Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Should something like this be added?

Yes 14 82.4%
No 3 17.6%
Total number of voters: 17 ( MrPing, JoeSweeney, Windows, RubyTheSlump, vitx ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600827

Server Name: Forums & All Servers

Suggestion Title: Improving demote requests by adding a decent system to keep track of all records. You would basically as a forum moderator archive all accepted demote requests for the specific administrator that has been accused of not doing his job right/breaking rules.

How would it benefit the server: Making it more fair seeing your demote request have an impact rather than it just going to waste and get forgotten the next day, which in return makes it quite useless to even make those requests for normal users.

Potential Issues/Exploits: This suggestions has a few issues to it. The main one except it's a whole new system to be added (to make this as good as possible that is). There are also issues such as who should be able to access this. Should it be public for everyone? Should it be a forum mod feature only to make it look better? In my opinion the best solution to this is to give all Super-Admins on the gmod servers forum moderator (or a new rank) so they can handle this easier without the need of a third man to finish the job. This might seem rather unneeded but if you visualise it's actually rather proffesional.

Additional notes: I just saw a rather popular thread where normal users find it unfair breaking rules as a normal user compared to being a staff member. I myself also find it unfair how staff members can get away with such actions. I was however inspired to create this specific idea i've had in mind for a while, to keep track of previous records of demote requests we would need a decent system. We can't keep it all in our heads which is the reason staff often get away with multiple rulebreaks, it doesn't always have to be the one dealing with the problems fault. Here is how I personally would want it to work:

As forum staff you would have the ability to visit other peoples profiles, investigate their user profile by clicking a button that would look somewhat similar to this
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
That button would in return lead a menu looking like this
As you probably notice the staff member has alot of recent demote request so the next one should more than likely dictate a demotion for the user. Thanks to this system the Super-Admin can more fairly punish admins & mods.

The way you would add a demote request on someones profile would be via clicking a newly added button under the posters signature.

Before i get any insults for using paint. It's an illustration, giving the lead team an idea of what they can improve on to make it easier to deal with demote requests. there's multiple ways to solve this problem and there are alot of simplified ways to do so such as a trello. I'd appreciate other criticism as long as they include decent counter arguments to improve the suggestion as a whole.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by catboy sven ツ.
Login or register to post a reply.

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600831

:plussp: seems cool
  • Hamzah
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ayy
  • Thanks received: 390

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600834

What you want to demote a staff member? you're just a hater! why don't you apply if you can do better! all you do is complain!
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600835

So invalid demote requests would be shown too?
If official warnings are shown, alright, verbal talks and denied Demote requests? Not really, as the reason for verbals is to talk to a staff member make him aware of what he did wrong and not punish him.
  • Pegasus
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • CEO of Pegasus Corporation
  • Thanks received: 317

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600838

PegasusPrimus wrote:
If official warnings are shown, alright, verbal talks and denied Demote requests? Not really, as the reason for verbals is to talk to a staff member make him aware of what he did wrong and not punish him.

You would basically as a forum moderator archive all accepted demote requests

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough but it's up there
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600841

Aspect wrote:
PegasusPrimus wrote:

You would basically as a forum moderator archive all accepted demote requests

Sorry if it wasn't clear enough but it's up there

Alright thanks lad, I don't know if this is top priority, but I don't see anything negative about it. My opinion is that only staff should be able to see them.
:support: Until convinced otherwise.
  • Pegasus
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • CEO of Pegasus Corporation
  • Thanks received: 317

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600845

Sorry, I forgot to add a poll. Give your vote and better statistics to show that this is NEEDED for equality to make ZARP GREAT AGAIN!
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600856

Think there should be some sort of strike system, if a staff member has 3 report abuses accepted against him in the space of a month actual action is taken (ie an official warning)

Yes, staff will fuck up now and again but there's levels to it; it becomes a joke when you have 4 report abuses accepted against you and you still get "a talking to".
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600859

Jenga wrote:
Think there should be some sort of strike system, if a staff member has 3 report abuses accepted against him in the space of a month actual action is taken (ie an official warning)

Yes, staff will fuck up now and again but there's levels to it; it becomes a joke when you have 4 report abuses accepted against you and you still get "a talking to".

This is kind of a strike system, but accepted demote requests can be differ from one and another. With this system this is not a problem because the super admin handling the request can look at all the demote requests to get good idea of how the staff has been doing and if he's got a bad record he should be punished. A strike system is very limited and could result very unfair decisions.

For example if you as a staff member has broken 4-5 minor rules over the course of 3 months that are A not ruining someone elses game experience or B are very confusing and misleading you couldn't possibly be demoted for such minor task. However if you ammo exploit multiple times and always use reasons as "I didn't know it was a rule". Then it's very easy to dictate he clearly doesn't give a shit and should be stripped from his rankings.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #600943

bump
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604286

This was forgotten fast, probably cause made during night

bump

Also please leave feedback if you didn't understand the topic fully. I understand it could have been structured better after looking through it again.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604291

At first I thought it was gonna be 5 accepted demote requests you actually get demoted instead of 25, but oh well I guess that will never happen, instead a slap on the wrist will happen.

Maybe one day the staff team won't be extremely corrupt lmao.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604303

According to SSRP lead team making abuse reports is classed as being toxic so :minussp: to many toxic people
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3850
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Sada..

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604957

Sada wrote:
According to SSRP lead team making abuse reports is classed as being toxic so :minussp: to many toxic people

That is completely irrelevant to the suggestion, please bring that shit attitude somewhere else
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604963

Since this is a forum board every post is "archived" - as in it stays forever unless it's deleted by forum staff, which demote requests shouldn't be. You can already view all the demote requests on someone by simply searching the forums. I think what you're getting at is a more strict strike system, like what Jenga said.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604964

Viking wrote:

Since this is a forum board every post is "archived" - as in it stays forever unless it's deleted by forum staff, which demote requests shouldn't be. You can already view all the demote requests on someone by simply searching the forums. I think what you're getting at is a more strict strike system, like what Jenga said.

Sure, this is durable on paper but the staff members clearly don't use this enough, they only use the current demote requests and not the previous ones (possible thanks to the "I have changed" ethos). It also has flaws to it such as people sometimes forgetting to put a name on the topic which leaves it like blank saying only "Demote Request SSRP" or whatever. Zarp clearly needs a change and to make sure no one goes unpunished I still stand for my point.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #604990

Aspect wrote:
Sada wrote:

That is completely irrelevant to the suggestion, please bring that shit attitude somewhere else

It's joke calm down its good suggestion yes no toxic
  • Sada.
  • Mythical Boarder
  • Confused and disgusted by the ban
  • Thanks received: 3850

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #605006

Sada wrote:
Aspect wrote:
Sada wrote:

It's joke calm down its good suggestion yes no toxic

Not sure how it's a joke dragging people down like you and alot of others always do. It's apparently always the excuse for such behavior. Please stop because no one enjoys reading your so called "jokes".
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #605048

Yes demote #tyler4badCM +support
  • vitx
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 308

Forum Suggestion - Adding a System for D-Requests 6 years 11 months ago #605099

vitx wrote:
Yes demote #tyler4badCM +support

+Support
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

• Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

125 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
4/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop