Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ZARP BASEWARS?!

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590328

Lately I have been working with Luki Guki in order to create a Basewars server for ZARP, and we want to know what the community thinks of the idea. Everything that we have written about in this post has already been created. Anything further that people suggest could go down as possibilities, and if we add anything further to the server, we will update this post.

Having a Basewars server on ZARP was part of Para & Tyler’s Community Manager campaign, and a lot of the community liked the idea of that, which is what led us to believe the gamemode would be good for ZARP, and the community is relatively familiar with the gamemode.
We will be using a Basewars gamemode edited quite a bit by myself in order to add some more features, and in order to ensure that the whole gamemode is running smoothly and so that we are not limited by the base of what the gamemode contains.
The gamemode itself is like SSRP in a way, but revolves completely around basing and raiding, with that being the only way to make money (people who don’t like the idea of AFK mining or OP weapons would find Basewars an excellent gamemode).

The server will use M9K weapons, without any added OP weapons, only edited to optimise some weapons, which will be purchasable from the shop built into the Q-menu, which is made to be easily editable in order to add any more weapons which are not already there.
There will be a few weapons which are not part of M9K, as they are part of the gamemode itself, and are required to give it the authenticity that it holds (and to make the gamemode actually function as it is intended).

We will be using the SCars addon in order to add cars to the server, which will also be purchasable from the Q-menu shop for $5,000,000 for cars, and $6,500,000 for motorbikes (prices and the cars for sale are easily configurable).
The SCars addon is a very well made cars addon, with a large variety of cars, and also some more realistic than other addons (cars will explode if crashed too much, with smoke and flame effects when the car health is too low, and a rear-view mirror on the car HUD). The addon also includes quite a lot more which adds to the uniqueness, with some nice little customisation features for the cars.
Cars are not something that are overly common on Basewars servers, however we feel it suits the gamemode and adds a nice little touch to it, enhancing the server and making it stand out from the rest.

The HUD will be a relatively highly edited version of the HUD from the gamemode, including all of the necessary information, and a nice popups system, but not too much to flood the screen.
We will also have a scoreboard which will be an edited version of a simplistic but nice DarkRP scoreboard (edited for the gamemode, and also to fix some bugs / issues) which will show either “Citizen” or the name of a user’s Faction for their team, and will display their name in their Faction’s colour or grey as the colour for their name. The scoreboard also includes more features such as a dropdown menu for users, and other basic requirements for a scoreboard.
The shop built into the Q-Menu is also edited from the gamemode in order to smoothen it up a bit, and also to add more features to it, and make it easier to add new items / sections.

Edited from the original gamemode, we will have a Factions system. This is basically a teams system which will allow users to base with each other & team up if they are in the same faction. Due to the fact that Factions are just meant to be a little group of people who want to base / raid together, they do not save when people leave the server, however it is still a nice little thing to get users to base and raid together. The in-game team / group chat will link to factions so that users are able to talk privately within their faction easily.

We have added some extra tools such as the Advanced Duplicator and the Improved Stacker, along with the SPD addon to manage prop health and destroying props, and allowing users to easily see how much health their props have remaining, in order to ensure that bases are not invisible, and also to ensure that they are not overly easy to destroy. The Advanced Duplicator and Stacker tool will also greatly help users to build and save their bases, as it does on SSRP. Users will be able to spawn props and create bases / base dupes similarly to on SSRP, through the Q-Menu.

We will be using ULX (easiest to fit with the gamemode), combined with AWarn on the server in order to make it easy for staff members to manage the server, and giving them the required administrative powers.
We will also have the URM addon which is an extra ULX addon which allows easy restrictions for groups to stop users from using certain tools, props, entities, weapons, etc. This allows easy managementfor what users are able to spawn, and stops them from using tools which could potentially ruin the gamemode, or give them an unfair advantage.

