Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] HL2:RP

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596736

_Max wrote:
It's not really that popular of a gamemode and will take a lot to get running. RP servers that have not been created by chute / EMP have never been complete (perp). As para said it doesn't really fit in on ZARP. That is just my opinion ofc.
This server won't be made by some immature people who don't even really care or aren't old enough yet to take responsibility. It seems like the developer is very experienced.
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596791

lMichaell wrote:
In my eyes, you cannot roleplay properly without having voice-chat, the fact that you have to type, where in some situations quick reaction timing is key in role-play, you aren't gonna press "y" and type "put up your hands" where as you can press "x" and shout "PUT UP YOU'RE HANDS RIGHT NOW"

I think voice-chat is a key aspect in role-play, maybe adding g-speak just like some role-play servers have.
www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/1656/gspe...smod-with-teamspeak3
I'll still vote yes on it maybe you can change your mind.
ParaMontana wrote:
Serious roleplay does not really fit with zarp . imo
Everyone has a different taste in GMOD, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others will, even with the ethos it is still possible, simple by adding a "points" system, where once you get a certain amount of points you get banned, instead of instantly getting banned, where the ethos would have to be ignored.

Anyhow, hope this goes well, i'll be sure to play on it, but keep in mind, voice-chat is very important for roleplay.
VoiceChat absolutely kills any sense of serious roleplay. Imagine you're playing your Citizen character, and you get approached by this menacing looking combine soldier and you know you're about to get your ass kicked, and then a small child's voice comes over the mic and starts squeaking out orders. You're not going to take that seriously. Pretty much every HL2:RP server ever is text only, because the gamemode is text based. There are /me's, /rolls, and a lot of other important parts to the gamemode done in chat.

Also, HL2:RP is not about quickness AT ALL. Literally in the quiz you need to pass in order to join the server (on every HL2RP) it'll ask if you understand that Serious Roleplay can be slow paced and detailed. Jump on an HL2RP server and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Coutinroy wrote:
lMichaell wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
Serious roleplay does not really fit with zarp . imo
Everyone has a different taste in GMOD, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others will, even with the ethos it is still possible, simple by adding a "points" system, where once you get a certain amount of points you get banned, instead of instantly getting banned, where the ethos would have to be ignored.

Para is basing his opinion on the current policies we have and the way we work. We are very lenient and simply cannot open a server that needs you to be strict on it to succeed. Our players do not like the rules, and we simply cannot change the community wide policies just to satisfy the needs of 1 server.

Firstly:

Viking wrote:
Giving people chances is extremely important to a successful HL2RP server. We can't expect everybody who joins, especially in a community that isn't focused on serious roleplay, to already know all the rules and how to properly roleplay. The HL2RP staff team will not only be there to enforce the rules, but they're also going to be teaching players how to properly play on an HL2RP server, especially in the first few weeks of the server's release (if accepted). I'll be straight up, HL2RP is not a simple or easy gamemode to comprehend and play correctly at first, and that's something I will do my best to solve with the team

Secondly, I kind of understood where Para was coming from, but your response doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not sure what rules "our players don't like" you're referring to as no rules have been announced for the server yet. Yes, HL2:RP is a serious roleplaying gamemode, but that doesn't mean all of a sudden we have to ban everyone who breaks the slightest of rules. Being lenient is more important to a serious roleplaying server than it is a classic DarkRP server, and you'll see that should the server launch or by playing any other HL2:RP server. Every server needs it's own specific rules and policies, every gamemode is unique and needs to be administrated uniquely. I don't think it will be difficult to work with the Community Team to come up with a lenient set of rules that adheres to Zarp's current policies, and I don't think this should be considered an issue whatsoever.

_Max wrote:
It's not really that popular of a gamemode and will take a lot to get running. RP servers that have not been created by chute / EMP have never been complete (perp). As para said it doesn't really fit in on ZARP. That is just my opinion ofc.

The HL2:RP gamemode is quite different from classic RP gamemodes. It'll be based off of Clockwork's Schema or Nutscript's Schema (EMP prefers we use nutscript) which supplies us with the base gamemode already. From there we add our own modifications to the server to customize it slightly, but still stay true to classic HL2:RP. This makes it pretty easy to get the server up and running actually, especially since Viz already has a bunch of custom content ready to go. The hardest part will be typing out guides/informational topics and organizing trainings and such. But after the initial startup it should be smooth sailing.

Shark wrote:
First of all if people don't want to be strict or think they can't handle it DON'T APPLY not all ssrp staff needs to be staff on this too
Second of all not all servers have to be made to make the little tight group of people who only like sillyness happy. This would widen the community and pull people in.
I have to agree with Shark here, if serious roleplay isn't up someone's alley they simply don't have to connect to the server. However based off the poll many are interested in at least trying it out and seeing how it goes. But again, leniency is extremely important to the success of the server and we're not going to be handing out harsh punishments, we want people to learn and to have fun on Zarp's HL2RP.

Thank you again everyone for the feedback, let's get some more!
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shark, MichaeI, Roy Harper, Hellsdevil

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596826

I have never played any roleplay game, but... this sounds really fun! Good luck!
  • Leopatra
  • Senior Boarder
  • I work hard every motherfuckin' day
  • Thanks received: 266
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596839

lMichaell wrote:
To expand on this, considering I have talked with Viking on steam about this since he missed it.
The points system would replace the warning system, where a player breaks a rule, lets say fail-rp for example, gets certain amount of points (e.g 15) (fully up to the admin how much he should get) These can be appealed if you feel it was too much or abusive.
Once you get a certain amount of points by breaking many rules, for example 25 or 35 points, you would be banned from the server.
The points are also not permanent, they run out after 2 weeks (same as "recent" warnings in SSRP).

So player A, breaks FAIL-RP, gets let's say 10 points (minimal fail-rp), and then 1 week later breaks FAIL-RP, getting 20 points (large FAIL-RP) The user get's a ban, which the user can appeal if it was abusive or they realized what they have done wrong and are clearly sorry for their mistakes.

It's a pretty simple system, max points should be set for each rule also so staff cannot give too many points for minimal rule breaks, following the ethos.
This would mean the ethos would still apply to HL2:RP, meaning that this can stay on ZARP without any specific change to the ethos being needed.

I hope to see this implemented as in my eyes, it's a very efficient system.

Smaller bans can also be placed on smaller amounts of points, if the admin feels the rule breaker is not realizing his mistake or has blantly broken said rule on purpose to ruin RP.
E.g 5-10 Warning Points - Maximum 3 day ban
10-15 Warning points - Maximum 5 day ban.
15-20 Warning points - Maximum 7 day ban
20+ Warning points - Fully to the admins discretion, including permanent bans.
Under the rule list there would be all rule breaks under these sections, showing which rule is worse than another, the worst would be Hacking, DDos threats, Abusing exploits intentionally for personal benefits or Selling in-game items, meta-currency, or prestige for real world currency.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597204

Glad to see all the support, really hope it becomes a thing.
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • surprisingly still kicking
  • Thanks received: 1102

Former Deathrun Owner & more
FP DarkRP Head Admin

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597522

I personally am not a fan of Serious RP, but this new gamemode will attract other style of players who prefer playing seriously
:plussp:
  • _Lewis
  • Legendary Member
  • Scotland
  • Thanks received: 1074
Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
Ex-Surf Super Administrator

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597546

:support: Love the idea.
  • Bazaraxe
  • Legendary Member
  • Ay-Yi-Yi-Yi-
  • Thanks received: 905

Ex Deathrun Head Admin

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597624

Thank you for all the recent positive feedback!

For anybody interested in learning more about the gamemode, this guide does a great job at outlining the basics of the gamemode.

Again thank you for all the feedback given so far.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597625

Actually seems like a pretty good idea.

• _DeletedAcc_
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex-Player (Aj107)
  • Thanks received: 52
-
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by _DeletedAcc_. Reason: better spacing

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597638

PLEASE ACCEPT THIS SHIT !

damn did chute or emp asked for game modes suggestions ? i see too many of them recently
  • _SadMan_
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 83

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597679

Sounds like a brilliant Idea best of luck Viking!
  • KapiJam
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • emotionally attracted to chuteuk
  • Thanks received: 1148

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597772

This idea sounds fantastic :plussp:
  • Hey its Alex
  • Legendary Member
  • Ex- Deathrun HA, Ex-TTT Admin x2, Ex-Surf Mod
  • Thanks received: 460

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597779

Can't quote every body . But i heard something about a point system and about making different ethos.
The game mode has to fit with our current ethos , and our current system how we deal with warns. A point system will never be used.

so aslong the game mode fits it then i don't mind giving it some thought
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ParaMontana.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597781

ParaMontana wrote:
Can't quote every body . But i heard something about a point system and about making different ethos.
The game mode has to fit with our current ethos , and our current system how we deal with warns. A point system will never be used.

But why though? Again if staff don't want to adapt to a new system they don't have to.
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597785

ParaMontana wrote:

From what I've heard EMP is very enthusiastic about this and possibly willing to code, I'm certain we'll find a way to make this work.
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

FP DarkRP Head Admin
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Hellsdevil.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597790

ParaMontana wrote:

I'm the only one that suggested this, and I never said changing ethos is required, if you bothered to read it.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viz

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #597857

ParaMontana wrote:

Like Michael said he just suggested it, and my response to him was that it would have to be discussed with the Community Team before it could even be considered. A warn system fits HL2:RP and we will make it work if you and the Team are willing to work with us to give this to the community.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their opinions so far, I was hoping for a positive reaction but you guys are blowing me away. Thank you!

Again, before we make our own, please give this guide a read when you have time to get familiar with the gamemode! It might not exactly match how our server will look, but it nails the basics.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Viking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pigskin

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #598950

Bump!
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #599505

Bump
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

FP DarkRP Head Admin

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #599542

ParaMontana wrote:

I think the current ethos would work perfectly with HL2:RP. As Viking said before the server survival would depend on people actually playing the server and understanding that the gamemode can be difficult for some people at first. We would need helpfull admins there not to just ban everyone who broke failrp once but to guide and direct new players on how to properly RP. Overall i think every aspect of the ethos would work great on hl2.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking, Ace, Hellsdevil
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

182 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop