepted though sonny so chill the fuck out.

I'm criticizing the lack of a community wide vote. Letting 2 people choose what happens is not democratic son especially when a lot of the community is unhappy with what they have done and their decisions. That is the opposite of democratic. I can't respect something that isn't democratic in any way.

Well the last time that happen some votes were bought :side:
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator
Login or register to post a reply.

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770500

CrankyBot wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:
I would also like to thank the community as a whole for giving me feedback and believing in me.
You don't know whether "the community as a whole" believed in you because we didn't get to fucking vote.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I am really surprised at the outcome I mean no one would have expected that the current CMs would choose Max and Captin over other candidates I mean seriously when I first heard that the community couldn't vote the first thought that came into my mind was "Great this means that the current CMs won't choose their personal preferences over the preferences of the community!"

It's a democratic community and it's a fair vote each and every time. Just because your favorite candidate wasn't accepted doesn't mean you need to go bitching here on the forums. They were denied because the current community team felt Max and CaptinF1rework were the most fit candidates and you should respect that.

I'm criticizing the lack of a community wide vote. Letting 2 people choose what happens is not democratic son especially when a lot of the community is unhappy with what they have done and their decisions. That is the opposite of democratic. I can't respect something that isn't democratic in any way.

Yeah I know but voter fraud happens in real life too does that mean all countries with voter fraud should become dictatorships too?
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770502

RealDenis wrote:
CrankyBot wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

Yeah I know but voter fraud happens in real life too does that mean all countries with voter fraud should become dictatorships too?

Denis did make a valid point there, however there are clear positives and negatives for each side.
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4845
Yes I'm female
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by narexa.

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770503

CrankyBot wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

Then you counter that. Maybe someone in the community team payed someone to vote on him I mean corrupts is everywhere.
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770510

Congratz but you guys forgot about raeker,annie and xnator
  • Bhavya Shah
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 246

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770521

Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

The good thing about a community wide vote is that there are more people so a larger diversity whereas there were 4 members in the community team who spend most of their time together so it's less diverse of a vote. Also I don't really see any democracy in it the only democratic part is 4 people out of the 34K members.
  • Jeppe
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Martyr!
  • Thanks received: 1154
Studio Banter wrote:
Mage you will always be remembered as the first person to write a fuck you list on Zarp and a bonus for not getting it deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XxmasterxX, SwiiFTz, Denis

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770525

I feel like the community is turning into north Korea

Morgan begin Kim jong un
  • XxmasterxX
  • Diamond Boarder
  • PartyKing!
  • Thanks received: 714

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770533

how come there wasnt a vote?
  • Jabbee
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • yayayaya
  • Thanks received: 569

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770536

Why the fuck is raeker not accepted? ? ?
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Nick0GR.

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770538

Jabbee wrote:

There was a vote just not a community wide one.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770542

EiPUS wrote:
Jabbee wrote:

Yeah instead they thought it would be a great idea to have 4 people choose for 36000+ people. Cuz that makes sense.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770545

_qwerty_ wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

The good thing about a community wide vote is that there are more people so a larger diversity whereas there were 4 members in the community team who spend most of their time together so it's less diverse of a vote. Also I don't really see any democracy in it the only democratic part is 4 people out of the 34K members.
You are wrong. You all voted for the 2 Community Managers and now you whine about their decisions? The reason the community didnt vote was because they already voted for 2 Members to represent them.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by RFlex.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Wroolie

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770547

RealDenis wrote:
EiPUS wrote:
Jabbee wrote:

Yeah instead they thought it would be a great idea to have 4 people choose for 36000+ people. Cuz that makes sense.
You also need to stop whining. You chose Para and Tyler to represent the community and now you are against it?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770560

Xuecs Payne wrote:
_qwerty_ wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

You are wrong. You all voted for the 2 Community Managers and now you whine about their decisions? The reason the community didnt vote was because they already voted for 2 Members to represent them.
We voted for them a year ago buddy. A lot changes in a year and we didn't vote for 2 members to choose the next 2 members, we voted for them to fulfill their promises. Any democratic government currently in existence disallows spiritual binding AKA choosing your successor. So I think you'll find I'm not wrong pal