We will include a reports system on the server to allow users to easily report rulebreakers to staff. The reports system will contain some preset options for what a player can report for, give an option for who to report, and also to allow them to give some extra details of the report. Staff will be able to view reports, set them as “In Progress” when they are handling them, and then to delete them when the report is finished. This system will allow for staff to easily know when users are breaking rules, and to sort out situations with ease. This will also be paired with a logging system (damage, kills, chat & more) to further aid staff with handling issues.

For the users who just want to solo-base, or anyone who wants to listen to music while they base or raid, we will have the Botdan Jukebox on the server, to allow users to easily listen to music, and to request new songs. Having the Jukebox on the server would just be a nice little side-addon, but a nice and unique thing for players to enjoy.

We will follow the same hierarchy as other ZARP servers within the staff team of:

Moderator > Admin > Super Admin > Head Admin > Server Owner

We will start off with 2 Server Owners, myself (TheXnator) and Luki Guki, along with a starting staff team which has not yet been decided on.

The server rules will be as follows:

1.0 General Rules:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

2.0 Gamemode Rules
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by TheXnator.
The topic has been locked.

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590329

Already been suggested :/
  • Dezmond
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • El Autismo
  • Thanks received: 252

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590330

this was already posted?
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590331

Already done.
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590332

Dezmond wrote:
This one is actually made though.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590333

rip dream
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: _Lewis

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590334

For those saying that it is already done, people have made a suggestion with concepts. We have created this already in a proper server.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by TheXnator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luki_Guki

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590338

You don't have that much experience in this field in my opinion, plus you own a server and your activity wouldn't hold.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 6527

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590339

Can we base in elevators there?
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeppe

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590340

m9k weapons = gai = :minussp:
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590342

AceInsidious wrote:

Of course
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590343

:plussp: I played this on his test server I liked it he had everything ready and set
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590347

Morgan wrote:

You don't have that much experience in this field in my opinion, plus you own a server and your activity wouldn't hold.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
  • Luki_Guki
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • guy
  • Thanks received: 1394
Fuck off Luki, why do you have to do this ear rape type beat to my homie EMP.. he JOINED YOUR CHANNEL just for you, and you welcome him like that ? come on bro, have some respect to the big ballers man, and when i say big ballers, i don't mean it in weight. He actually lost 250 pounds,

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590348

TheXnator wrote:
AceInsidious wrote:

Of course

I'm in
  • AceInsidious
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Memed
  • Thanks received: 3661

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590349

XNATOR GETS THE SERVER,LUKI AND XNATOR HAVE BEEN WORKING THEIR ASSES OF FOR THIS

I helped a little :)
  • Megumin
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ★ Dont Mind Me ★
  • Thanks received: 108
Nupe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nate, Luki_Guki

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590351

I dont get why you make this post for people to vote like you care what the outcome will be. In the prop hunt vote it was 50% No and 50% Yes but you still decided to create it. Also maybe focus on your current staff duties rather than trying to get as many high ranks as possible.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee, Jetzzy, Raeker, Chienman

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590352

If this is already made post screenshots and we will be able to make a better verdict.
  • Xeronise
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • sadboys best gang ♿♿
  • Thanks received: 1539
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin, MichaeI

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590356

Oh shit someone already fucking suggested this!

Lets rush this fast and post it

You are already owner don't see where you are gonna find time to run 2 servers and get your requirements for the other servers you are staff on
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3851

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590358

Dezmond wrote:

Yeah Well have you translated an entire script from russian made a server and tested it?

XNATOR gets the server!!!!!!!
  • Megumin
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ★ Dont Mind Me ★
  • Thanks received: 108
Nupe

ZARP BASEWARS?! 6 years 10 months ago #590364

Mayumi Reiko wrote:
Dezmond wrote:

Yeah Well have you translated an entire script from russian made a server and tested it?

XNATOR gets the server!!!!!!!
I dont think Garrys Mod reads Russian Lua so what are yiu talking about?
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

158 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun