Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [Server Suggestion] HL2:RP

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596369

What is HL2:RP?

HL2:RP is a serious roleplaying gamemode that takes place in the Half Life universe after the Combine have taken over Earth in just 7 hours. The Combine are a superior race to humans and have far greater technology that they use to their advantage in order to keep their oppressive hold on Earth and the human race. Players initially take the role of Citizens living in an oppressed City controlled by the Combine, and have free reign to do as they please, creating their own character's stories and bringing them to life in anyway they choose. There is no voice chat, everything is done over text in-game and requires detail and proper grammar and punctuation.

The Factions

Citizens

The majority of players will be citizens. Citizens are malnourished and living under the full might of the combine, trying their hardest just to survive in the city. Citizen roleplay is the most free-reigned, as there are multiple paths you can choose to take your character. Will you succumb to the Combine and become a loyalist, or will you rebel against their tyranny and resist? Or will you be neutral in the conflict and just try to live as normal of a life as possible? The choice is yours, and it is completely up to you what you want to do with your character.

The Resistance

The Resistance isn't an "official" group. Anyone can be a rebel, or form their own rebel group, and sometimes even these groups conflict with one another on their own differing views. Nevertheless, the ultimate goal of The Resistance is about fighting back against the Combine and trying to reclaim Earth for the human race. Whether your group believes the best way to do this is all out war with the Combine, or peaceful diplomatic negotiations, or somewhere in the middle is entirely up to you and the roleplay behind your characters.

Combine Civil Authority (CCA)

The Combine are the rulers of Earth. They control every aspect of the City with brute force and no remorse. With access to far superior technology than that of the humans, they are a far more advanced race. There is a rank system (Recruit, 05, 04, 03, 02 ,01, etc) where you can be promoted and climb the ranks if you roleplay correctly and perform well in the field, gaining access to more advanced weaponry and getting more responsibility within the CCA. There are also multiple divisions which are tasked with different responsibilities. The UNION division is tasked with patrolling the streets and maintaining general stability within the City, while the GRID division are the Engineers of the CCA for example. This is a whitelisted faction that you will have to apply and be accepted for, because it involves complex roleplay that differs greatly from Citizen RP which you must be trained to do.

Civil Worker's Union (CWU) & Civil Medical Union (CMU)

The Civil Worker's Unions is a loyalist faction that runs the shops around the City, selling CCA approved goods to citizens. The CWU will be run by an Owner, with General Managers working underneath him or her. Branched off of the CWU is the Civil Medical Union, which is essentially a free health care service to all of the City's citizens provided by the CCA. The CMU is run by a Lead Surgeon, with doctors underneath him or her.

Server Specifics

Server Map: City 17 Industrial

While I'm completely open to having the community vote via poll should this server be accepted, I believe the best map for the server would be i17. It's a well known, popular map with plenty of space that includes a massive Nexus building, sewers, plenty of space for Citizen interactions, shops, and more.

Development Team

The Head Developer of the server will be a Friendly Players veteran, Viz. Viz has over four years of experience developing in Clockwork (HL2RP Gamemode), and already has multiple custom addons ready to be implemented into the server:

- Fully Animated Vortigaunts w/ working SWEPS
- Equipable Backpacks
- Bodygroup Plugin when creating your character
- Adjustable Character Heights
- Much more

Alongside these custom addons there is a large Plugin Center on CloudSixteen's website filled with plugins I can/will purchase for the server if we want to go that route. We of course are also very open to bringing others on board who want to help out.

Let us know what you think Zarp, would you like to see a HL2:RP Server?
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • FP Ambassador™
  • Thanks received: 616
"Tbh you would have been a cm by now if you hadn’t got banned." - EMP 5/10/18
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crocodile, Bazaraxe, Hellsdevil

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596374

Great idea.

I remember back when FP had a HL2:RP server. Lots of fun and easy to invest tons of hours in.
Exciting and a fun way to get some roleplaying done.

Definitely hope the server will get a chance!
  • Hulubalu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Felix Wesker
  • Thanks received: 29
FP Ambassador

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596375

Yes

Big :plussp: Would be good for FP Though if you want to return the playerbase
  • Nate
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bigwhal Gaming
  • Thanks received: 501
Former Bhop Admin
Former SSRP Admin
Former TTT Admin
Former Surf Admin
Former Deathrun Admin
Former Prophunt Mod
Former Murder Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viking

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596379

Serious roleplay does not really fit with zarp . imo
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ParaMontana.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596382

I want this server more than i want to respect women. With that being said i also voted "NO" not really for any reason.
  • El Fugeo Grande
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 35

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596384

ParaMontana wrote:

Have to agree.
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3799

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596385

ParaMontana wrote:

Give us perp pls
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596388

Good suggestion

Good owner

Will make a good server

:support:
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 2022

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596396

erm why not perp but seems ok
  • Lewis.
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596400

Yes please Zarp needs an actual RP server and hl2 seems like really funny!
  • Diego
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 407
~

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596409

ParaMontana wrote:
Completely respect this opinion. While I agree that HL2RP doesn't fit into Zarp's current roster of servers, that's part of the reason I'm suggesting it. Accepting this server could open up Zarp to a new demographic of Garry's Mod players the community hasn't seen before; the serious roleplayers.

|FP| TheEMP: Its not a bad idea
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596414

Viking wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:
Completely respect this opinion. While I agree that HL2RP doesn't fit into Zarp's current roster of servers, that's part of the reason I'm suggesting it. Accepting this server could open up Zarp to a new demographic of Garry's Mod players the community hasn't seen before; the serious roleplayers.

with our current policies and our ethos. managing a halflife serious rp mode is gonna be extremely difficult.
we are very lenient and we give people many chances. It already affects SSRP alot but i think it would be even of a bigger impact on a serious RP. thats why i think it wouldn't fit. It would needs its own policies and its own ethos. Something we simply are not willing to do.
Unless you can present a way to keep the server extremely fun under our policies
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Harper

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596416

Yes please!

Finally a server with owners that can actually code themselves.
  • RFlex
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • whats up
  • Thanks received: 997

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596417

ParaMontana wrote:
The majority of zarp aren't into serious RP however, I'd have to say there's still quite a fair few people who would play this. You can't forget it would also reel new people into the community.

EDIT: Sometimes it's better to listen to the minority rather than the majority.
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 8582
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Nafe.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596462

Half Life 2 has always been one of my favourite games, and the game mode has always been one of my favourites. I would really like to see this happen. PERP did work before but it was the developer who let it die.

If Xnator gets a prophunt server which no one really asked for, give this other highly popular game mode a chance.

I am sure Chute, EMP, Viking and a lot of others are familiar with the game mode and how fun it is due to the popularity and FP previously having a HL2:RP server.

:plussp:
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by The Gamer Guy.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596466

ParaMontana wrote:
Viking wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

with our current policies and our ethos. managing a halflife serious rp mode is gonna be extremely difficult.
we are very lenient and we give people many chances. It already affects SSRP alot but i think it would be even of a bigger impact on a serious RP. thats why i think it wouldn't fit. It would needs its own policies and its own ethos. Something we simply are not willing to do.
Unless you can present a way to keep the server extremely fun under our policies
Whats wrong with making a server specific etho and rules?

we arent 10 we can know there is difference in the 2 servers and ssrp admins doesnt have to apply for hl2rp if they cant understand those differences???
  • Diego
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • quack
  • Thanks received: 407
~

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596468

Haha even EMP voted, i remember when there was a HL2:RP on fp's but, that was verry bored.
Zarp HL2:RP would be a nice thing.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596598

ParaMontana wrote:
Viking wrote:
ParaMontana wrote:

Giving people chances is extremely important to a successful HL2RP server. We can't expect everybody who joins, especially in a community that isn't focused on serious roleplay, to already know all the rules and how to properly roleplay. The HL2RP staff team will not only be there to enforce the rules, but they're also going to be teaching players how to properly play on an HL2RP server, especially in the first few weeks of the server's release (if accepted). I'll be straight up, HL2RP is not a simple or easy gamemode to comprehend and play correctly at first, and that's something I will do my best to solve with the team. Some things I've been thinking of to try and help that is posting either one large megathread on everything you could possibly need to know to play, or posting separate topics each outlining a specific part of the gamemode in order to clarify any questions.

AA RFLeX wrote:
Yes please!

Finally a server with owners that can actually code themselves.
This is also another important piece when it comes to considering opening the server. With Viz on board as the lead developer we already have a solid start to this server, and I'm sure we'll have even more help from others as things move along.

Thank you for all the feedback so far, looking forward to seeing more.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596605

There is no voice chat, everything is done over text in-game and requires detail and proper grammar and punctuation.

After reading this I am rather possitive that it's not going to work out. There is simply too many european non-native speakers who won't have the standard requirements needed for such roleplaying server. There are other problems mentioned before such as the way Zarp does things. However I did really enjoy reading your suggestion, there's alot of great ideas and could have a decent amount of potential. Which in case I decided to vote yes upon this suggestion cause it could bring another dimension to Zarp, which is probably needed either way.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by catboy sven ツ.

[Server Suggestion] HL2:RP 6 years 10 months ago #596608

Aspect wrote:
There is no voice chat, everything is done over text in-game and requires detail and proper grammar and punctuation.

After reading this I am rather possitive that it's not going to work out. There is simply too many european non-native speakers who won't have the standard requirements needed for such roleplaying server. There are other problems mentioned before such as the way Zarp does things. However I did really enjoy reading your suggestion, there's alot of great ideas and could have a decent amount of potential. Which in case I decided to vote yes upon this suggestion cause it could bring another dimension to Zarp, which is probably needed either way.
As long as those players are giving their best efforts to type with correct grammar and punctuation we'll try and work with them. We're not going to turn away a large demographic of players because of a breakage of a small(ish) rule. If they continuously play the server I guarantee their writing will improve, as I've met many people on other HL2RP servers from all across the world who have managed. It is definitely an important thing to bring up and discuss so thank you.
  • Viking
  • Senior Boarder
  • FP Ambassador™
The following user(s) said Thank You: catboy sven ツ
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

255 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1