Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: SSRP 4 new eco 100k starter

There should be server 4 No votes 0%
There should'nt No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: [SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview?

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573494

Chuteuk wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Anyway this is a completely biased poll, so any arguments used relating to this poll are completely invalid. Users are persuaded by the poll creater to vote a certain way thus making the poll invalid. I suggest that if you want a server 4 start off by making a non-biased poll.

This is absolutely correct. Whilst there is nothing wrong with a petition style poll, Plankton, you seem to be confusing a petition with a referendum, this poll is by no means a referendum of the people of this community.

Imagine the EU referendum ballot paper, reads as follows:

LEAVE EU NO SNGLE MKT 50% LESS LAW
There should be no EU membership
There shouldn't

Let's leave aside the fact that stating this question to the public would be illegal under laws governing referendums in the UK. It's not clear what people are voting on at all.

There's nothing wrong with having a petition. And when you state you want people's support on something and give your reasons why that's called a petition and not a referendum.

There's a petition with millions of votes of people who want to overturn the result of the EU referendum with a second referendum, a petition created infact by someone who wanted to leave that doesn't now mean everyone wants to overturn the result.

Let's be clear on the difference between a petition and a referendum.

Why not make a new, official poll while you're at it? I was always told that ZARP acts on behalf of the users; if a majority of the users wants something done, it should be done. Or so I was always told.
  • BremFM
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 93
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP] Suggestion *Votes* 106 Yes. So? Overview? 6 years 11 months ago #573563

BremFM wrote:
Chuteuk wrote:
CaptinF1rework wrote:
Anyway this is a completely biased poll, so any arguments used relating to this poll are completely invalid. Users are persuaded by the poll creater to vote a certain way thus making the poll invalid. I suggest that if you want a server 4 start off by making a non-biased poll.

This is absolutely correct. Whilst there is nothing wrong with a petition style poll, Plankton, you seem to be confusing a petition with a referendum, this poll is by no means a referendum of the people of this community.

Imagine the EU referendum ballot paper, reads as follows:

LEAVE EU NO SNGLE MKT 50% LESS LAW
There should be no EU membership
There shouldn't

Let's leave aside the fact that stating this question to the public would be illegal under laws governing referendums in the UK. It's not clear what people are voting on at all.

There's nothing wrong with having a petition. And when you state you want people's support on something and give your reasons why that's called a petition and not a referendum.

There's a petition with millions of votes of people who want to overturn the result of the EU referendum with a second referendum, a petition created infact by someone who wanted to leave that doesn't now mean everyone wants to overturn the result.

Let's be clear on the difference between a petition and a referendum.

Why not make a new, official poll while you're at it? I was always told that ZARP acts on behalf of the users; if a majority of the users wants something done, it should be done. Or so I was always told.
Yea but lets be honest here, you guys don't always want whats for the best. Ultimately we are here for a reason and that reason is we are the ones with the experence and the knowledge to actually do this stuff and do it pretty damn well. Take the map vote for server 2 as an example zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/10-announ...51-server-2-map-poll you guys knowingly voted in a map that was known to have bugs and was known to cause crashes. But did any of the 105 people who voted for that care? No they were to caught up in their own selfish reason for wanting the map, that they were more then willing to ignore those crucial facts. Now Im not saying this is always the case but it will forever serve as a reminder that you guys honestly don't know whats for the best all the time. I won't claim to know everything, but what I can claim is my experience and the experience that Chute has combined over a decade(Chute almost at a decade just by himself). So when we say this is a bad idea there are very well thought out reasons for that. The biggest thing I can think of his we dont want to split the SSRP community. We already have a hard enough time as it is to find staff to be active on all 3 servers at the same time let alone 4. Sever 2 is also very usefull durning our updates when server 1 is nearly always full. I really think if anything you guys could be focusing on suggesting stuff that could balcance the game out as it is. Becuase as of right now we have no plans to do anything like this, sorry but we need to spend our time on stuff that will actualy help the whole community not harm it.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by EMP.
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: MadMagic, Kanna.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

265 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32