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Para and Tyler proved time and time again that they are unfit to represent the community by failing it repeatedly, many members of the community feel that they are incorrectly represented by Para and Tyler so please educate yourself before you try to argue out of your ass. Its completely possible that the community's opinion of the CMs changes over a year.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Denis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbee, pigskin

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770602

RealDenis wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
_qwerty_ wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

We voted for them a year ago buddy. A lot changes in a year and we didn't vote for 2 members to choose the next 2 members, we voted for them to fulfill their promises. Any democratic government currently in existence disallows spiritual binding AKA choosing your successor. So I think you'll find I'm not wrong pal

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Para and Tyler proved time and time again that they are unfit to represent the community by failing it repeatedly, many members of the community feel that they are incorrectly represented by Para and Tyler so please educate yourself before you try to argue out of your ass. Its completely possible that the community's opinion of the CMs changes over a year.
No one said they would go back to their original position after their CM year. Last years CM votes clearly stated that you would be voting for someone to represent you. Its not my fault that you might have regretted it now. The CMs you voted for decided that this years CMs would be voted by them.

Understand that this is a business and not a presidential election. A community wide vote was held last year because there were no other community managers at that time but now that there are of course they will be the ones voting for their new partners. This is a manager's position in a business. No business asks their public supporters on who they should promote to such a high rank, they hold a democratic meeting with the current owners and managers of the business.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770605

Xuecs Payne wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
EiPUS wrote:
Jabbee wrote:

You also need to stop whining. You chose Para and Tyler to represent the community and now you are against it?
What if he didn't vote para and tyler? You know there were like a dozen applicants last year
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
  • Thanks received: 1440
falling for the pink pill :OMEGALUL:

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770612

RealDenis wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
_qwerty_ wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

Don't even argue with him, he's too stupid to think properly
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770619

DarrenB wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
EiPUS wrote:
Jabbee wrote:

What if he didn't vote para and tyler? You know there were like a dozen applicants last year
The community he is a part of did though and should respect that seeing that he is so obsessed with democracy.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770624

Xuecs Payne wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
_qwerty_ wrote:
Morgan wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
_Max wrote:

No one said they would go back to their original position after their CM year. Last years CM votes clearly stated that you would be voting for someone to represent you. Its not my fault that you might have regretted it now. The CMs you voted for decided that this years CMs would be voted by them.

Understand that this is a business and not a presidential election. A community wide vote was held last year because there were no other community managers at that time but now that there are of course they will be the ones voting for their new partners. This is a manager's position in a business. No business asks their public supporters on who they should promote to such a high rank, they hold a democratic meeting with the current owners and managers of the business.
Are you dumb or something? You call it a community and then you call it a business are you actually lost in the head? No business can be referred to as a community neither does any business have a membership of 36000+ people. No business which chooses their manager's position claims to be democratically representative. It is a business for Chute and a community for the players you are not only incorrect but I'm seriously questioning whether you are able to think logically.

Do you know why leaders like democracy? Its because a fair and democratic election grants the elected individuals a significant amount of legitimacy. Whenever Para and Tyler made a decision the argument could always be made that "You chose them to represent you" but in this case it cannot be made for 2 reasons:

1) We chose for them to fulfill their promises and make certain community wide decisions, not to choose their successors.

2) The new CMs are not democratically elected or chosen by the community so now when they make a decision that members of the community don't agree with they have no protection from the system they were elected through since they weren't fairly elected.

This on the whole makes their job a lot harder since people have actual fair reasons to disagree with them and ultimately decreases the confidence in the CM team. Nothing can be changed this year but hopefully next year an improvement to the choosing of the CMs will be made and my criticisms will be taken into consideration.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

COMMUNITY TEAM 2018 - WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT 6 years 4 months ago #770625

Xuecs Payne wrote:
DarrenB wrote:
Xuecs Payne wrote:
RealDenis wrote:
EiPUS wrote:
Jabbee wrote:

The community he is a part of did though and should respect that seeing that he is so obsessed with democracy.
Since you're from Greece, you should know how democracy works. An individual has the right to vote exactly because he might have different opinions than others, respecting doesn't mean he agrees with it
EDIT: You said in another post we voted for them to represent the community but it looks like they listen to their friends than us
  • pigskin
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • uwu
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by pigskin.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

209 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf